[S] Autoscan for Smugglers v1.0 21/1/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ttl
x3tc

[S] Autoscan for Smugglers v1.0 21/1/2009

Post by ttl » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 20:10

http://www.geocities.com/ttlaurila/auto ... etospk.pdf
(rename the file to "something.spk")

New link:
http://x3terranconflict.filefront.com/

This makes a command that toggles the ship to automatically scan cargobays of all passing ships. When you have the police license to do it legally. This way you can find out smugglers, and hidden pirates, as you go about your business, without manually going through scanning of loads of ships. The command works on any player controlled ship, and needs the freightscanner, obviously.

The command toggles autoscanning on and off. To help player know which mode a ship is in, the suffix (Sc) is added to the name of the ship when it begins scanning. It is removed when scanning stops. You can rename after giving the command to remove the suffix, it is there just for helping the player know which way the toggle happened. The ship may dock, and do anything, it will still remain scanning until the toggle is turned off. (there's a safety check to not do unnecessary script loops when the scanning ship is docked)

Any ship with illegal goods aboard will be tagged with "(Smug.)" in it's name. If the ship is hidden pirate, and scanning ship has bioscanner, the pirate is exposed to all. When illegal goods are detected by the playership, the sound cue "we are being scanned", is played.

You can gain good money, especially in the early game, by finding out and commandeering large illegal cargoes, and their ships. Other suggested use is on your UT/EST fleet, to tag smugglers for you all around the x-verse. (Having bioscanner as well will cause those smugglers that are hidden pirates to likely attack you traders, so not adviced)
Last edited by ttl on Fri, 6. Nov 09, 20:37, edited 2 times in total.

Gridd
x4

Great Thanks

Post by Gridd » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 02:11

Thank You this is a Great Idea. Downloading now.
:-)

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 13:56

One other person thinks this is a good idea. Yay!

Gagoff
x3tc

Post by Gagoff » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 23:32

I really like the idea too. I'll download and test when I have the time to do so :)

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sat, 24. Jan 09, 23:35

Another excellent idea ttl! Great early game feature. You're on a roll. What's next?

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Mon, 26. Jan 09, 13:05

Oooh, me likes this idea, downloading NOW!!! :twisted:

m.lawes
x4

Post by m.lawes » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 20:24

Nice idea, but where is the download. All I can find is a .pdf that does open due to an 'encoding error' :cry:

Demon Dave
x3tc

Post by Demon Dave » Thu, 29. Jan 09, 00:36

m.lawes wrote:Nice idea, but where is the download. All I can find is a .pdf that does open due to an 'encoding error' :cry:
right click the link and select "save as". Then rename the file and replace the .pdf extension with .spk and click "Yes" when Windows asks if you want to do that. Then use Cycrows Plugin Manager to install the script

m.lawes
x4

Post by m.lawes » Fri, 30. Jan 09, 19:01

Thanks. I must learn to read the instructions more carefully in future. It works great. :oops:

zinsej
x3

Post by zinsej » Sun, 1. Feb 09, 22:28

What happens in Pirate and Unknown sectors (where you can't buy a license but it isn't illegal)? Do you still autoscan?

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 00:10

Good point, I think no. Will put on to-correct list. No promises on when I'll get back to this, though.

Meltdown

Post by Meltdown » Mon, 1. Jun 09, 06:54

I suggest keeping it autoscanning in pirate sectors. Since it isn't illegal it shouldn't get you into trouble, and it's always good to know who's carrying what around, if you get my drift. :twisted:

Also a question: some legit traders would occasionally get mad that they got scanned in X3R, and turn hostile. I presume this either no longer happens in TC, or your script finds a way around it?

Edit: whoopsie, just noticed that I resurrected an old thread. Sorry about that.
Eat, drink and be merry, for tomorrow you may die.

wolfmanpuck
x3tc

Post by wolfmanpuck » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 17:52

my elite is autoscanning but it hasn't found any smugglers. its been scanning for quite a while and it has a triplex scanner.

flaicher
x3ap

Post by flaicher » Sun, 7. Jun 09, 20:02

Triplex scanner doesn't increase the range at all since it's the freight scanner you scan the freight and it's range is something like 4.5km.

Chemical-mix
x3tc

Post by Chemical-mix » Tue, 16. Jun 09, 17:20

This is fantastic, can't wait to get this home and try it out.

Finally i can perhaps get some use out of the "Scan for IllegalWares" missions whixh have so far turned up a blank for me!

Well done mate
"I came, I saw, I crumbled"

wolfmanpuck
x3tc

Post by wolfmanpuck » Tue, 3. Nov 09, 22:48

download link is no good. is there an alternate site?

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 3. Nov 09, 23:15

If someone still has the file I can host it here if required :)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

serialblack
x4

Link not working?

Post by serialblack » Sat, 7. Nov 09, 22:10

I would like to download this one, looks like it could be VERY usefull for those smuggling missions, but I cant find a workable link :cry: Anyone know where I can get it?
Life is too short to go slow.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sun, 8. Nov 09, 14:00

This Script is now hosted.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

serialblack
x4

Post by serialblack » Sun, 8. Nov 09, 23:01

Got it! will try it now, thanx for the new link :D