[S] Khaak Invasions v1.1 22/01/09

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 12:00

Hmmm.... The massage I'm getting starts with:
'The [race] asks all military contractors for help with the defense of [sector]...' Or something like that... The system doesn't store these messages (which would be helpful) so I can't give an accurate quote... All I do know is that I'm getting invasion messages, wasting my energy cells and seeing like a friggin' armada of 'Assault' ships from like three/five beacons doing tail flips in space... I can't imagine the invasion is over, since I respond immediately... Nor do the ships just come there for no reason (since this script is failsafed against this kind of stuff, I hope)....
I did once get a 'Gratitude' message.... It was from the Boron race telling me that they were grateful for my help with the defense against the Khaak menace (Yada-Yada)... My reward was 0 credits in bright yellow...' Problem here was that the last invasion message (nor any previous one) hadn't come from the Boron, but the Split... Hmmm....
To each, his own.

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 13:51

The generic call for aid messages like you described are from Race Patrols, when a heavy fleet is called. Sometimes the calling fleet actually regardless manages to defeat the threat from outside scanner range. Then the heavier fleet should just move there, and go away. Often they unfortunately also end up spinning around near the gate, because the move commands suck with many ships in formation. The indefinetly avoid one another. Or fighters dock and undock in endless loop. Going OOS will avoid these problems with the standard commands, so it's not infinite loop as long as you leave sector.

Next version of khaak invasions won't give you the thanks message if reward is 0. The khaak invasion was somewhere at Boron space. Nothing to do with the assist calls from Split. And you're thanked even if you did not contribute, which is bug. You didn't get call to Khaak invasion, since you didn't own stuff in sector, and it didn't get hairy enough to call for big fleet.

Fallencomrade182
x3tc

Post by Fallencomrade182 » Sun, 25. Jan 09, 22:19

I liked the way the Khaak launched attacks in x3r, it gave me something to do and with the npc bailing addon it gave me a lot of opertunities for big money.

However I am a bit reluctant to download this in case the Khaak come too often in too big numbers.

How often have you guys had khaak attacks and what size have they been?
A black cat crossing the road signifies that an animal is going somewhere.

I was here to watch Heretic's End fall.

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 01:20

Fallencomrade: If you use race patrols, they will almost always deal with the khaak without player assistance. If the player has stations in the sector invaded, it's possible they get destroyed before. There's 2/7 change of at least a destroyer in the group, and I don't think anything smaller will really destroy stations. A group comes in every few hours. Reloading from before an invasion, will make the invasion go someplace else.

Fallencomrade182
x3tc

Post by Fallencomrade182 » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 22:18

Sounds promising. :)

However, I had Race responce fleets on x3r and it was glitched(ie. Terran ships Launching against Ianamus zura and destroying everything in sight)
So as you can guess, I'm a bit reluctant on that also ;)

Its very Tempting however, I might get both if im feeling lucky :P

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 00:11

Race response fleets, by LV, is something else. My Race Patrols script is more conservative, and has somewhat different a scope. If Race response fleets are anything like the X3R, they will overkill these Khaak Invasions in no time.

Morphisor

Post by Morphisor » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 16:25

KejimuraAngel wrote:
What combat mod are you using? It sounds like a blast.
This one: http://www.thexuniverse.com/forum/showt ... hp?t=13553

Quite a brilliant piece of work with all the additional plugins. Seriously improves combat framerate too.

SETA Abuse
x4

Post by SETA Abuse » Mon, 9. Feb 09, 10:01

Another oustanding mod from ttl, can't wait to try this out. A Xenon invasion mod sounds massively fun, too.

For anyone wondering, ttl's Race Patrols mod is first class. Improves my framerate and makes for some really interesting battles, and it's immersive in my opinion. Putting the two together is going to be huge fun. Might have to call in sick tomorrow ...

Thanks ttl, things like this make X3 so much more fun (and playable) for me.

Time to go kill some Khaak :khaak:

Fallencomrade182
x3tc

Post by Fallencomrade182 » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 22:54

To uninstall this mod.. do I just remove it from cycrows?

No offence intended, it was epic while it worked, however for some reason my game has completely screwed up and im just getting rid of every possible thing that could be causing it

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 17:39

This is a script, not a mod. Learning the difference not only helps you understand how your game is modified as you install stuff, but also helps you communicate with others about said stuff.

You can just turn any AL plugin script off from AL menu.

If you really want to uninstall the script files as well, in this case it's adviced to turn the AL plugin off, and wait until you don't see "khaakinvasion" scripts running at global scripts anymore (might be several IG hours). Then you can remove the files safely (with Cycrow's manager). Just removing the files shouldn't make your game explode, either, but some effects can be unpredictable.

Mckye
x3tc

just my odd brain.

Post by Mckye » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 07:42

I was just in one of my 'WAY outside the box' thinking sprees and read your thread. an interesting line on thinking that I thought I would share. it seems that the Khaak are a little suicidal at times, I was thinking 'Why jump into a sector that you know will be protected? unless you were looking to start a fight..' and then I thought, wouldnt it be cool to see the Khaak Carrier send a solitary scout to claim nearby abandon ships (I'm using the bail extension) and load them up into the carrier and then jump out. no explanation, as to why they would do this, but it would add some kind of odd motive to the attacks... or even better, capture ejected pilots also... anyways, just an interesting thought.[/u]

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 08:26

ok i have a question of compatiabilty.. this works with cmod3 and race patrols, but how would it work with rapid response fleets thrown in as well because race patrols doesnt seem to respond to other races attacking each other or me attacking them :s only to the occasional attack from xenon/pirates/khak...? and if someone wanted complet war... with conflicts thrown in with all of the above? :twisted:
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 12:32

Good question as to how all of the "race military" scripts work together. I don't have an answer, however, since I don't have experience with the other scripts, and I believe this goes to all the other scripters as well. The Khaak invasions are independent of any patrols, though. What I remember from Race Response Fleets in X3R, however, the invasions will likely be killed so fast by them it's irrelevant in any case.

Race Patrols _should_ attack anyone who is hostile _to them_. This includes the player. If you have problems you can bring it up in that thread, but I've given up on playing x3tc for now, so don't expect too much. I might be back if the combat system is improved such that bullet spreads are made moddable, otherwise I can't make this game into how I'd like to play it.

Walterses
x3tc

Post by Walterses » Tue, 24. Feb 09, 12:57

ahh cheers so im guessing cmod3 doesnt do it for you?
Would someone kill those dam fighters all ready? Those flack cannons are giving me a headache :s

bigdan6248
x4

Post by bigdan6248 » Wed, 25. Mar 09, 14:35

This is such a cool script, especially for someone that likes making money off of salvaged wares. :roll:

Had a Carrier, Destroyer, several Corvettes and about 20 or so fighters invade Herron's Nebula last night, so I jumped my Shrike to Argon Prime for a few quick Typhoon missiles when BAM, same sized group was razing Argon Prime...

... fun, fun stuff.

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 13:04

Nice if people like this, and still play with this :-)

This script never really was fully tweaked till the end. Since I'm not really supporting this anymore, in the off chance any other scripter wants to take and modify it, releasing updated or alternate versions (like, say, with Xenons), go ahead.

It's not that complicated a script, so I'd suppose if any serious scripter would muddle into the domain of this script, they'd build theirs from scratch. But in the case not, or someone wants to learn scripting by making small modifications they want, go ahead and run with this.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Tue, 31. Mar 09, 23:47

I've got a fleet consisting of 1 carrier, 6 destroyers, and a few heavy fighters that will NOT leave me alone and I'm 1 hour into the game, I can run 4 sectors away and that fleet will come to that sector and go right to where I am hiding 150km away like they are specifically hunting ME. I disabled the script but the ships are already there in my game. I have race patrols turned on but while occasionally some ships show up to fight, they either then run away or get killed in short order. I've been waiting for a large argon fleet to come and wipe them out..... but its been a long time now.

Why is this fleet so intent on killing just me and what would the normal response time be for a large opposing fleet to show up and deal with this?

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 15:01

This is a problem with the standard AI routines that control who and how enemy ships attack. First, once they settle on a target, they will chase it unerringly. And second, they seem to prefer to pick on the playership. And because of interrupts, they will remember the old target (playership), after they have killed whoever disrupted them in between.

The enemy fleet probably change sectors chansing you before Race Patrols can respond. You should find a Patrol ship, and follow it while it runs. It is running to meet its reinforcement fleet, and that fleet will help you out. If it's really 6 destroyers, I recommend you seek out a race core sector, and let the Patrols deal with it.

You could also likely break the chase by jumping a fair distance (but 1 hour into the game might not be enough for a jumpdrive).

Thus : Invasions should be modified to not leave their target system.

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Tue, 7. Apr 09, 04:42

Apparently I am going to need to start learning how to script.
I love the idea of occasional invasions wreaking total havoc on the universe, but if the enemy ships are going to keep doing this it'll drive me crazy. Since I posted that I noticed that its not just the Khaak but also other enemy ships PREFER to go after my property which is what you are also saying...

I actually had capped a buster which turned out to have a jumpdrive early in the game (argon start so no jumpdrive for sale nearby that I know of yet, funny thing is it's probably in Terran space and I haven't even bothered going back in there since i started building my economy/supply industry up). Tried jumping away, thats how I figured out they found me, I jumped to a sector, flew 150km away and turned on seta while I was eating dinner. Had my ship pointed towards the sector and after a few minutes noticed the entire fleet coming right at me again.

ttl wrote:This is a problem with the standard AI routines that control who and how enemy ships attack. First, once they settle on a target, they will chase it unerringly. And second, they seem to prefer to pick on the playership. And because of interrupts, they will remember the old target (playership), after they have killed whoever disrupted them in between.

The enemy fleet probably change sectors chansing you before Race Patrols can respond. You should find a Patrol ship, and follow it while it runs. It is running to meet its reinforcement fleet, and that fleet will help you out. If it's really 6 destroyers, I recommend you seek out a race core sector, and let the Patrols deal with it.

You could also likely break the chase by jumping a fair distance (but 1 hour into the game might not be enough for a jumpdrive).

Thus : Invasions should be modified to not leave their target system.
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

Urschleim
x4

Post by Urschleim » Mon, 13. Apr 09, 15:53

this is exactly what i´m looking for, thx ttl !!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”