[MOD] X3TC Paranid Thanatos M6 - V1.4 Final

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Axeface
x4

[MOD] X3TC Paranid Thanatos M6 - V1.4 Final

Post by Axeface » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 09:07

Updated to 1.4 (Final) with better combat performance.
Updated to 1.3 with working guns ;p lol
Updated to 1.2 with working engine flares

When updating to newer versions, ships you already own will probably not recieve the changes. You'll have to buy/spawn another i'm afraid.

Pathetic Unholy Being,

I, Unmankellnot, Paranid of great esteem, Advisor to the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia, faultless ruler of the all knowing Paranid Empire have been given the authority to demand that you, despite certain genetic inconsistencies and visual impairment are to recieve the most recent in Paranid ship design excellence. The ship, our most glorious empires latest Corvette class vessel is currently stocked at all Paranid shipyards, you will now buy the Thanatos.

Then you are to test the craft to the best of your inability and all statistics and other information that you can not understand will automatically be transferred to the Paranid Empire, to be perused over by beings capable of grasping three-dimensionality.

I understand that you will be deeply honoured, and shocked that you have been chosen for this most illustrious task. But be fully aware that you have only been chosen, despite the fact that you are an evolutionary dead-end, through divination by the great Pontifex Maximus Paranidia for reasons that you will not be able to comprehend.

We, the great Paranid empire have desciphered that you, in your disabled state may not be able to find Paranid territory, or the shipyards there-in. If this is the case, then we will waste no more of our precious time on you, and you may continue with your pitiful existence.

Unmankellnot, Paranid of great esteem, Advisor to the Pontifex Maximus Paranidia.

Ello all,

Well, after some serious pulling out of hair, and sweat, blood and other such fun my ship is finally ready enough for me to release!

A huge thankyou to Enenra for writing the Tships, effects and scene files! (And the tutorials), observe and killerog at http://www.x3dmod.com/
Apricotslice and Nividium for their help with scripting, and Cycrow for his tutorials. Would have taken me a lot longer without their help.

[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

Now with working engines! (1.2)

[ external image ][ external image ]

Ship stats:-

Speed - 230m/s
Sheilds - 3x 200mj
Reactor - 2200
Acceleration - 7 m/s
Angular Accel. - 35
Hull - 50000
Laser Energy - 15500
Laser Recharge - 375

Instructions and what not in the included readme, but I'm sure most of you know the drill.
Package contents. Ship body file, ship scene file, Bodies file, Engine effects file, T file, Tships, 2x scripts and a readme.

I hope you enjoy it lowerlives! To find out how to obtain the ship read your message log :)
(Sorry if your Character is Paranid :roll: Havent figured out how to make a script that checks player race).

DOWNLOAD 1.4 (Final)
http://www.filefactory.com/file/a038cdg ... osV1_4_rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/m0wmz3ncz ... osV1.4.rar

T file used, 8456. Page ID 8456, and descriptions (if that matters) 8456, 8457.

ALTERNATIVELY Go to http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 91#2746191 and download my other ship, this ship is included in that package

Disclaimer: Axeface will not be held responsible if this mod breaks your game. This is his first mod and there may well be errors 8)
Last edited by Axeface on Tue, 27. Jan 09, 20:58, edited 14 times in total.

WindsOfBoreas

Post by WindsOfBoreas » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 09:19

Nice ship. I assume that the name is after one of the Daemons of Greek mythology (in order to keep up with Paranid naming). I believe, however, that it is Thanatus, with a "u".

It looks very good. Unfortunately, until the Ships section of the Plugin Manager is operational, not many are going to download (as most people probably have a modded TShips file already)
"Humanity has the stars in its future, and that future is too important to be lost under the burden of juvenile folly and ignorant superstition." - Isaac Asimov

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 10:33

Cheers for the reply. Yeh it's named after the greek myth. I think thanatos is used more in the modern day, and it sounds better so that's what I called it. Yes shame about the ship creator but i'm sure cycrow will get around to it when he finds the time.

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 10:59

WOW!!!!!!!

That is a really beautiful ship!! i for one will be downloading it, do you have anymore int the pipeline? awsome piece of work, :thumb_up: :thumb_up:
Last edited by spacefueladdict on Mon, 19. Jan 09, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.

Nividium

Post by Nividium » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 11:22

Looking at your user id pic at the left, I can see that you really did pull all your hair out. Also, your eyes are all squinty and bloodshot from staring at the Script Editor too. Time for a rest, you look a little green to me. :lol:
Congratulations on finishing your ship and getting all the nasty scripts done for it too. The ship looks awesome, you have talent, that's for sure.

Deman
x3tc

Post by Deman » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 11:57

Very nice looking ship! Shall add it tonight :)
Riot Games eSports Broadcaster - http://www.twitter.com/RiotDeman

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 13:48

No need to praise me that much, you've done most of the work. :oops:

Glad to see it's working now. I'm still amazed by how paranid-ish it looks. :) :thumb_up:

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 14:23

Very nice looking, and best of all, it looks x-universish. A rare feat indeed. :thumb_up:

However, you do fall into the old trap of making it uber-powerful. A M6 with above average shields, weapons and cargo bay, combined with speed higher than most M4s. Game breaker (for me) :thumb_down: :cry:

Would be great if this gorgeous model could fill a useful niche as a balanced ship in the game, without being all things to everything, and more.

Random ideas:

M6 that is otherwise sub-par, but has good cargo and can mount flail missiles (or hammers, say?).

A not-very-combatworthy M7 that could dock a couple TSs as well as fighters

A fast M6 (about same as dragon) that has average shields, good cargo, but not many weapon slots or laser energy. However, most weapons are lighter anti-fighter ones in turrets, not big main guns.

WildAce
x4

Post by WildAce » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 19:24

ttl wrote:Very nice looking, and best of all, it looks x-universish. A rare feat indeed. :thumb_up:

However, you do fall into the old trap of making it uber-powerful. A M6 with above average shields, weapons and cargo bay, combined with speed higher than most M4s. Game breaker (for me) :thumb_down: :cry:

Would be great if this gorgeous model could fill a useful niche as a balanced ship in the game, without being all things to everything, and more.

Random ideas:

M6 that is otherwise sub-par, but has good cargo and can mount flail missiles (or hammers, say?).

A not-very-combatworthy M7 that could dock a couple TSs as well as fighters

A fast M6 (about same as dragon) that has average shields, good cargo, but not many weapon slots or laser energy. However, most weapons are lighter anti-fighter ones in turrets, not big main guns.
if class it with a hyperion it looks about right, alot more speed for 2/5th's less shielding, less energy ect.. it doesnt seem so uber then. but still compared to other normal m6's its a bit fast. 220 i think should be its top speed. and if your not happy with it at 220 you oculd always go to the Marauder shipyard and get it overtuned ;)

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 19:27

Thanks a lot all! Glad you like it!
Looking at your user id pic at the left, I can see that you really did pull all your hair out. Also, your eyes are all squinty and bloodshot from staring at the Script Editor too. Time for a rest, you look a little green to me. Laughing
Congratulations on finishing your ship and getting all the nasty scripts done for it too. The ship looks awesome, you have talent, that's for sure.
Lol yes, time for a rest and some much needed beauty sleep ;p

However, you do fall into the old trap of making it uber-powerful. A M6 with above average shields, weapons and cargo bay, combined with speed higher than most M4s. Game breaker (for me) Thumb down Crying or Very sad
Sorry to here that ttl, i'm not sure I agree though. Basically i've tried to adjust it to be a fast m6 with some weaknesses. THe weaknesses being standard m6 shielding and a very low reactor, the shields should take a lot longer to recharge than most m6's. While making the stats I kept looking at the Hyperion, this ship has almost half the shields much lower reactor, lower hull, and lower weapon energy, all contributing to the fast speed (Still no way near as fast as the springblossom though :P )
I'm thinking about dropping the shields to 2x 300mj, but for a ship of this size I think that might make it very obsolete.
I like your ideas, but from the outset I wanted this ship to be FAST, designed the look that way and everything hehe. (Basically it's designed to be a fast player ship you can do exploring in etc, as well as fair combat performance).

Let me know what stats you think I should put :) Remember that its designed to be a kind of hit and run ship, fast with ok weapons and low shielding for an advanced (and very expensive) ship (It costs the same as an m7).

No need to praise me that much, you've done most of the work. Embarassed

Glad to see it's working now. I'm still amazed by how paranid-ish it looks. Smile Thumb up
Hehe well I woudnt have even got past the scene and tships without your help so I think the praise is warranted.
Here's a sneak peak at the engine effects by enenra. Trying to get them sorted out today :)

[ external image ]

Cheers!

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 20:04

Looks very nice... :)

Has that ship any turrets?

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 21:13

Yeh 1 rear/up turret
WOW!!!!!!!

That is a really beautiful ship!! i for one will be downloading it, do you have anymore int the pipeline? awsome piece of work, Thumb up Thumb up
Sorry forgot to put a reply to this. Yeh prolly got another one coming soon (Ish) :twisted:

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 21:49

Yup. Balancing is tough. Even without everyone having their own opinion of what's right. :roll: :wink: Luckily for the guy who does the work, he calls the shots.

One more thumb up on the model :thumb_up:

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Mon, 19. Jan 09, 22:22

hehe cool. Go on, tell me what you think :)

How about keeping it all the same but lowering the speed to 230? (Only 60 more than the hyperion).

Thanks for the thumbs!

EDIT: I did some combat testing, the low shield recharge seems to be a real drawback. If you download the ship let me know (I like the drawback as it means my ship maybe be balanced). Laser energy is pretty low for firing CIG's (Well appc's in my game).

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 04:56

Updated to 1.2 with working engine effects. Had to bodge it a bit but it works!
Last edited by Axeface on Tue, 20. Jan 09, 18:59, edited 1 time in total.

Arraamis
x3tc

Post by Arraamis » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 06:02

Axeface -- You have gone a very good job with this project and following naval tradition ...... I salute you.

Thanks

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 11:18

Looks as pregnant as my girlfriend.

I like it!

Any way of using Cycrow's installer to put this one in, or do we have to do the fake patch route?

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 11:46

Axeface wrote:Yeh 1 rear/up turret

Sorry forgot to put a reply to this. Yeh prolly got another one coming soon (Ish) :twisted:

Glad to hear it mate, having trouble downloading it, mediafire isn't bringing up the download link for it, could you pop it onto FileFactory for me please? :roll:

tracedra

Post by tracedra » Tue, 20. Jan 09, 11:51

nice one, speed was always equal to fun for me.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”