Cockpit Mod for X3 TC (any working ones around)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Nick_X3

Cockpit Mod for X3 TC (any working ones around)

Post by Nick_X3 » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 15:37

Hi all,

I got X3 Terran Conflict for Christmas & its really great so far, but I really would love a proper cockpit view, I feel it would really enhance the game.

I have been searching high & low & found this:

CCX14 by Galaxy613

Now I couldnt see if this was for Terran conflict or the other game (X3 Reunion).

Are there any cockpit mods available for X3 Terran? I tried installing the CCX14 but whatever I have tried so far doesnt work, I still dont see any cockpit.

Im completely new to all this so forgive me if this sort of thing is common knowledge on here.

Thanks
Nick ;-)

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 16:00

Link:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... sc&start=0

This is the only one for TC at the moment, it has some bugs, make sure you read the thread so you don't end up with your game crashing.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Dragon93
x3

Post by Dragon93 » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 16:01

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=219037

There is CockpitCallback by Arkblade, only problem is your game will crash if you Quit Game, Dock, Leave Sector, or Eject Ship while in cockpit mode, so when doing these things just go into external view (F1/F2).

Edit: Oh, beat me to it ;).

Nick_X3

Post by Nick_X3 » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 17:48

Thanks for the replies!

This is great, ive just tried it & it makes the game much more realistic in my view, shame about the bugs but hopefully somebody might get to work on a stable version soon.

I have no idea why the makers of this game chose to not have a cockpit view, im sure it would be VERY easy for them to do such a thing, I think it makes all the difference.

Anyway, thanks again,
Nick :-)

BlackRazor
x4

Post by BlackRazor » Sat, 27. Dec 08, 17:57

Nick_X3 wrote: I have no idea why the makers of this game chose to not have a cockpit view, im sure it would be VERY easy for them to do such a thing, I think it makes all the difference.

Anyway, thanks again,
No , it's not easy at all to create good cockpits and it is very time consuming, plus a good amount of people don't care about cockpits (me included). I reckon these are the main reasons of their absence.
"For the love of the Fish-Queen!"

Xaffax
x3

Post by Xaffax » Thu, 12. Nov 09, 17:00

BlackRazor wrote:
Nick_X3 wrote: I have no idea why the makers of this game chose to not have a cockpit view, im sure it would be VERY easy for them to do such a thing, I think it makes all the difference.

Anyway, thanks again,
No , it's not easy at all to create good cockpits and it is very time consuming, plus a good amount of people don't care about cockpits (me included). I reckon these are the main reasons of their absence.
Are are also a good deal of people who care a great deal about cockpits who have been completely ignored. (Like me) :headbang:
The callback mods that are there aren't ship specific and to be convincing they will have to be. X-tension is the only free form game that really went all the way in that respect.
Xaffax out!
[ external image ]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”