[TC] [Walkthrough/Guide] A Slice of X ---- Terran, Fury, Hub, Goner, HQ, Aldrin Complete.

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Snickly
x3tc

Post by Snickly » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 09:41

Thanks apricotslice I haven´t used scripts at all... so i´m not sure how !
There are indeed asteroids that just won´t scan, even real close and they don´t appear on the sector map either :?

HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL ! :D
Snickly -signing off

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 09:43

If you ahve a save game under 10megs, email me a copy so I can look at it.

Snickly
x3tc

Post by Snickly » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 10:38

Have just checked and my saves are around 11.5 Megs.
Maybe i could try the script if you could tell me were to insert.
Thanks ! :)
Snickly -signing off

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 11:56

Can you zip or rar the save and get it smaller ? I'd like to see these 3 roids.

To install the roid cheat, download X3TC-cheat.scan.all.asteroids.rar from my download site (Click link in signature, then scroll down for the download link, find the file in the list, click to download), then you need rar to unpack the file into your TC main directory, which should put the script into the scripts directory. Restart TC, load game, and then turn the Script editor on. (Instructions in the sticky thread in scripts and modding forum). Then just continue playing. The script should kick in pretty quickly, if not, jump out, jump back in and it should then show all roids properly in the nav list. It should also trigger the next bit of the mission.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 12:40

The O:FF asteroids are at fixed positions. Are you sure you've looked far enough out?
Spoiler
Show
Ore (27)
y 1569196
z 28468251

Silicon (36)
x -5216350
y -1907361
z 26305085

Ore (31)
x -27651370
y -928641
z -15012753

(divide by 500,000 to get km)
Asteroids you can't scan and aren't on the map are rocks - you can mobile mine them, but you can't put a mining station on them. That, or you've found a bug.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 12:58

Interesting. The roids my plot used were well below those yields. I thought it odd when they talked about high yeild roids and there were none ! Highest was 18 from memory and one of them they used was a 5.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 13:03

/shrug - I just copied it out of the MD file, the positions seem to correspond to the mines that got built in my game (although they're all silicon mines, oddly).

Snickly
x3tc

Post by Snickly » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 14:10

ok i found 2 now.. off to look for the other one.
Thanks a lot and i wish you and everyone a HAPPY NEW YEAR ! :)
Snickly -signing off

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 05:04

HQ. 4

The Yaki have located BalaGi’s Command Ship. Its an Orca with registration TLNS-43.

Now, ironically, since in the order I did the plots, this mission is the last main plot mission, and its also got to be the worst put together mission of the lot. Remember trying to board the Xenon ship in Aldrin. Sigh now and get it over with.

The voice over says we must not let the Yaki capture BalaGi’s ship. I’ve no idea why, because you cant stop it.

The most important thing here is to ignore the voice instructions, ignore the mission briefing which says nothing anyway, and once we get going, only follow the guidance arrows.

However, the guidance is well and truly broken to start with.

First thing, find the Orca. If you don’t have any guidance to leave Kingdom End, then the Orca is still there. Locating it is not difficult with a triplex scanner. You will find it does not have a pilot, but is slowly meandering around the sector. You cannot claim it, and you cannot board it, so not worth trying.

Note : If all the ships in the sector disappear, don’t panic, its just that you went too high or too low. Gave me a real shock it did !

Hub 6.

While waiting for something to happen in the expectation that some Yaki was going to show up and steal the ship, I connected my 3rd gate pair in the Hub. I chose the south gate of Trinity Sanctum, which joins Paranid and Teladi space. And sure enough, my Hub is now full of all species except Terran.

HQ 4a.

Nothing continues to happen in Kingdom End. And it can continue that way indefinitely it seems.

The voice over mentioned Shore of Infinity and Light Water. The former is on the way to the latter by direct flight.

Jump into the west gate of Shore of Infinity.

This should generate a voice over that says that the Orca has been located in a different sector captured by the Yaki, and the mission briefing should now specify Kingdom End and the arrows point to it.

If you jump into Light Water first, the mission appears to break, so don’t go there, unless by some chance your still being guided there.

Jump back to Kingdom End and re-find the Orca. It should now be in the Mission part of the nav list, and be red. Once you have found it, the mission should change to board the Orca.

Boarding pods do not work (you lose your marines and they don’t even get started), remote control of a boarding ship does not work. You have to be on the ship that will do the boarding, and it has to be a ship capable of boarding. I tried an M7M and it would not work. In the end, I used a Scabbard TP from the Terran Plot.

The problem with Kingdom End is that its full of roids, stations and ships. It is almost impossible for the auto-pillok to get a line up on an Orca at the best of times, but in Kingdom End it seems to be impossible. I had 2 Boron capital ships pounding on the Orca (invincible), plus a whole heap of fighters, and the AP on the Scabbard gave me a great view of the guns firing on both capital ships as we scraped the paint off going past.

The first 10 marines launched as I was about to give up, and then got left behind, as their suits were too slow to catch the Orca.

I had to get another 10 marines brought to me. This time, the auto-pillok sat 4km behind the Orca and did nothing at all for 10 minutes except follow it.

In sheer desperation, I used Cycrow’s autoboard script hotkey instead. This involves some balls, since you aim directly at the nose of the Orca, get as close as you are prepared to play chicken with it, and then hit the launch marines hotkey and then speed away.

This worked, the marines hit the hull, and the Orca jumped out.

So.....The Borons lost a capital ship in the process, the sector is filled with angry Borons, and I have 20 marines spread accross the sector.

While I am picking up the first 10 marines, I get the message that the Orca has been spotted in The Hole. (This could I gather be almost any random sector).

Once I have manually picked up 10 marines, I transfer them to the M7 the second group came off, transfer to the M7 myself, jump to The Hole west gate, and then instruct the Scabbard to collect the rest of the Marines. Collect marines command is best used OOS. Being in the ship using the command can be hair raising, especially if you use seta, especially in Kingdom End. Its also quicker OOS, as the ship does not have to worry about colliding with anything.

When the marines have been collected, jump it after you.

By the time that’s done, you should have found the Orca and removed its shields again.

The difference now is that The Hole does not have a defense force. So this time you have to take care of the shields yourself, and the Orca only has 2 targets to aim at. You and you.

Switch to the Scabbard again. Give the M7 attack shields Orca command, and it will now happily play misquito and keep the shields down. But beware, if your using a ship with weak shields, it may not last long.

I again used the AP for boarding, and again, it sat about 3km behind the Orca doing nothing but follow it, in a sector with nothing at all nearby. Something seriously wrong with the auto-boarding.

By this stage, I was in serious danger, as the Orca was firing on me, and the Scabbard shields were going down 3% for each gun hit and 60% for each missile hit. I was using the restore hull and shields cheat at this point while swearing at the auto-pillok to get on with it.

Again in total disgust, I turned the pillok off, and did a hotkey launch of the marines. They went straight to the Orca, and went straight in. After the usual sound effects, the ship is mine, except for the last 2 missiles still on their way to me. For a ship with only 6 missiles on board, the mission obviously makes them unlimited.

Once the ship is yours, you get the usual end of plot thankyous.

The plot reward is in the cargo hold of the Orca. I renamed the ship, installed a jump drive and ecells and then jumped it to the Hub. Then jumped the Scabbard in as well, had them RV and swapped the marines back to the Scabbard, then docked it at the Hub.

My suggestion then is to drop the Headquarters somewhere in the Hub sector, where it does not obstruct traffic, and is below the gates level so you can easily jump in and dock from any direction.

Once you have your HQ deployed, dock all your ships there and have a party.

The HQ has 2 main uses.

First as a Player Headquarters, where you can dock all your ships safely. It docks 8 capital ships, 16 freighters/M6 size, and unlimited fighters. It becomes an ideal place to send capped ships to wait for you to want to do anything with them. It repairs ships if you give it resources. I will reverse engineer any ship in the game and allow you to build it. And it has a spray shop if you want to give your ships all the same colour scheme. It makes an ideal base for ship fitout.

But it is also useful as a Superstore. It has a single large cargo bay, with no restrictions on how much of anything can be stored there. (The bay is small by my expectations, so there is a mod out to greatly increase the cargo space. However, the mod must be installed before you drop the station to get the increase in space.) As such, this is a perfect place to store all the stuff you slurp up. At average price minus 1, all the basic stuff will sell itself. It’s a good place to put any oversupply of secondary resources from your complexes, where you do not want to sell them from the complex itself. Some stuff wont sell from there, but that is good because it makes a great place to store all the stuff you don’t want to sell, and do not want to have to carry around in a ship.

At some point in almost every game I play, I end up with 2 HQ’s. One is my base where npc ships are not allowed to dock. The other is a Superstore for selling everything I don’t want.

Enjoy.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 05:26

At this point, this guide is now complete.

I may or may not do the corporation missions and include them later.

The html version of this thread includes a set of quicklinks to jump directly to particular missions, or specific information/guidance. The mission numbers may not be the same as discussed in any other thread tho, as the numbers were as I did them and where it seemed logical to make a distinction. Others may disagree with my logic.

I hope this helps.

CanadianBrit
x4

Post by CanadianBrit » Sun, 4. Jan 09, 22:20

Ok.

Final Fury Mission (the last part), where you jump into M148 and help the defenders. I FAILED that mission and as yet have not been offered a second chance so to speak.

HQ Part 1 - jumped into OoF, and there IS no Ray! Now I did see the Supply Orca get destroyed by a Xenon PX, and i assume that the Ray went the same way; but the Orca has respawned and the Ray is still AWOL!

-----

Corporations missions: Terracorp

I'm at Terracorp Legend status 100%, and yet there seems no end to the "Please return to Terracorp HQ, we have a mission that needs completing" messages

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 02:01

I doubt there is a second chance for the M148 defense mission. If you fail it, reload and do it again.

The convoy and Khaak sector missions are designed to get you up to a certain combat rank, so that the last 2 missions can be done. As such, they are not too important as to what happens in them.

But if you fail M148 and the station is destroyed, then so is the Split commander, so he cant give you any more missions.

That Ray for the first HQ mission should be invincible.

Dakeyras666
x3tc

Post by Dakeyras666 » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 02:14

I'm utterly confounded. I have done the Terran, Fury and the Goner missions, and am now hoping for a supposed distress call from a Boron to start these Hub missions. I've searched around the net to find what criteria I need to receive these missions:

Boron Rank: Kings Knight
Trade Rank: Vendor/Dealer
Have several million creds in the bank etc etc.
Be in a Boron sector for the distress call

Well I am a Kings Protectorate, a Wholesaler and I have in excess of 200 millions creds, as well as several stations and far too many ships, but no matter how long I spend flying around the Boron sectors including Kingdom End, I have had no distress call.

Is this a random occurrence, or should it have started now, or am I missing something in the criteria. Any help would be most appreciated. :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 03:37

Is Wholesaler high enough ? I thought that was pretty low.

Which start are you using ?

Dakeyras666
x3tc

Post by Dakeyras666 » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 03:50

I have been trying to find a list of the order of trade ranks for TC, but only succeeded in finding one for Reunion which lists Wholesaler as about the middle, and six above dealer, which in turn is 3 above vendor. Maybe the ranks are different in TC?

I started with the Terran plot btw.

Dakeyras666
x3tc

Post by Dakeyras666 » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 03:57

I just looked up the ranks in the manual - Why did I not think to look there first? - And wholesaler is about a third up the list way above vendor and dealer, 15th from bottom in fact, with Dealer at 9th and Vendor at 6th.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 04:31

What page in the manual is that on ?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 08:15

apricotslice wrote:What page in the manual is that on ?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 08:25

Ta.

Dakeyras666
x3tc

Post by Dakeyras666 » Sat, 10. Jan 09, 13:37

Don't suppose anyone had any ideas on my situation? :cry:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”