[SCRIPT]Advanced HyperDrive(AHD) v2.0 [Apr.09.2009] with video demo TC2.0a compatible

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 11:17

aquemnun wrote:I forget if this hs already been in the thread and I am to lazy to look right now :roll: but are you using the standard gate models or ar you using a custom set of gate files and models that just happen to be the same?
I would really like to be able to see those ship to ship jumps with a custom gate like the nebula gate in the XFP and... that other modby observe that was recently releasd or TC, as that would just look amazing.
I'm using the standard jumpgate model, i didn't dig into the models and meshes files and used the standard "create gate" command provided by egosoft :)
aquemnun wrote: awesome work man, i look forward to using and abusing this fabulous mod!

AQM
Thanks a lot
Have fun :)

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 12:39

loky77 one more question. How would I go about changing the gate types, so instead of the normal gates i can use the TOA (trans-orbital-accelerator). Basically i have set it up so all the ships i use for gate construction are terran (as they already have experience and knowledge of gate building) and i use atmospheric lifters as the powerplants behind it. I just thought it would look better with the TOA's instead of normal gates.

thanks in advance
AQM

p.s. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW GOOD AND HANDY THIS MOD IS!!
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 19:10

Good script. One question: is there a way to remove the sound, and/or replace it with something less chatty?

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 19:14

Jaga_Telesin wrote:Good script. One question: is there a way to remove the sound, and/or replace it with something less chatty?
Ok if you want to ge rid of all the sounds then you open the .cat/dat with X3modmanager, then delete every s/x file. so for example delete

s/1032.wav
s/4234.wav
s/4323.wav
s/1534.wav

then it will just be no sound in place of the sounds you dont like. if you want to delete certain sounds you extract the files and then just delete the files you ont want.
the subject discovered

Jaga_Telesin
x4

Post by Jaga_Telesin » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 19:25

Thanks aquemnun.

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 08:16

I seem to be having a problem, when i click new game i am greeted by a loud high pitched noise then about 15 seconds later my computer reboots :evil:

I installed it with the plug-in manger and i have tried both versions of the mod. I have tried with and with out any other mods installed and i get the same result.

I am using version 1.4 of the game. Also i am using XP Pro so its not some kind of vista error. :? any ideas what the problem could be?

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 12:40

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo wrote:I seem to be having a problem, when i click new game i am greeted by a loud high pitched noise then about 15 seconds later my computer reboots :evil:

I installed it with the plug-in manger and i have tried both versions of the mod. I have tried with and with out any other mods installed and i get the same result.

I am using version 1.4 of the game. Also i am using XP Pro so its not some kind of vista error. :? any ideas what the problem could be?
Some people were experiencing that type of problem that i never managed to reproduce, i did test the script on XP pro 32 bit and Vista 32 bits without any problems. Are you using some king of specials audio codecs ? are you using ffdshow as some people seems to have problems with it ? Try to play te wave files in the /s directory to see if you can play them correctly out of the game ... Try moving those files away and see if it is a sound problem ...

Those are just some hints to try resolving the problem as i can't reproduce it all :(
So i can't really know what that come from.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 12:44

aquemnun wrote:loky77 one more question. How would I go about changing the gate types, so instead of the normal gates i can use the TOA (trans-orbital-accelerator). Basically i have set it up so all the ships i use for gate construction are terran (as they already have experience and knowledge of gate building) and i use atmospheric lifters as the powerplants behind it. I just thought it would look better with the TOA's instead of normal gates.

thanks in advance
AQM
I'm using the standard "create_gate" command and i don't know how to make TOA instead of gate with this command ( if someone knows, please go ahead )
However you can make a small mod that replace the standard gate model and textures with new one, so that all "normal" gates will have the new appearance
aquemnun wrote: p.s. I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW GOOD AND HANDY THIS MOD IS!!
Thanks a lot ;)

Enjoy

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 12:47

Jaga_Telesin wrote:Good script. One question: is there a way to remove the sound, and/or replace it with something less chatty?
the new sound files are placed in the /s directory, play them .. remove them, change them .. do what you want with those :)

Keep in mind that if some of your new sound files don't have the same duration you may have some sync problem while in game as mine are sync and delayed to fit the immersive impression

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 14:01

i used to have the high pitched whistling noise too, look on page one there is a script you need for the mod to run (the community pack or something, wasnt the clptic porjector.)

aslo loky77, thats a shame but thanks anyway man, lemme know if you figure it out :P
the subject discovered

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 14:02

Loky, great script, been using it since the beginning. Should be standard in the game.

I may not be remembering this correctly, but didn't your followers jump into a sector after you did, before with previous versions? It really was superb to see your wing jump in, in flashes of light with a bang, after you got in. Any chance of having the wing actually follow, as opposed to jumping concurrently with you?

It's such a nice effect to see them flash and arrive. Just a thought.

Defektiv
x4

Post by Defektiv » Thu, 19. Feb 09, 21:28

Best script I've ever used, hands down. I felt hesitant to use it at first as I thought it would make things too easy, but I was dreadfully wrong. Quantum jump may put you in range of a ship or allow you to jump ahead of it and double back, but you won't stay there for long if you can't match it's speed. It's super handy for getting around the sector.

Hyper Drive should just be standard. Running around replenishing e-cells is probably the worst contributor to grind in this game. It's nice to see the requirement go in this script.

Is it just me, though or can you not Quantum Jump a group of fighters from the Wing Command menu? I have tried repeatedly and they never move when I issue it from there.

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 20. Feb 09, 12:57

aquemnun wrote:i used to have the high pitched whistling noise too, look on page one there is a script you need for the mod to run (the community pack or something, wasnt the clptic porjector.)
YES community configuration plugin by Cycrow is needed for my script.

[quote="aquemnun"
aslo loky77, thats a shame but thanks anyway man, lemme know if you figure it out :P[/quote]

sure :P

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 20. Feb 09, 13:11

russbo wrote:Loky, great script, been using it since the beginning. Should be standard in the game.

I may not be remembering this correctly, but didn't your followers jump into a sector after you did, before with previous versions? It really was superb to see your wing jump in, in flashes of light with a bang, after you got in. Any chance of having the wing actually follow, as opposed to jumping concurrently with you?

It's such a nice effect to see them flash and arrive. Just a thought.
You're right, in the first version you jumped first, then when your jump is complete, your followers jumped.
So you couldn't see them jumping out but see them jumping in.
This causes that you had to COMPLETE your own jump before your followers engaged their own, making a 40 seconds delay between time you initiate command and followers completed their jumps.

Now they kinda jump same time as you, so only 20sec from when you initiate commands and everyone finish their jumps. You can't see them jumping in but can see them jumping out

I could add an option to delay followers a bit, but as some people are stilll using standard egosoft auto-jump it could mess up the thing and make some ship doing double jump to the same place

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 20. Feb 09, 13:17

Defektiv wrote:Best script I've ever used, hands down. I felt hesitant to use it at first as I thought it would make things too easy, but I was dreadfully wrong. Quantum jump may put you in range of a ship or allow you to jump ahead of it and double back, but you won't stay there for long if you can't match it's speed. It's super handy for getting around the sector.

Hyper Drive should just be standard. Running around replenishing e-cells is probably the worst contributor to grind in this game. It's nice to see the requirement go in this script.
Thanks a lot. Glad you enjoying it :)
Defektiv wrote: Is it just me, though or can you not Quantum Jump a group of fighters from the Wing Command menu? I have tried repeatedly and they never move when I issue it from there.
The Quantum wing command is working, it will make ships member of the said wing to initiate the quantum. Logic :)
Also check that every ship in that said wing have necessary requirements to do a quantum, if not, only those that meet the requirements will initiate quantum jump :)

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Fri, 20. Feb 09, 16:56

just to check... what is the price of Quantum Jumping supposed to be in Ecells? 'cause i've been hopping across three expanded sector size sectors on a trade run and don't THINK i've used a hundred ecells yet...

Loky77
x3tc

Post by Loky77 » Fri, 20. Feb 09, 17:29

1 ecell every 20 km, as stated in the OP, still thinking about tweaking that to be function of size of ship :P

THE_BIG_FISH:Leo
x4

Post by THE_BIG_FISH:Leo » Fri, 20. Feb 09, 18:17

aquemnun wrote:i used to have the high pitched whistling noise too, look on page one there is a script you need for the mod to run (the community pack or something, wasnt the clptic porjector.)

aslo loky77, thats a shame but thanks anyway man, lemme know if you figure it out :P
I have that pack installed and i still get the sound and crash :(

I don't suppose anyone has any ideas as to why this is not working?

Defektiv
x4

Post by Defektiv » Sat, 21. Feb 09, 04:26

Loky77 wrote:The Quantum wing command is working, it will make ships member of the said wing to initiate the quantum. Logic :)
Also check that every ship in that said wing have necessary requirements to do a quantum, if not, only those that meet the requirements will initiate quantum jump :)
I think I figured out what I did wrong. I don't believe I put Jump Drives on them. It doesn't matter because they went splat doing a storyline mission. I still can't bring myself to script in the ecliptic projector yet and my M2 tank refused to QJ anywhere near within turret range for support. When he finally did, he flaked the whole darn wing.

Can't take that guy anywhere, I swear.

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 21. Feb 09, 23:42

i think four key presses doing a quantum jump forward twenty km is a good idea.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”