Based on Klyith work for X3R
This package use Cycrow plug-in manager for the installation or deinstallation.
To Install using the Zip file, just unzip the archive in your X3 directory.
To Uninstall the script, you have to:
- To deactivate the AL plug-in (Gameplay/AL menu)
- Save your game
- Remove the following files
in T directory:
This script has been developed to allow quick and powerful renaming functions
to use with your ships and stations. The method of entry means that you can give
names unique to each ship in large batches. Whether you are renaming a small
group or all of your ships in the universe is up to you.
Central to the idea of RSwE are the Expressions. These are like "text short cuts"
which are interpreted by the script to produce context-defined results. When
combined with standard text this allows you to specify names that are both
unique to your ships and customized to your preference. Thus, if you have a group
of three Buster Raiders to rename, entering *CL-*TA Orion *NN will rename them
to M4-BR Orion 1, 2, and 3.
There are 7 RSwE commands available in Rename Ships menu:
- Rename current ship
Rename ship from which the command was launch on
- Rename a ship (select from sector)
Rename a single ship selected from the universe map. A docked ship cannot be
renamed this way.
- Rename all ships in sector
Rename all ship of a given class (or superclass) in a selected sector. You
don't have to be in this sector. Docked ships cannot be renamed this way.
- Rename all ships in Universe
Rename all ship of a given class (or superclass) in X3 universe. Docked ships
WILL be renamed too.
- Rename docked ships
Rename ships docked inside a carrier/station. The carrier/station is not renamed.
- Rename all ships with RSwE defaults
Rename all ships in X3 universe with internal defaults values.
- Set clipboard
Will set one of the clipboard (9 available). You will be able to use them later
with *Yn expressions.
Short help sent into your incoming messages.
You have to close your command console to trigger the sending though.
sector option will not rename docked ships. This can be useful as a way to
exclude ships that you don't want to rename.
List of RSwE Expressions
- *ON : Old name used before you asked for the renaming.
- *ID : ID Code
- *HB : Home Base
- *SC : Current sector
- *SA : Abbreviation of sector name, like HoL, PP, PR
- *SR : Abbreviation with Race owner of sector, like A.HoL, P.PP, P.PR
- *SN : Incrementing sector counter for numbering ship inside
- *CL : Class Name - M1, M3, TS, etc
- *TN : Type Name - Raptor, Nova Raider, Demeter Hauler, etc
- *TS : Type Short - Ship main type + Abbreviation like Nova NR, Dolphin DSF
- *TA : Type Abbreviation - Ra, NR, DH, etc
- *TH : Trader Level
- *PS : Pilot Fight Skill
- *PM : Pilot Morale and Aggression level
- *FR : Name of highest leader (in case of consecutive follows), or "Leader" if the
current ship is the highest Leader
- *FL : Name of direct Leader
- *FP : Formation ID, like α1, β1... ,ωn, αn+1 . Also flag the highest leader.
- *FO : Depth in formation lines (from alpha for all leaders to omega for followers)
- *FN : Incrementing number with leader zero, plus prefix W if wingman, or L if leader
- *FI : Ship ID number inside its formation
- *NN : Incrementing unique number
- *ZN : Incrementing number with leading zero
- *NV : Short name for satellites
- *TP : Product sold by your factory
- *TC : Number of units of your factory
- *DN : Store a naming scheme on ships. This scheme will be used by the AL plug-in
to rename your ship regularly. It must be used at the beginning of the string, without spaces
after the *DN (unless you wanted some, that's it )
- *Y1 - *Y9 : Your text clipboards (use a single space to empty clipboard in
the Set clipboard menu)
- *KW White
- *KR Red
- *KY Yellow
- *KG Green
- *KB Blue
- *KX Normal
- *KC Cyan
- *KM Magenta
- *KK Random
differently between incoming messages/log book, and the rest of X3TC UI. You can
still use the color tags provided, but messages will be empty.
Customizing the internal default values:
Default name values for ships:
Those values are set as t id in the text id file 7955, as follow:
1086: All fighters
You can change those default settings as you wish, in order to have
a proper list of name, in case something went wrong during your tests.
Note on dynamic renaming:
The dynamic renaming can be activated and deactivated using the AL menu (in Gameplay
menu, last option). This function is provided to help you with some expressions that can
change during your play time, like sector names, skill levels...
Also note that dynamic names are preponderant on any name you can enter manually.
Dynamic names must be cleared if you want to enter another static name, using *DN as name.
Klyith wrote the original script
Gazz converted it to X3TC and added some commands
A big thank to both of them.
RSwE :: V 1.7
- Added an expression to number ships in each sector (*SN)
- Added a command to rename docked ship
Note for moders
This script use the Text file/Page ID 7955.
It also uses COMMAND_TYPE_GENERAL_21