[Script][21.01.09] Taxi Logistics v1.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[Script][21.01.09] Taxi Logistics v1.1

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 19:48

Story
Have you ever wondered what travellers did when you did not accept passenger transport missions? How the medical equipment got delivered to the Choona Bakery when you turned down the help request? How postal services work in the Universe?

You might not know all this, but behind the curtains of the supply/demand distibution network of standardized cargo units, the station administrations are legally required to provide a second way of distributing individualized wares, like small parcels, dangerous freight and even people. Until just recently, this job was done by government agencies, who sent well-paid officers in standardized ships. However, sooner or later, the races - Teladi first - decided that this complicated governmental apparatus did not at all work as good as needed, however was more expensive than necessary - and privatized the whole business. Today, the sector administration issues licenses to Logistics companies, who then employ pilots to move from station to station and and pick up and drop off freight at each station. So far, this did not turn out to be a good choice: The private companies were less reliable, even more expensive, and kept "losing" their freight.

But here's the good news: By new legislation, even YOU can go into the Logistics business! All you need is the "Taxi Logistics Software", which provides the owners of the transported freight a way to track their belongings, and a Transportation License for every sector you want to cover. Nothing more - and there you go, right into the logistics business.

Script information
The "Taxi Logistics" is a script for X3TC. It adds a new software to several Argon and Teladi Equipment Docks (check out Argon Prime) which adds two commands to your M3-M5, TS or TPs command console:
  • Run Taxi Logistics (trade command)
    Start Taxi command. As all adjustments need to be made in the settings, this command just starts the ship. On first start, you should, however, start with the second command:
  • Taxi Logistics: Settings (additional ship command)
    This command opens the info menu, where you have the following options:
    • Ship Transportation Settings
      Change the settings of this ship. Depending on his experience, the Taxi can have a limited number of stations on his route. The more experience the pilot has, the more waypoints he can address - leading to a rising number of transportation runs possible on his route. In the Transportation Settings, you can change this route, plus adjust security settings.
    • Freight/Passenger Information
      Show information on the ship's current freight and passengers
    • Transportation Requests
      Select a station from the map and see who and what is waiting for transportation!
    • Global Transportation License Management
      The most expensive thing in running a Logistics company is the license fees to the local government. Try to keep as few sector licenses as possible, while also offering your ships enough sectors to do their job in. Beware: Licenses can cost thousands of credits per hour, so cost can run you into bankrupcy. Watch out for special offers.

Download
[ external image ]

Download Mirror

Install instructions
  • Download .zip file
  • Unzip file. Note file "license.txt".
  • Move files from subdirectory /scripts to game directory /scripts
  • Move files from subdirectory /t to game directory /t
  • Start game. Activate Scripteditor as described here
  • Check for Taxi Logistics Software in Argon Prime ED.
Uninstall instructions
  • Recommended uninstall: remove file setup.plugin.taxi.xml from /script directors
  • Complete uninstall (not recommended): remove files
    /scripts/setup.plugin.taxi.xml
    /scripts/plugin.taxi.*.xml
    /scripts/lib.st.get.distance.xml
    /t/8771*.xml

Technical
Script:
12 files
750 lines
Text:
1 file
100 lines
Time
20h development time
5h test time
4 weeks since first line of code
Resources:
Ware: 5793(SS_WARE_SW_NEW5): Taxi Logistics Software
Command: 430(COMMAND_TYPE_TRADE_30): Run Taxi Logistics
Command: 1232(COMMAND_TYPE_SHIP_32): Taxi Logistics: Settings
Text: page 8771
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Mon, 23. Mar 09, 21:20, edited 6 times in total.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 20:00

sounds interesting, looking forward to trying this out.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Idea
x4

Post by Idea » Fri, 16. Jan 09, 21:19

Money,moneyy,moneyyy,must be funny,in the rich's man world :D :D :D
Can wait :D

amirite

Post by amirite » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 00:24

Well this looks cool. How far along is it?
-TEVE

spacefueladdict
x3tc

Post by spacefueladdict » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 11:20

Hmm this sound like a really interesting idea, I'd also like to see a logistics hub/distribution center :idea: or summit in various sector in the universe,

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 22:31

Version 1.0 released
Please ask questions and report problems. :)

sferum

Post by sferum » Thu, 22. Jan 09, 20:37

Thanks!!
I've been wathicng this post for few days, waiting for this genial script!!
Gonna try it out tomorrow!!

spacefueladdict wrote:I'd also like to see a logistics hub/distribution center :idea: or summit in various sector in the universe,
I agree with spacefueladict. I't would be just great to have a taxi-logist-distribution HQ somewhere out there. Where we could get extra jobs, harder but better paid :)

Thanks again!
Bye!! :D :D :D
http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2213 ... 715ux8.gif

***MODIFIED***
Español - English - Deutsch

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Wed, 4. Mar 09, 12:31

seems a good script. But i saw that it's best only for M5 and not for TP, as there are always few people that want to use the taxi in stations.

The "old" Taxisoftware was much more better for TP ships.

Can you check how it could be used better for TP?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 4. Mar 09, 12:41

-Sumo- wrote:seems a good script. But i saw that it's best only for M5 and not for TP, as there are always few people that want to use the taxi in stations.

The "old" Taxisoftware was much more better for TP ships.

Can you check how it could be used better for TP?
Script information
The "Taxi Logistics" is a script for X3TC. It adds a new software to several Argon and Teladi Equipment Docks (check out Argon Prime) which adds two commands to your M3-M5, TS or TPs command console
;)

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Wed, 4. Mar 09, 14:02

??

i don't see a special command for TS or TP in the command consolle... It's generic for all... or do i need special other equippements? i have Commercial MK1+2 and Taxisoftware.

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Fri, 6. Mar 09, 14:35

i'm using this tai software but i still have some question.

1) The license is calculated x hour, but in the pilot infos, there are only informations about how many km he has flown. Now, how can i see if this pilot is makeing profit?
I see the total amount of profit, but not how many hours he is on duty, so i'll never know if i earn mony or not. (as the license is 3500 cr/h... and in 1 trip he earns max 30 cr)...
Would be good if there is an info how many hours he is on duty.
At the moment i loose a lot of money.

2) if i say to this pilot to Standby.. do i still have to pay the licenze every hour? If yes, then i prefere to destroy the ship to not loose too much credits.

at the moment that's all, but i sure will have some new questions ;)

if you want, i have translated the script file in italian.

-Sumo-
x4

Post by -Sumo- » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 10:37

Here you can find the Italian translated text file. ciao
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 40#2623140

g duffy
x3tc

Post by g duffy » Sun, 15. Mar 09, 01:34

Taxi Logistics sounds good is there a download page i can understand somewhere, as i don't understand German !!! but i do think its saying i Cannot get it in my part of the world. new to this please be understanding.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 22. Mar 09, 19:52

Hi,
I'm using your Taxi script right now and got a few suggestions.

1. Make the licenses time limited - you buy them for day or two of game time. The reason is of course that one might not want to have that sector forever, or one may want to leave the taxi business.

2. Or make an option to sell Taxi licenses - for a severe price reduction, or just as when one buys them, a bit random.

Right now I am loosing money fast every hour :roll: hopefully my Taxi drivers will take a map lesson soon so I can add a few more stations to the route.

Question: The passengers rowdiness, does that affect the settings in the taxi software (seems like alot of passengers are violent critters - must be a stressful universe).

Thanks for a fun script!

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 14:06

-Sumo- wrote:1) The license is calculated x hour, but in the pilot infos, there are only informations about how many km he has flown. Now, how can i see if this pilot is makeing profit?
I see the total amount of profit, but not how many hours he is on duty, so i'll never know if i earn mony or not. (as the license is 3500 cr/h... and in 1 trip he earns max 30 cr)...
Would be good if there is an info how many hours he is on duty.
At the moment i loose a lot of money.
Hm, I guess you have to measure that time. There is currently no option to get that information from the ship statistics.
-Sumo- wrote:2) if i say to this pilot to Standby.. do i still have to pay the licenze every hour? If yes, then i prefere to destroy the ship to not loose too much credits.
As you pay the license per sector, not per ship, you also need to pay for it when you don't have a ship in the sector. I'd always use as many ships as possible in one sector, to maximize the profit per license.
Locksley wrote:2. Or make an option to sell Taxi licenses - for a severe price reduction, or just as when one buys them, a bit random.
It is already possible to sell licenses! Just next to the option to buy them.
Locksley wrote:1. Make the licenses time limited - you buy them for day or two of game time. The reason is of course that one might not want to have that sector forever, or one may want to leave the taxi business.
As you can always sell the licenses, but usually don't want to spend a lot of time on buying and selling licenses, I think you already have all options you need.
Locksley wrote:Question: The passengers rowdiness, does that affect the settings in the taxi software (seems like alot of passengers are violent critters - must be a stressful universe).
There is a security setting in the menus where you decide if you want the ship to transport dangerous freight and violent passengers. Transporting dangerous stuff increases the chance of bad things happening. :)

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 19:50

SymTec ltd. wrote:
Locksley wrote:2. Or make an option to sell Taxi licenses - for a severe price reduction, or just as when one buys them, a bit random.
It is already possible to sell licenses! Just next to the option to buy them.
I totally missed that :sceptic: Yeah that makes all my suggestions moot. Thank you Symtec!

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 21:29

Version 1.1 released
Version 1.1 raises the profits of transportation by a fair amount, as people were not making any money with the 1.0 settings.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Tue, 24. Mar 09, 09:24

SymTec ltd. wrote:Version 1.1 released
Version 1.1 raises the profits of transportation by a fair amount, as people were not making any money with the 1.0 settings.
I just installed it over the last one. The setup script checks for updates or at least restart the script every time one starts the game right? I have reissued the "start taxiservice" to the ships.

And, yes I found out how to give back the licenses; but it isn't clear how you do it. Now I know that you click your license in the manage license window and you get an option to give it back, but there is no info that you could do so. Maybe add a line in the menu to make it clearer for new users =)

Thanks for a fun script - again :D

ladyboy

Post by ladyboy » Thu, 26. Mar 09, 03:03

I havn't tried this yet, but it sounds interesting. I have some questions and some ideas.

Can you only take one passenger at a time?

If i had a big passenger ship could i take lots of people, Like a passenger jet.. in space... transporting a few hundred people?

maybe you'd need to stock up on food/supplys for long journeys?

Geneoce
x3tc

Post by Geneoce » Wed, 6. May 09, 14:09

Taxi software is acting strangely

Started a new game, bought a sector licence, but cant set waypoints?

Am using cheatscripts and cmod3

Any reason this is happening?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”