[Script] Property Baron v1.0 23/12/08 by Nividium

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nividium

[Script] Property Baron v1.0 23/12/08 by Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 08:27

Name of Script Package: Property Baron
Version Number: 1.00
Date Released: 12/23/2008
Last Updated: n/a
Script Created For: X3 Terran Conflict v 1.4+
File Package Available: X3 Plugin Manager "SPK"

Download Property Baron

Description:

This script adds a ship general command called [Property Baron]. Property Baron allows a Player to buy any NPC station or factory (except shipyards) located in space. Within the X3 Universe there is always an NPC station or factory ready to be sold to you. This script has numerous indications. It is great if you are playing a pirate and shipyards will not sell you stations. Or, maybe you have your eye on a certain factory that is perfectly placed and you want it. Then again, maybe you want to become a property baron and own all stations within a certain sector. Well, now you can.

Features:

- Easy to use, just click the [Property Baron] button, select a known sector and then a station and bingo you just bought yourself a station.
- Station/factory prices all sell for a set rate of "average" price, same as the shipyards.
- Notoriety does not play a role in the selling price.
- Command can be issued by any of your ships and they will acknowledge command by saying, "command accepted".
- If command is issued by [Playership], acknowledgement will say "autopilot activated".
- If you do not have enough credits to buy the station, you will hear a beep sound.
- If you cancel the purchase before completion, you will hear a beep sound.
- Don't buy stations that are Corporate Headquarters or you will be unable to take their Mission offerings.
- Don't buy stations that sell Jumpdrives or Transporter Devices or you will be out of luck keeping them full of stock.
- Don't buy known "PLOT" stations or factories. But how do I know if it is a plot related station? Good question, wish I could help you. Pays your money, takes your chances. How about, use this script when you have finished playing the desired number of plots.

Installation: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Uninstall: Use the X3 Plugin Manager.

Version History: Version 1.00 Initial Release.

Command Slots Used: <t id="858">COMMAND_TYPE_GENERAL_58</t>

Text File Used: 7240-L044.xml
Last edited by Nividium on Thu, 25. Dec 08, 06:07, edited 3 times in total.

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 09:22

Great idea, however, if you buy a station will it have all the supplies in it that were there before or will it be empty?

If the former i believe it should be sold for average price plus supply cost + or - a given amount based upon various conditions like the owner being broke and/or greed (Teladi).

If the latter i believe it should still sell for a random amount + or - a given amount based upon various conditions like the owner being broke and/or greed (Teladi).

Although you say notoriety doesn't play a role , i can't logically see a boron owner selling a station to a paranid for example without selling at a huge profit.

Although i couldn't script myself out of a wet paper bag this to me would feel to much like a cheat in it's current form with only the need to find the most profitable stations without having to use a TL to build one.

Just a few suggestions don't take them to heart if your happy with it though.
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 13:15

Souns interesting... Gotta try with the Earth Torus just for the fun of it. I think that can be great for sandbox purposes.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 16:55

How about the option to sell your station to the race that owns the sector?? and in the case of unknown/kha'ak/xenon sectors it would go to the owner of the closest friendly sector.

I also agree with Dgn Master, i think notoriety should have a roll in it.

Also the stations should be bought (and sold) at above average price, how much a station is worth should be dictated by the amount of money it makes.

With the ability to sell your stations along with prices based on it's profit, you could make a business out of buying/selling stations.

Also if it's possible to build stations OOS you could have a bunch of TL's actually doing something.

A mercenary/pirate script could make NPC stations compete and try to destroy each other, keeping numbers down.

What do ye people think???
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 10:59

i think the idea of hiring someone to kill a competitions station is great! We've seen the 'defend station' mission, this would just be the flip side. As long as the stations stay dead and not have GoD respawn them.
I would love to kill off a few SPP's and such so i could corner the market on vital resourses. And of course, i would also love to see this used against me as well. That's why we buy shiny capital ships. Captains love to blow stuff up.

Fragile Ego

Post by Fragile Ego » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 01:01

Holy cow, did I just buy a SPP that requires NO resources? (crystals are still listed as 'secondary').

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 01:13

Fragile Ego wrote:Holy cow, did I just buy a SPP that requires NO resources? (crystals are still listed as 'secondary').
Yes, the station you buy will remain the same as when the NPC owned it. So, any station that uses Secondary resources will remain that way after you buy the station. Nice side benefit don't you think. :D

Fragile Ego

Post by Fragile Ego » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 01:28

Maybe you should rename the script 'Unintended Consequences' :D

One question... will GOD rebuild the factories you buy just like if they had been destroyed? I don't necessarily want to go around breaking the games economy by taking all the NPC SPPs.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 02:34

Fragile Ego wrote:Maybe you should rename the script 'Unintended Consequences' :D

One question... will GOD rebuild the factories you buy just like if they had been destroyed? I don't necessarily want to go around breaking the games economy by taking all the NPC SPPs.
The script hasn't been used long enough to determine the long term impacts of it's useage. I know the game has a "planned" expansion of future stations to be built over time. Once they have been generated, well, who knows if GOD would create more. Whether you own the SPP or NPC own them, wouldn't the economy still get Ecells from either source, unless of course you set up a closed loop complex out of all of the SPP you bought. Guess the NPC ships will have to buy from your SPP vs NPC ones. Corner the market on Ecells. That together with no crystal SPP makes for an exciting project.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 06:09

Anybody have any experience buying up tons of stations and seeing what happens long term?

I'm thinking of doing just that....

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Wed, 4. Feb 09, 08:33

snapping up every SPP you come across could lead to some serious cash.

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Thu, 12. Feb 09, 23:50

And i have done this...every single spp in the x-verse is mine. I had to do many build missions to paid for it all but now i own all the power. I'm raking in...on average...about 100,000 every 5 min's. This might pick up after a while. I'm gonna try a big SETA run, just to see what while happen. Will GoD make more, will the money increase, etc. I'll let ya know.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 02:15

LOL, keep us posted. This truly is comical.

what effect would it have if you stopped selling to other races.... A, the thought of supreme power.

adecoy
x3tc

Post by adecoy » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 09:16

russbo wrote:LOL, keep us posted. This truly is comical.

what effect would it have if you stopped selling to other races.... A, the thought of supreme power.
i would imagine that you as a player would run out of places to buy weapons and shields, while all the npc ships come magically equipped with i suppose weapons and parts from planetside sources?

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 14:59

well the x-verse has settled own...i ran on SETA for an hour then looked around. No other spp's were made, but i did find some i missed. Terran space and Aldrin have a couple stashed away.
And a slight update on the money....looks like i am making between 100,000-300,000 credits a min. Yes, i checked and rechecked too. I would hate to think of the 100's of millions it cost me to buy every spp but i'm sure with a bit more game time i can make that back and start running in profit.
I do have other stations around but they are primarily weapon complex for my fairly defunct fleet and support complexs for the HUB mission, which is still not done yet.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 18:18

I love it. Introducing total chaos into this wonderful game. And what makes it truly spectacular is that you can do things like this, and it keeps chugging along.

Let us know how it turns out. I've thought about doing something similar with my billions, but, well, one day...

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 18:43

Yes, you have got to hand it to -Villain-, there's someone who really knows how to be a "Property Baron" :D

adecoy
x3tc

Post by adecoy » Fri, 13. Feb 09, 22:37

Nividium wrote:Yes, you have got to hand it to -Villain-, there's someone who really knows how to be a "Property Baron" :D
not everyone might want to sell their property, is it possible to script it so that you might be refused? or maby even a way to "give them an offer they cant refuse?"

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Sat, 14. Feb 09, 01:56

adecoy wrote:
Nividium wrote:Yes, you have got to hand it to -Villain-, there's someone who really knows how to be a "Property Baron" :D
not everyone might want to sell their property, is it possible to script it so that you might be refused? or maby even a way to "give them an offer they cant refuse?"
Ahh, i see my thoughts are still leaking. I was thinking about this last night and came here to post as such. Even if they haggled (Do i have to start on the Monty Python lines now?) it could be cool. Hey, maybe a combination of things.

Me: "I'll buy your Station for 3 mill, how about it?"

Them: "If you want my station so bad, my hard earned, family business, inheritance of my spawnlings station.....40 million should cover it."

A few commands later and now there is me flanked by a couple of Osaka's.

Me: "Like i was saying, 5 million should cover your moving costs."

Them: "Eep...."

-Villain-
x2

Post by -Villain- » Wed, 4. Mar 09, 22:10

Here's an update on what effects this kind of behavouir has on the X-verse. Just recently i did a sector search, looking for any SPP's GoG may have snuck back in. There were a couple ... so i did the same thing.

Then i happened to look closely at the rest of the stations. About 80% of the stations through-out the universe are depleted of e-cells. My SPP's are making money hand over fist, TS's come and go like cashed up miners around a brothel and my UT's (About 10 i think.) are going hard but still they all can't seem to meet demand.

This does not really effect me as i have self sustaining complexs that build weapons and shields for my fleet but if you are planning something along these lines and depend on normal trade to support you then maybe a rethink is in order.

Maybe more UT's, or even loads of ST's set to 1 or 2 jump trade route's. Or maybe just don't buy every flashy spp you come across.....nah!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”