[SHIP] Terran M6 Normandy v1.3 & New Game Start

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

sentinelk92
x4

Post by sentinelk92 » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 04:53

One of the best ships I've ever flown in X3 - totally awesome!!

xabk
x4

Post by xabk » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 04:54

Tenk, this may be important: I was looking through the TShips file in your mod and accidentally noticed that Katana (Terr M6) has SS_COCKPIT_TER_UPDO_M6_TENK (id 152) as a bottom turret. Is it some kind of bug in my X3 Editor or you really changed Katana? To make it clear, I've only removed Apricot PBE (since I don't have it:), the rest of TShips file is untouched. Anybody, just check your (in this mod) TShips entry for Katana, please.

EDIT: found Apricot PBE/PPC in TC stock cat file.. What's this? Never seen it in game.. :?

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 14:43

okay the katana turret, i don't think is a problem, because it's like that in my tships file and i merged the Normandy into it manually. it is wierd though so i might be wrong - i ended up fitting Normandy in by trial and error, so i may have lost track of a step somewhere.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 15:24

xabk wrote:Tenk, this may be important: I was looking through the TShips file in your mod and accidentally noticed that Katana (Terr M6) has SS_COCKPIT_TER_UPDO_M6_TENK (id 152) as a bottom turret. Is it some kind of bug in my X3 Editor or you really changed Katana? To make it clear, I've only removed Apricot PBE (since I don't have it:), the rest of TShips file is untouched. Anybody, just check your (in this mod) TShips entry for Katana, please.

EDIT: found Apricot PBE/PPC in TC stock cat file.. What's this? Never seen it in game.. :?
I just checked mine and i don't have that. I don't even have "SS_COCKPIT_TER_UPDO_M6_TENK". Mine uses the Katana's turrets (SS_COCKPIT_TER_UPDO_M6), for both turrets on the Norm
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

xabk
x4

Post by xabk » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 16:00

amurph0 wrote:
xabk wrote:Tenk, this may be important: I was looking through the TShips file in your mod and accidentally noticed that Katana (Terr M6) has SS_COCKPIT_TER_UPDO_M6_TENK (id 152) as a bottom turret. Is it some kind of bug in my X3 Editor or you really changed Katana? To make it clear, I've only removed Apricot PBE (since I don't have it:), the rest of TShips file is untouched. Anybody, just check your (in this mod) TShips entry for Katana, please.

I just checked mine and i don't have that. I don't even have "SS_COCKPIT_TER_UPDO_M6_TENK". Mine uses the Katana's turrets (SS_COCKPIT_TER_UPDO_M6), for both turrets on the Norm
Well, we both have the same cat files, so I assume it's X3 Editor's fault.. weird fault indeed.. so, that basically means that Katana is capable of mounting Flaks too, by Egosoft design.. :)

Tenk
x4

Post by Tenk » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 16:01

The up/down turrets should use a new cockpit I included in the Tcockpits, it does seem to be causing some problems though. I'll take a look at it.

I'm gonna fix what I can now and hopefully get a new version out later today.

Tenk
x4

Post by Tenk » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 18:30

amurph0: I was unable to recreate the ReadText error your getting, my only guess is its something else interfering with it.

The turrets on the Katana and Vidar had changed to my versions. When I made a new turret it got slotted in at 152 in the TCockpits file, probably my fault. The Vidar and Katana used 152 so they had my new turret installed. I've changed there turrets to 153, the original Terran M6 turret they should have.

Turret firing has been fixed, was a problem with turret rotation in the scene file, they look funny now but work. I might look at making proper up/down turret models because X just seems to use normal ones and you have to rotate them to get the arcs right.

I was unable to change the engine glow without adding particle effects, which I don't know how to do. It currently uses a post processing filter on the texture to make it glow, if you have you shaders set to medium or below, the engines won't glow :(
I also couldn't change the colour of the glow, that's taken from the .DDS and I don't want to have to add my own textures at the moment.

X:R I don't have installed so I'm unable to make the conversion unless its something simple, since I won't be able to test it.

Any other problems that are found let me know :)

semiliterate

Post by semiliterate » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 19:09

any chance there's an easy way to add an extra slot to the turrets? i have doubleshadow's editor and can find it and everything, i just don't know where to look to find numbers for the Add Gun button, or even if that's the right one.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 05:01

Tenk wrote: amurph0I was unable to change the engine glow without adding particle effects, which I don't know how to do. It currently uses a post processing filter on the texture to make it glow, if you have you shaders set to medium or below, the engines won't glow :(
I also couldn't change the colour of the glow, that's taken from the .DDS and I don't want to have to add my own textures at the moment.
Use the engine FX from a Nova.

Or download the engine trails mod, and give it a blue engine trail.

Either of those should cover up the glowing textures of the engine itself and make it appear blue.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

dubnium
x3tc

Post by dubnium » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 06:59

love it, the ship is well-balanced. it doesn't feel like cheating, unlike springblossom.

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 15:23

I managed to fix the bottom turret bug in v1.1. Go into Tships and change the bottom turret Idx to 4 instead of 2. that means the bottom turret will use the bottom turret instead of trying to fire from the top turret :lol:

hope that helps ya for v1.2!
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

Tenk
x4

Post by Tenk » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 15:34

aquemnun wrote:I managed to fix the bottom turret bug in v1.1. Go into Tships and change the bottom turret Idx to 4 instead of 2. that means the bottom turret will use the bottom turret instead of trying to fire from the top turret :lol:
The bottom turret Pidx in 1.1 is set to 4, its one of the things I updated. It was set to 2 in version 1.0 though.

Bertone
x3

Post by Bertone » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 16:00

Wow! I noticed the problem, incredible!

:lol:

aquemnun

Post by aquemnun » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 16:07

ah my bad, i have a modded tships and forgot to add the version 1.1 normandy to it. lots of changes to my tships... :twisted:
There once was a buggy AI
who decided her subject must die
when the plot was uncovered,
the subject discovered
that sadly the cake was a lie.

mikthescot
x3tc

erm now wot?

Post by mikthescot » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 17:01

iv downloaded it but now wot how do i use it or install it
plz help?

Tenk
x4

Post by Tenk » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 17:09

Installation instructions are included in the readme :)

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 17:16

ok thx :oops:

ladyboy

Post by ladyboy » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 17:51

This ships works perfectly when i install it in the mods folder but it doesn't work if i install it as a fake patch. I'm sure im installing it properly. The highest .cat and .dat files in my root directory are 10 so i rename the normandy cat and dat to 11 - is that correct? what am i doing wrong.

mikthescot
x3tc

Post by mikthescot » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 17:56

as you can tell im a complete neube at this iv extracted the files and i put them in new file called mod and script then i click on X3 TC and i cant load mod content? its gray on load up screen

Tenk
x4

Post by Tenk » Sun, 15. Feb 09, 18:20

ladyboy wrote:This ships works perfectly when i install it in the mods folder but it doesn't work if i install it as a fake patch. I'm sure im installing it properly. The highest .cat and .dat files in my root directory are 10 so i rename the normandy cat and dat to 11 - is that correct? what am i doing wrong.
Are you using Cycrow's Plugin Manager aswell?
mikthescot wrote:as you can tell im a complete neube at this iv extracted the files and i put them in new file called mod and script then i click on X3 TC and i cant load mod content? its gray on load up screen
The 'Scripts' directory should already exist, you just need to unzip 'setup.tenk.normandysetup.xml' in to that.

Make sure the mods directory is named correctly, 'mods' and just put the .cat and .dat file in there, if it still doesn't work I'm not sure what could be wrong.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”