[MOD] ATF Agent gamestart

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Seathal
x4

[MOD] ATF Agent gamestart

Post by Seathal » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 15:09

ATF Agent 1.0 - gamestart mod by Seathal

DOWNLOAD ATF AGENT 1.0 gamestart (.rar)

This small mod includes a new gamestart to choose between when starting a "New Game" without deleteing or altering any other gamestart.

This is the first step of a much more ambicious project (which is still in the creative phase).

[ external image ]

ATF Agent - Initial assets

:arrow: Initial position: The Moon

:arrow: 1000cr.

:arrow: ATF Valkyrie (M5)
- 5x1MJ shields
- 2 EMPCs
- Boost Extension
- Duplex Scanner
- Video Enhancement Goggles
- A few Engine Tuning, Rudder Optimization and Cargo Bay Extensions
- 3 Poltergeist Missiles

:arrow: Notoriety
- ATF Lunar access 0%
- Terran Senatorial Advisor 0%
- Goner Follower 0%
- All other Commonwealth races set to "Shoot on sigh in core sectors" rank
- Enemy of Xenon, Kha'ak, Pirates and Yaki
- Standard notoriety with corporations (linked to main races)

:arrow: All plots are available

Installation:

- Extract the "mods" folder into your main X3TC folder using WinRAR (.rar compression)
- "Yes to all" if you get a file modification warning message
- ... EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\mods should contain now the two files of the mod.

- To enable the mod just start X3: Terran Conflict normally and enable the mod package with the "Select Mod Package" option, and launch the game.
- To disable the mod also use "Select Mod Package" and select another mod or click on "Original" to deselect any mod.

- To uninstall the mod simply delete the two "ATF Agent X.X" files from EGOSOFT\X3 Terran Conflict\mods folder.

- Tested and built with the 1.4 version of X3TC
- No major bugs identified

Minor bugs Identified:
- "ReadText35-4698" instead of "Desactivate Guidance" shows in "My missions"
- "ReadText1904-1018" instead of "Commands/Orders" under "CurrentShip" and in the "quick order" menus.
- "ReadText35-4695" instead of "Game start" under "My Pilot Status"

[10/01/2009] - 1.0 - Initial Release

To do list

- Custom pic for the start description
- Addition of ATF ships (Maybe plot related? suggestions about this here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=231193 )

Thanks to Gothsheep, MegaJohnny and KillingMonkey for the ideas and suggestions and to apricotslice for the help.

This is my first mod. Feedback, comments and suggestions are welcome.

Seathal.
Last edited by Seathal on Sat, 10. Jan 09, 18:01, edited 10 times in total.

[Snipe] Bando
x3tc

Post by [Snipe] Bando » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 15:30

Awesome.

I hope this will kickoff many more starts.

Great effort :thumb_up:

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 15:44

So you finally managed to start it? Eh? Proud of you... Will try the mod soon... Got a few of my own dastardly plans to accomplish first... About the ATF ships availability... Maybe add the ATF Shipyard script in the mod and make it so that different ships would be available as you go through the plots... Like a separate 'rank' system or something...
To each, his own.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 15:50

KillingMonkey wrote:Maybe add the ATF Shipyard script in the mod and make it so that different ships would be available as you go through the plots... Like a separate 'rank' system or something...
I think people can just download the ATF Shipyard script as we figure out how to do it differently, to keep both separated, you know. This is just a start so far hope we can get to make a nice ATF plot and impement all we tlaked about in the other thread.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 18:03

Some minor bugs identified, if anyone has a clue how could these be caused by modding the gamestart files, please let me know. It is possible that it's just two scripts causing torouble together, I'll investigate further.
Minor bugs Identified:
- "ReadText35-4698" instead of "Desactivate Guidance" shows in "My missions"
- "ReadText1904-1018" instead of "Commands/Orders" under "CurrentShip" and in the "quick order" menus.
- "ReadText35-4695" instead of "Game start" under "My Pilot Status"

daadaa
x4

Post by daadaa » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 20:36

Sounds really nice! Downloading it :)

And whit this http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=228313
it makes darn good combination.

Rule the Terran! :P

PS. Gonna try it soon.
-"Everything seem to be fine."
-"What did you overlook?"

Seathal:
I used the mighty RSLG (Run screaming like a girl) maneuver.

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 21:04

We know about the Shipyard... Seathal's trying to make the ATF ships available without it though...
Hmmm... Don't know about the bugs, Seathal... I'm not a scripting wiz but I'd suggest tweaking the corresponding lines in the script responsible for the commands (since they're all command based, I guess)
Edit:
For some reason my dastardly plans have come to a complete and utmost halt... I'll have to postpone them for awhile...
Trying your mod....

Edit 2:
I've found some minor malfunctions in your mod, unfortunately... They shouldn't be registered as full-blown 'bugs' but still...
Mainly they are ReadText****** type glitches and are spread allover the command menus... Appearing in random... On some ships they show up, on others- they don't... As I said- I'm not a mod, nor script wiz, so I won't give suggestions on how to fix them... Sorry...
To each, his own.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sun, 11. Jan 09, 22:51

KillingMonkey wrote: Edit 2:
I've found some minor malfunctions in your mod, unfortunately... They shouldn't be registered as full-blown 'bugs' but still...
Mainly they are ReadText****** type glitches and are spread allover the command menus... Appearing in random... On some ships they show up, on others- they don't... As I said- I'm not a mod, nor script wiz, so I won't give suggestions on how to fix them... Sorry...
I'm aware of them. I'm making a list of the numbers but I think I know how it can be solved. Meanwhile, since you just need the MOD for the start, you can disable it once afte rthe first save as I work on the 1.1.

Besides that it is a very fun and challenging start for my taste! The Valkyrie is a fun ship to fly with, you can even fight with it if you do it intelligently, its high speed and 5 EMPCs (once you get them) enable you to do "hit and run" tactics. Downsides: the generator suffers to keep all 5 EMPC's up, each "shot" is 10% off the laser power, so you have to mind when and where you shoot at. I've taken several M3's with it, they're more trciky in groups, so you have to use your fast speed to split them one by one and finish them. Combat is hard but interesting.

The other factions being grumpy at you adds difficulty and immersion, noone will let you dock at the begining and you have to do missions which ain't as easy with an M5, with just 140 cargobay, no lifesupport system (at the begining)... nothing barely.

I met a _huge_ Kha'ak invasion in Grand Exchange. 2 carriers, 1 destoryer and 5 or 6 pages of fighters. It was quite an amazing sight:
[ external image ]

Definetly a challenging and fun start. Just gotta fix those "ReadTexts"...

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 01:24

Just as a matter of interest,

What gamestart id did you use ? That should be in your OP documentation, and I've raised the issue in the sticky thread for documentation purposes.

As usual, I cant get into filefront to check what you did.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 11:42

apricotslice wrote:Just as a matter of interest,

What gamestart id did you use ? That should be in your OP documentation, and I've raised the issue in the sticky thread for documentation purposes.

As usual, I cant get into filefront to check what you did.
I created a new one, between "USC Commander" and "Argon Patriot", ID 103 (an unoccupied one).

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 11:46

I asked in case you did.

The file lists that slot as reserved, so I assume that at some later time, Egosoft may release another Terran start in that slot.

I'd recommend you use 120 instead, as that group seem to be genuinely empty.

Hopefully, there will be a Gamestart ID section added to the documentation, so we can add them without duplicating.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 13:09

Does that have anythignt o do with th "ReadText" messages though? I cna add it to 120, yes, should be easy.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 13:25

Shouldnt.

If you want to email me a copy, I'll take a look.

I cant get into filewhatsit to get a download. :(

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 14:19

I met a _huge_ Kha'ak invasion in Grand Exchange. 2 carriers, 1 destoryer and 5 or 6 pages of fighters. It was quite an amazing sight:
LOL... That was nice... Now you'd probably tell me how you engaged them all and came on the winning end...
Hmmm... Still, I like the difficulty of it all... Tarting with a Sabre was bad enough... But a Valkyrie...
Just to ask... Have you managed to integrate the ATF ship availability into the mod yet? Just asking... I'm not rushing you or anything...
To each, his own.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 15:09

apricotslice wrote:Shouldnt.

If you want to email me a copy, I'll take a look.

I cant get into filewhatsit to get a download. :(
I may put an "alternative" link for downlaod then ^^

KillingMonkey wrote:Cita:

LOL... That was nice... Now you'd probably tell me how you engaged them all and came on the winning end...
Hmmm... Still, I like the difficulty of it all... Tarting with a Sabre was bad enough... But a Valkyrie...
Just to ask... Have you managed to integrate the ATF ship availability into the mod yet? Just asking... I'm not rushing you or anything...
Haha i'm in a M5 with 5MJ shields that can reach 540m/s, they were 3 Khaak capital ships plus a massive swarm of 100-150 ships: So I used the mighty RASLG (Run away screaming like a girl) maneveure. In fact I was there for the Terran plot (hell it is dificult to do it with just that small ship). Currently trying to figure out how to transport 200 Teladanium to the Argon military base... myabe I should try and cap a Duke TS...

I actually met a lot of hazards; in Scale Plate Green I met a Xenon invasion consisting on m7 and some M3's. Loyal to my "role-playing" conditions I destroyed 3 Xenon L's by lurign them out of the formation and killing them one by one. Didn't eve try with the Xenon M7 that was eating alive a Teladi M7.

And I haven't yet introduced ATF ships in there, might do a basic thing first; get them into the Torus "for sale" list for now as I develop a more "interesting" system.

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 20:19

Hmmm... Don't recommend going against Xenon for awhile...
(From a different save) My Tyr (which I capped and nurtured like one of my own) just got bashed by a K.... Don't know how... Had all my weapons at it... Spare the right and back turrets which couldn't reach it... Had most of my PSPs and M/AMs at it... But it just opened it's port side with... I couldn't know what... and bam! It was all over in like 5-6 seconds... Didn't even have time to teleport to my Tokyo (which wouldn't have survived much longer)... Lol... But anyways... This is my problems out loud... Strange thing was- I wasn't even doing a mission and the sector was Argon, not to mention a Core one... And we all know what kinds of ships the Argon keep in their Cores... None came to help... Anyways...
Also.... Found this... Not really hard to find and you probably have it already... Still, I'll be a sport and post a link... Might just help you fix those pesky glitches... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=211689 ...
Cheers...
To each, his own.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 13. Jan 09, 01:10

Seathal, if you email me a copy, I'll put it on my download site as an alternative.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Wed, 14. Jan 09, 11:27

Done, hope it helps with the ReadText files, finding the same issues apparently.

KillingMonkey
x3tc

Post by KillingMonkey » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 14:34

So... Seathal, did you manage to fix them pesky bugs? I've got a ton of bug spray, if you want it... :wink:
To each, his own.

Seathal
x4

Post by Seathal » Sat, 17. Jan 09, 18:03

Nah, not yet! I've been wondering why the hell I get them. I didn't even touch the other text files, just the gamestart ones, and all those seem to work fine... uhm..

I'm ideating a solution for the ATF ship issue though, I need to polish it a bit more.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”