3D Models and Stats Viewer : Version 2.0.3.2 (12th Dec 2010)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 01:40

NeverSnake
Interesting that 'invalid args' went, not sure I can explain that.
Good to hear it works on Vista64.
A) Loading .bod/.bob files without loading the game-files - difficult, since it needs to know where e.g. bod-scene component bod/bob files are in the cat files,
but you're right it wouldn't need to parse the T*.txt game-files- maybe I'll add a 'quick load' sticky option.
B) Multithreading - haven't thought about that yet, don't think it would help tbh.
The spray shop slowness is due to it actually changing the textures in memory on-the-fly, it shouldn't affect the final rendering fame rate.
Actually since textures got a lot bigger in TC (4x typical), this is a lot slower than it was in Reunion.
If I could find out how to use the Egosoft-shader light-rendering correctly, this would be very much quicker, cos it would be the same as in-game (ie instantaneous).

Old Silver : cheers *has another swig of beer*

ianrobo75 : can't explain that, but I haven't approached Chrome with a long barge pole myself ;)

ephemeron : cheers *has another swig of beer*

BugMeister
At what point does that appear - after loading the game-files, or when loading a ship?

surferx : cheers *has another swig of beer*
These extra features are what took me so long to get a release out.

Hey my glass is empty ! *pops another can*

MBD
Downloaded that pluginmanager.cat, thanks. Seems a bit small to contain much, will have a test
Getting a 'not a valid JPEG file' from the filefactory download 'screenshot.jpg'
Hey were'd your post go!

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 02:04

BugMeister wrote:uh-oh..
- I'm getting one of these.. :o
[ external image ]

- running XP SP3
I had the same problem. I have a few fake patches, scripts and 2 mods. What worked for me is leaving the Plugin Manager opened and minimized it. It loads unmodded, mod1, and mod2. Works like a champ.

exogenesis, awsome program dude, Thank you.

MBD
x3tc

Post by MBD » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 02:45

exogenesis wrote:Downloaded that pluginmanager.cat, thanks. Seems a bit small to contain much, will have a test
After I originally submitted the post I thought it was the wrong file. I deleted the post so I could go and check it without leaving a link to a possible wrong file.
exogenesis wrote:Getting a 'not a valid JPEG file' from the filefactory download 'screenshot.jpg'
Strange. After I saved the screenie to the desktop I opened it with the 'Windows Picture and Fax Viewer' without any problems. After I uploaded it, I dl it to check to see if the linky was OK. It also opened.

[ external image ]
exogenesis wrote:Hey were'd your post go!
Here it is again:
MBD wrote:
exogenesis wrote: Strange, my X3:R 2.5 + XTM + Ashley(XTM) works fine, I thought Ashley standalone was a higher version than 1.32 ?
Updated to Ashley v2.5. Crashes at the same point as v1.32.
exogenesis wrote:When you say ' & ships', I assume you've added some individual ships via plugin manager?
You assume correctly. The ships appear correctly in the game.
exogenesis wrote:Could you upload that pluginmanager.cat somewhere so I can test it?
http://www.filefactory.com/file/afh3b8b ... anager_cat
exogenesis wrote:Also try the diagnostic mode as above.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/afh3b79 ... enshot_jpg
"We always were English and we always will be English and it's because we are English that we're sticking up for our rights to be Burgundians." - Passport to Pimlico 1949

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 03:46

IvanC wrote:
[ external image ]

- running XP SP3
I had the same problem. I have a few fake patches, scripts and 2 mods. What worked for me is leaving the Plugin Manager opened and minimized it. It loads unmodded, mod1, and mod2. Works like a champ.

..wow, that sorts the problem out perfectly - cheers, IvanC :roll:

- this is a brilliant piece of work, exo
- the graphics are amazing - great design - love the new icons, etc
- now the player can really check out those weak spots on the enemy's craft in detail..

- it is the "must-have" addition to the game..!! :D :thumb_up:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Shadow_180
x3tc

Post by Shadow_180 » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 13:19

IvanC wrote:
[ external image ]

- running XP SP3

I can also confirm that this fixes the problem (for me at least)

Pretty sure when playing X3:R I spent more time using the models viewer than I did playing the actual game. Now with all these sweet new features I might never manage to start X3:TC again! :lol:

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 14:29

great.

its great to see the turret coverage on most ships but it does give me errors on trying to load the K or J.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 14:37

IvanC & BugMeister
that's really odd about needing pluginmanager open, implies a system dll version problem - I'll investigate

MBD
thanks for the info, will investigate, it's probable I've only tested Ashley v2.3 XTM specific, not the v2.5 'general' version.

dalin80
What sort of error do you get with the K & J ?

dalin80
x3tc

Post by dalin80 » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 14:40

'illegal operation'

but its only intermittent , killing the app and restarting can get it working again 50% of the time.
Pilot of the Purple Elephant

NeverSnake
x3tc

Post by NeverSnake » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 16:23

exogenesis wrote:A) Loading .bod/.bob files without loading the game-files - difficult, since it needs to know where e.g. bod-scene component bod/bob files are in the cat files,
but you're right it wouldn't need to parse the T*.txt game-files- maybe I'll add a 'quick load' sticky option.
a) sorry, that may have been bad phrasing on my part. I was just suggesting adding a gate to the list of things that can be opened within the viewer rather than having to point the viewer to it's files manually.
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone" — Bjarne Stroustrup

Sinuhe
x4

Post by Sinuhe » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 18:48

You don't need to leave Pluginmanager open. For me it works perfectly, when I delete or temporarily move 0X.cat and *.dat files, which are created by the manager, to another directory. Maybe the slightly modified versions of TWareT.txt and/or TWareN.txt inside the *.cat cause the crash.
Grüße
Sinuhe

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Wed, 11. Feb 09, 20:19

NeverSnake
I see, maybe there are some other 'common' objects, that could be put into a 'miscellaneous' selection-grid.
I might still do shields & wares stats-only grids.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 14:43

New version 2.0.0.2, no new features,
but loads a lot quicker & copes with TC mods better (I think).

Please give any problems/functionality feedback if possible, cheers.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 15:15

[ external image ]

- Split say: "This very quickly working is..!!?" :roll:
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

PabloRSA
x4

Post by PabloRSA » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 16:11

Split and Argon chip plants give me an invalid argument error while loading there pictures with stats.

I have vanilla install.

I will test all the others but so far 3 additonal ones with errors.

Please wait........

Ok it seems only to show if there has been a blank space selected.

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Mon, 16. Feb 09, 20:08

:) It's wonderful what a bit of pre-indexing does for loading speed,
actually I was quite surprised to get the game-file load this quick
(1.692 secs on my old dog of a PC)

PabloRSA
That occasional 'invalid argument' error is random, still trying to track it down...

IvanC
x2

Post by IvanC » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 14:00

@ exogenesis, you're not lying about quick loading times with v2.0.0.2 :o . It also fixed problem with Plugin Manager having to be opened. Thanks again.

ianrobo75
x4

Post by ianrobo75 » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 14:11

exogenesis wrote::That occasional 'invalid argument' error is random, still trying to track it down...
I get 'An invalid argument was encountered' quite often but only when loading the ship models, never just the stats (not loaded anything other than ships). I just close the child window and select and open the ship from the ships sheet again and it works fine.
Vista SP1 - Viewer V2.0.0.2

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 16:47

IvanC wrote:@ exogenesis, you're not lying about quick loading times with v2.0.0.2 :o . It also fixed problem with Plugin Manager having to be opened. Thanks again.
- that wee problem has cleared on my rig, as well..
- it fire's up straight away now.. :)

exogenesis
x4

Post by exogenesis » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 19:42

A run of good news then :)

draffutt
x4

Post by draffutt » Tue, 17. Feb 09, 23:23

hello exogenesis:

i have further info on that glitch i had mentioned with the turret.

here are some examples:

here is an object floating in space in front of the ka'ak ship in game:
[ external image ]

now here it is in the viewer. as you can see instead of it floating in space; its inside the frame of the ship. (that is where i found the object)
[ external image ]

(different bug?) and another here is a xenon turret floating in space:

[ external image ]

and here in viewer you can see its attached to the hull supposely:

[ external image ] and also using this image as an example. (the original glitch) related even thou the viewer show the turrets pointing forward in my game they were pointing straight up

these are all changes i made. it almost as if for the turrets it reading the original location/position data instead of the player updated. for the first bug it appears there is a value switched somewhere.

would it be possible to have viewer remember its window position in a future update for those of use with 2 or more monitors?

[bug] with a ka'ak ship opened in view and show weapon beams active. when mousing over a kyon base weapon doesn't cause the greenish beam to flash blue on screen. also can you change the color for missile launchers (for the M8 class at least?) since that is the primary weapon.
None of us is as smart as all of us. ~Ken Blanchard

TC player bug fixes
Reunion player bug fixes

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”