[SCR] (24.08.09) Fleet Supply V2 [beta]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

amirite

Post by amirite » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 22:30

Okay, I am trying this out now and I gotta say, it's great. It's much less of a hassle than I thought. One thing I don't get though: where is the Setup command? I can't figure out how to configure the wares on my dock. Is that waremanager mod required for this?
Last edited by amirite on Thu, 18. Dec 08, 23:29, edited 2 times in total.
-TEVE

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 23:09

Bring up your ship console (control-c by default) then go to, ship commands. The one where you have 2 options just under turent controls.
Select one of those 2 slots and then select, Configure Supply. That should bring up a meny called, fleet supply, The rest is there. One readtext error on the missle menu with the latest version. The bottom say's M7 but it really is Dock.
The mongrels will never get over THIS wall.

amirite

Post by amirite » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 23:33

Ah sweet thanks, I knew I was missing something. So is there a way to save/load different setups so I don't have to have all TSes supplied the same way? This config menu is quite confusing.
-TEVE

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 23:46

There is no save like that. The trouble i could see with such a thing is that you could switch config's like that, but once you swich, your automatic guy's will head out and supply the other ts's real fast.

Things i see that might help you with headaches at first are.

Dock supply, the ts needs a dock as a homebase.

Carrier Supply, the ts needs the carrier you want supplyed as a homebase.

Self-supply, The ship will fly to the dock you tell it as long as it doesnt have to go through a enemy sector. If it say's it cant find a safe route to supply at, that generaly means there is a enemy sector he has to go through to get to a dock.

If you get a message saying that the ts you set as a carrier supply cant do it, chances are his homebase isnt set, same with the dock supply.

Also, make sure you tell your eq dock to be a supply dock. Or you will get a error saying your dock supply cant do it. ;)

DaOpa

Post by DaOpa » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 09:13

Morning

The HQ-CST only needs a dock as homebase. For the command self supply is a dock with activated "supply dock" nessesary.

To save more configurations is a little bit difficult. X supports arrays but not as easy as it should be. For the config I've used many arrays and 2d-arrays and I tried to make the save-function possible.

As note: TS will never be supplied by CST's, if it isn't so, we have found a new bug :D

M3 - M5, M6 and M8 only supplied by "fighter supply".
M1, M2, TL, M7, M7M supplied by CST's
TS, TP, TM only equiped when "self supply"

I have to sit down and write a better instruction! :shock:

Please send me a lot of boxes with much more time inside :roll:

Greetings

amirite

Post by amirite » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 16:39

A better description may be necesarry. It's okay though, I know the translation thing can get hairy. Let me see if I understand this right:

- To get self-supplied, ALL ships NEED to fly directly to the Supply Dock you chose after the command.
- CSTs will go to supply these ships instead if you have any working for the Supply Dock (or is this only with Fighter Supply?)
- After I configure what wares I want each shiptype to be supplied with, do I use a CAG to actually go to get the products? I don't get this yet because none of my configured products are showing up in my dock yet (I'm using a Pirate Base). I don't really get how I'm supposed to stock my Supply Dock with the correct items.
-Carrier supply I don't get either; does this basically make your carrier a mini Supply Dock? Or does a TS just go back and forth between the Carrier and the Supply Dock?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Saving multiple configurations would be a godsend. But I know that is probably a major feature that will take some time. Still, if you can do it, then this would be a complete supply solution for fleets and I might want to hump your leg.
-TEVE

DaOpa

Post by DaOpa » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 17:03

Hello

I'll try to explain!

- if you choose "supply dock" command on a dock, all selected and under "dock" defined wares will be added to the dock.
- "self supply" send the ship to one of your supply docks and add weapons, equipment and wares to it.
- "carrier supply" let the TS or M3 buy the wares it's homebase (carrier, M2, M7, M7M) needs.
- the HQ-CST only delivers wares from dock (wich must be his homebase) to carriers, M2, M7, M7M in his jump range.
- "fighter supply" refill all carrier-owned ships of type M8, M6 and fighter.

Equipment couldn't be delivered from CST's!

The next Update will include the TL-CST (like a mobile supply dock) with it's own trnasporters and for docks the possibility to refill all player owned landed ships without weapons, but with equipment and all other defined wares.

Hope this was a easier description! I also hope to find enough time over Xmas to complete the script this year and write, with help, a better description. A few little bugs are still inside and are known. For many of them the fix is ready and this weekend online!

Greetings

amirite

Post by amirite » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 04:15

Ok I think I understand now. This does some great stuff, I just didn't get exactly HOW until now :)

I have one more small question: How do I add software/upgrades to my supply dock?

Oh and where do I select what shields will be given to M3-M5 when they use Self Supply or fighter supply?
-TEVE

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 02:15

For the shields, goto yoru config and in the section, Wares setup, add in the type of shield and then you should be able to tell it you want the dock to hold so many. I think with 25mj, 6 is the limit a dock can hold. I think tho with his next update, it will have the stuff to deliever to the dock?

I know i added a 25mj shield, told it i wanted 4x shields to be on stock at all times. My Carrier TS supplyer ran out instantly and bought it up at a local place for me.

I looked at and saw in one of the files that it would do something for shield upgrades, and rudder/engine/acceleration. But im pretty novice on code parts so i dunno what it was all for.

As for the software/upgrades, go into config and hit eqiupment, then add a software there, then select what ships ya want it on. I dont think it actually puts a upgrade on the dock, just enables auto buying/supplying of it.

DaOpa

Post by DaOpa » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 15:27

Hello

Transdisher is right in many parts!

But you must not select the shield type manually! When self supply the ship search automatically for the best shield type that can be installed at the dock.
At first it wasn't able to select shields or weapons as goods. But for fighting drones a must make more possible.

The configuration at equipment or weapons setup ONLY interests the ships with command self supply! No other script uses them.

The possibility to set shields or weapons to the docks is like the dock-ware-manager from Lucike and they are compatible.

My script doesn't buy things for the dock! For docks and stations Lucike's commercial agent is a very good script and why should I develop the weel again :wink:

As I wrote in older posts I'll make the supply dock more effectiv and usefull for the player. But I need a little bit more time for this.

The core of my script should be the normal CST, but I wrote a few more so that everybody can select what for him/her is the best.

I'm still working on it and hope for many opinions, critique and ideas for improvement!

Greetings

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 20:27

Ahh, ok. So ya, use a cag to deliver the shields and weapons to the eq dock, then go with self supply to auto put in the best. That totaly makes sence.

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 17:57

Ideally, a dock should be able to hold all kind of wares : shields, weapons & ammo, but also equipment & tunings. In this way, you could buy a ship and then have it totally equipped in one go. The problem is that player-owned docks can not stock equipment & tunings in vanilla. Maybe you could look at incorporating this script http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=222181 , so that supply docks can stock them.

DaOpa

Post by DaOpa » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 22:39

Hello

I had contact to Trickmov and his POED-script from X3:R has been converted to TC. So I remember right it enables player owned equipment docks to sell tunings and other stuff.

Greetings

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 01:37

Hallo DaOpa,

that looks great, but I can only find the X3R version of POED on the forums. Is the TC version available somewhere else or is it compatible with TC without changes ?

DaOpa

Post by DaOpa » Tue, 23. Dec 08, 13:29

Hello

I've tried to bring them online. The next step is to create a topic for it and to hope :wink:

Greetings

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 22:11

DaOpa wrote:The Supply dock add and remove the configured wares at the dock compatible to Lucike's Dock-ware-manager (or how it is called in english).
I was not aware (and cannot locate in the X3TC master scripts list here) that there was a version of Lucike's Dockware Manager for X3TC. Would you happen to have a link to the thread about it?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 22:33

Odd, i cant find the thread for it myself.

Anyway, you can goto http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216745 (which is in german) and grab his .zip that has all the scripts up to date, and the dock manager is in there. Dockwarenmanager_X3TC_V3b01 is the dock manager, and dont worry, the script has a english t-file.

I believe Codea and personal transport are the only 2 that dont have a english t-file. Mostly because there still in alpha and that file is changed almost every version right now.

klaatu
x4

Post by klaatu » Wed, 31. Dec 08, 23:13

Great. Thanks. Lucike's scripts are great; I just wish I knew what some of those other scripts (besides the ones that already have English threads about them) did, as I'd probably like and use them if I did. :)

DaOpa

Post by DaOpa » Mon, 12. Jan 09, 09:47

Hello

I'll make it short! DVD got lost over XMas and should be back this week. I wish me a no-DVD-patch like Reunion 2.0 :roll:

So nothing happens till now and it will take time to do what couldn't be done.

Greetings

VoodooKing
x3tc

Post by VoodooKing » Sat, 31. Jan 09, 02:45

Hi DaOpa,

I read the instructions on how to use this script but am not sure how.

The command I'm looking at is Carrier Supply.

My understanding is that I have to

1) Assign CST to Carrier as homebase
2) Configure Supply
3) Add missiles
4) Select Silkworm (in my case)

Now I don't understand the different colums like

M1|M3|M4
0 | 0 | 0

So I set it as follows

M1|M3|M4
50| 0 | 0

Does this mean the CST will find 50 Silkworms and put them on board the carrier?

What if I set

M1|M3|M4
50| 50| 50

Does this mean the CST will buy 150 Silkworms and put 50 on the carrier and then distribute 1000 Silkworms equally among the all the M3 and M4 on board?

I'm still scratching my head because the CST is not doing anything other than following the carrier.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”