[SCR] Follow me / Remember homebase + wingman (v8)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Gazz
x4

[SCR] Follow me / Remember homebase + wingman (v8)

Post by Gazz » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 14:46

English / Deutsch / (TFiles for 6 languages)

[ external image ] Remember Homebase / Wingman status
  • This AL-Plugin saves some typing (and nerves), especially if you're traveling with a carrier.
  • Normally, if you teleport to another ship or launch from your carrier...
    • the new ship has it's homebase deleted,
    • the new ship has it's wingman status deleted,
    • the old ship stops dead in space. It doesn't even flee or defend itself when attacked.
    I never found that overly useful and in Reunion I had a (simpler) script that fixed that.
    If you deliberately assign a homebase to a fighter, wouldn't you want it to keep that homebase instead of it getting deleted once in a while...?
  • Now, if you teleport to another ship or launch from your carrier...
    • the previous ship (like the carrier) will automatically execute a preset command.
      This command is set through switching the AL plugin.

If the previous ship is docked somewhere (= safe) it is set to Standby so it won't take off again on it's own.
      This is because the boss' personal fighter typically has a better laser selection than the regular AI fighters and maybe there are a few Hammerheads on that ship - nothing you'd want fired without a direct order.
    • Homebase and Wingman status of the previous ship are restored.
    • Your cockpit target also carries over to the new ship.

If you switch to another ship (or launch a fighter, or eject in a space suit...) it is usually because you want to do something with your current target.
      If you don't... it's a lot easier to clear a target than to search for the old one.
    • The Homebase/Wingman settings of your ships are recorded every 5 minutes or if you turn the AL PLugin off/on.
  • If a player-flown fighter docks with a carrier, the auto supply feature of X3 does not work so ammo and missiles are not restocked. (This is an X3 issue, not a Gazz issue)
    It always works if you use this script.
  • Ships with external docking (M6, TM):
    If fighters use the docking computer they do not visibly show up as landed.
    This removes the annoying engine sound of docked (!) fighters that you can sometimes hear in the cockpit or in external views.
  • An additional feature to target / flyto the homebase of the fighter you are currently piloting is activated through the
    [SCR] The Rubber Dinghi
[ external image ]Download: ZIP

Installation: Unpack Zip-File into the TC folder.

Resources used:
TextFile 7034
Last edited by Gazz on Thu, 30. Apr 09, 14:33, edited 15 times in total.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 30. Dec 08, 14:47

* reserved *
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 00:49

Very nice. I always hated it when you'd eject out and lose your target.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 01:36

Interesting :wink:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 01:50

It's like 20 lines of script plus a punch-out AL Plugin.

Just another annoying interface detail I did not... agree with. =)

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 02:21

Anyway to have it so if you switch a ship while docked at a station/fab/Happy fun land, that it doesnt put on the auto follow from the ship you just left?

I was cruising around in my m6, got a job that req'ed a TP to complete, i had one docked there so i switched and moved out, and my m6 was following me.

Wouldnt be a problem while in space if i switched. If its not posible, then nevermind ;)

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 10:58

how about when you undock/teleport from a ship it keeps doing what it was doing before you left instead of just stopping, have it so it would only stop if you ejected. Also it would be handy if your ship kept it's homebase setting when you get into it.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 11:53

Thrandisher wrote:Anyway to have it so if you switch a ship while docked at a station/fab/Happy fun land, that it doesnt put on the auto follow from the ship you just left?

I was cruising around in my m6, got a job that req'ed a TP to complete, i had one docked there so i switched and moved out, and my m6 was following me.
Not following if the previous ship is safely docked sounds sensible.
I just didn't anticipate this case since switching ships in space is always less awkward than waiting for one to dock while not even having SETA available when also docked at a station.

The point of the script is mainly not to "lose" your ships in space if you forget to manually dock/follow them.

amurph0 wrote:how about when you undock/teleport from a ship it keeps doing what it was doing before you left instead of just stopping, have it so it would only stop if you ejected. Also it would be handy if your ship kept it's homebase setting when you get into it.
If you leave a ship it's orders are always cleared.
There is no way to just bring them back or turn back time.

The "default" follow is just so it doesn't play sitting duck when under fire. Ships with "a script" like follow, launch drones, shoot back, or flee if attacked.
Anything is better than sitting there and catching bullets.

Mostly I use the script for switching to my M5 for scooting around the sector, checking on missions.
It's nice when the M7 is at least heading my way so the way back is shorter and it might already be heading where there is a station to protect...

I had a Remember Homebase script for Reunion but it wasn't very sophisticated.
One of my earliest scripts. =)

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 12:06

Gazz wrote:I had a Remember Homebase script for Reunion but it wasn't very sophisticated.
One of my earliest scripts. =)
Could you port it, please?
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 01:19

Thanks for that small change. Other then adding turrents somehow to this script, its perfect ;)

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Thu, 1. Jan 09, 02:16

Torrents? Like sun storms that veer you off course and push you into witchspace with all the disgruntled thargoids and pink gremlins?

Jelani Gunju

Post by Jelani Gunju » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 07:02

DUDE!!! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!

NOW THIS IS A GREAT SCRIPT!!!
Jelani Gunju
*A Wise Man Once Said: A Strong Man Never Gives Up.

*A Strong Man Once Said: A Wise Man Knows when to Move On!

Spikend
x3tc

Post by Spikend » Mon, 2. Feb 09, 17:07

Well I found a problem.. Kinda annoying really, because if you have a scout ship (like my M5 Valkyrie) which is like "too fast for the autopilot" sometimes, things might go bad..

I just lost my Valkyrie because I swapped to my mammoth while flying next to it, and WHAM, the Valkyrie rams me.. :P

Could you release a version where you can get all these functions, but the "follow ship" order when you swap, removed?

taigen

Post by taigen » Tue, 3. Feb 09, 14:45

I would like to second a request for the ability to remove the follow from the script. I have had my whole fleet try to trek across the known universe to find me after I jumped because I forgot to tell my carrier 'nevermind, don't follow me'.

I would prefer Idle over follow, but best yet would be a simple menu to choose which order to leave as 'default'.

Still a great script for the remember homebase part.

-Taigen

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 18:03

Version 7 released.

Default orders for the "previous ship" can be set through the AL plugin.

TFiles added.

Locksley
x3tc

Post by Locksley » Sun, 19. Apr 09, 20:06

Thank you Gazz, much apriciated.

Spikend
x3tc

Post by Spikend » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 14:01

Thank you! :D

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 20. Apr 09, 19:33

Version 8 released.

If a player-flown fighter docks with a carrier, the auto supply feature of X3 does not work so ammo and missiles are not restocked. (This is an X3 issue, not a Gazz issue)
It always works if you use this script.

Just took another 2 lines of script so why not? =)

DJSfinx
x3tc

Post by DJSfinx » Wed, 29. Apr 09, 23:21

Neat little script, thanks alot! :D

Spikend
x3tc

Post by Spikend » Sun, 14. Jun 09, 17:35

Thanks Gazz!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”