[Script] Friendly Pirates

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

[Script] Friendly Pirates

Post by Graxster » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 20:17

This is a port of Friendly Pirates from X3R, with TycHouse's permission. What this does is set your relation and notoriety to friend with Pirates, then monitors combat. If you save a pirate from being killed by another race, or save a pirate base from attackers, you gain notoriety with pirates. Initially all pirate ships will be blue, and new ones created by the game engine will be quickly changed to friendly. They then become like any other race - that is, if you attack/kill them, you lose notoriety and can eventually make them enemies.

There was a slight problem with the original script in that sometimes if you were fighting a pirate, it would keep switching back to friendly. I'm pretty sure I fixed that, but let me know if you have any problems. Other than that, this is a straight port of the original scripts.

This script needs no manual running or configuration - simply install and start the game and all pirates will turn friendly.

Many thanks to TycHouse for the scripts, and for permission to port to X3TC! Enjoy!

-Grax

[ external image ]
Last edited by Graxster on Mon, 27. Oct 08, 09:03, edited 1 time in total.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 00:12

umm, doesn't that make "Defend This Station" and "Patrol This Sector" quests kinda stupid?

I think a more loose group of pirates, IE pirates don't care if you destroy em when they are out attacking, but if you start killing them in a sector with a pirate base, then you loose notoriety would be better

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 00:14

umm, doesn't that make "Defend This Station" and "Patrol This Sector" quests kinda stupid?

I think a more loose group of pirates, IE pirates don't care if you destroy em when they are out attacking, but if you start killing them in a sector with a pirate base, then you loose notoriety would be better

Saber15
x4

Post by Saber15 » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 21:49

The ships in Station defense don't have the Pirate "I" tag. I think they're "Hostile Race" or whatever it was called in X3R

Jackrum
x2

Post by Jackrum » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 19:43

This is really great! Not only does it work as intended but it also fixes the broken flags (neutral/enemy) of the pirate faction so they correctly turn hostile when you have enough (-500) negative rep.

Huge, huge improvement, no more docile pirate patrols. Yarr!

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 22:32

In my old game I've been killing pirates left and right. If I install this, will it reset my standings to neutral or does that only happen if you start a new game? :)

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 23:41

If you install it in a game where Pirates are all red to you, it will reset your reputation to neutral or friendly... I forget which. But they'll all be blue to you, even if you've been killing them non-stop for weeks.

-G

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 00:14

this likely to flood game further with blue pirates though?
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Meros
x3tc

Post by Meros » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 13:46

Does this script also change pirate lasertowers to neutral?

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 18:13

Two things. First, are the Yaki and Pirate seperate here? In my game I would like to be on good terms with the Pirate and kick Yaki butt. :)

Secondly. Mission pirates and other pirates seems to be linked, at least in vanilla. Did you fix this? I have tried to stay neutral to the Pirates in vanilla but for each mission I do more and more pirates are turning red....

kelmen

Post by kelmen » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 07:48

dunno is it caused by this mod.

Once awhile my setting toward pirate is somehow auto-adjust from Enemy to Friend. I found this happened when I noticed pirates are change from red to blue. I have to manually set it back, on the ship config level.

The global setting is ok, though.

Neven87
x3tc

Post by Neven87 » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 04:25

Even with this script I have problems keeping the pirates angry, i even put them down to - 99999999 and still they turn blue in time. Even with my global set to pirates enemy they are still blue.

amirite

Post by amirite » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 05:43

I think this mod created problems when doing missions for Pirates. I am not sure what enemies are supposed to spawn in Station Defense missions for them, but whenever I take one, after about 20 minutes the mission started just goes "Good Job" and gives me my reward, without any ships even appearing in the sector.

My hunch would be that this script is intercepting these spawned ships and trying to turn them friendly, somehow before they even spawn... and then the friendly status marks it as 'destroyed' to the mission and it ends. Anyway, something worth looking into. Thanks for the great script though, aligning with Pirates is a much needed feature if you ask me.
-TEVE

Crustacean Soup
x3tc

Post by Crustacean Soup » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 05:27

Neven87 wrote:Even with this script I have problems keeping the pirates angry, i even put them down to - 99999999 and still they turn blue in time. Even with my global set to pirates enemy they are still blue.
Yep, I think I'm having this issue as well. It was fine for a time, but now the pirates love me. Furthermore, killing pirates in Paranid territory (on a station defense mission) actually lost me a a notoriety rank with the Paranid (which was promptly returned due to completion of the mission), though that may be completely unrelated to the script.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 06:24

Anybody who is getting pirates slowly turning blue, due you by any chance have either a bliss place or space fuel distillery running. as i believe that over time that increases pirates to friendly, (from what ive read in other threads)

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Neven87
x3tc

Post by Neven87 » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 19:16

No, i own no bliss places or space fuel, and they dont turn slowly.

Crustacean Soup
x3tc

Post by Crustacean Soup » Fri, 9. Jan 09, 06:42

Nor do I. They even turn while I'm shooting at them (they'll flip blue to red as I anger then, then suddenly go back to blue), which is no fun at all.

Crimson_Starfly

Post by Crimson_Starfly » Wed, 21. Jan 09, 20:41

Crustacean Soup wrote:Nor do I. They even turn while I'm shooting at them (they'll flip blue to red as I anger then, then suddenly go back to blue), which is no fun at all.
Same. It's driving me nuts, I had to remove the script. Please fix the issue, it'd be amazing otherwise.

MorphingJar
x4

Post by MorphingJar » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 00:42

Same issue for me as well. When attacking pirates, they will randomly slip back to blue Even while your attacking them.

MorphingJar
x4

Post by MorphingJar » Wed, 28. Jan 09, 00:42

This mod breaks much more than it fixes. I would not recommend.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”