[SCRIPT] XenoTec Shipyard V.1

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Krewzur
x4

[SCRIPT] XenoTec Shipyard V.1

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 21:38

XenoTec Shipyard v.1

XenoTec Corporation (Backstory):
XenoTec is an Argon corporation that is dedicated to the research and acquirement of Xenon technology. During a raid on the Xenon Shipyard in Xenon Sector 472 by corporation mercenaries the shipyard mainframe was hacked. Ship blueprints were downloaded by the mercs and returned to corporation labratories. They have since utilised the blueprints to manufacture Xenon ships and have set up a shipyard in Black Hole Sun to help finance more raids.

ATTENTION: For some reason the Xenon K and J are really, really cheap!?! This has nothing to do with the script it is just their default price. K's are about 20m and J's are 12m. This would require an edit of the TShips file to fix. I know how to do this, but not in a way that would be compatable with other mods like Coffee-Man's hanger mod.

I didn't add the Xenon Station or the Solar Power Plant, because the station can't dock medium sized ship's (TS, M6, TM, TP) and the Solar Power Plant doesen't require resources so that would just be cheating.

v.1
-Added XenoTec Shipyard to Black Hole Sun
-Added Xenon ships to the XenoTec Shipyard

Enjoy!

Download:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=228890
Last edited by Krewzur on Thu, 26. Mar 09, 20:07, edited 3 times in total.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 21:44

Personally: you should put it somewhere like xenon 101. Make it a challenge to get those bigger ships and keep them alive long enough to get out :D

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 21:48

Ok, theres one shipyard left to do...... the Kha'ak. But I need a backstory to get an idea of where to put the shipyard. Another problem is since there are no Kyon Emitter factories it'll be very hard to equip the ships.

Any ideas???
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 21:49

Lancefighter wrote:Personally: you should put it somewhere like xenon 101. Make it a challenge to get those bigger ships and keep them alive long enough to get out :D
Not so difficult :) You speed there in a Kestrel for example, equipped with JD and all. Buy your ship, transfer JD and just enough energy for one jump and you're home free. Sell the Kestrel after :)

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 21:50

Lancefighter wrote:Personally: you should put it somewhere like xenon 101. Make it a challenge to get those bigger ships and keep them alive long enough to get out :D
Well because the shipyard is owned by the Argon it'll just get destroyed if it was in X101. Plus Black Hole Sun is the only Argon sector next to a Xenon sector with a shipyard.

And it's a made up argon corporation that owns the shipyard not the Xenon so it wouldn't make any sense.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 21:59

xenon 101 placement: So set it to friendly race or something >.< not entirely sure how notoriety works with them though.

Relating to the khaak:
You could say that kyle himself 'convinced' a small task force of khaak to to set up a ship production complex in somewhere out of the way... because they were under kyle's direct control at the time, they stopped production once he was beamed away. Now some teladi company has found it and has restarted construction.
as for kyons... are there kyon fabs that you could allow the SY to build?

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 22:16

Lancefighter wrote:xenon 101 placement: So set it to friendly race or something >.< not entirely sure how notoriety works with them though.
I don't understand why there would be a friendly shipyard of any race operating in a xenon sector, it's just doesn't make any sense. And wheres the fun in it anyway, their not going to catch you in a Kestrel, and jumping your new ship out would be simple, theres no point in doing this. Plus it wouldn't fit into the backstory that i spent a whole 5 minutes making up :D
Lancefighter wrote:as for kyons... are there kyon fabs that you could allow the SY to build?
There are no kyon fabs in the game at all. Unless someone made something like Ashley's stations mod for X3:R.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 23:27

amurph0 wrote: There are no kyon fabs in the game at all. Unless someone made something like Ashley's stations mod for X3:R.
That sucks... well, i suppose its possible to use another type fab that nobody else uses and run a script to change it into a kyon fab.. but thats not exactly easy from what I understand.

And say that extended analysis of the xenon has found a secret code that the shipyard is using to protect itself.
Or just make it invulnerable :lol:

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 23:42

If you really, really want the shipyard to be in x101 you could easily modify the script to do so. :)

Just go to the script in the script editor (setup.amurph0.xenotec) and change the race and sector in the first couple of lines to "friendly race" and "Xenon Sector 101".

Csve
x3tc

Post by Csve » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 00:13

amurph0
How about to compile all your shipyard scripts into one pack? It should be easier to check for updates :)

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 00:16

I prefer to keep the scripts separate so people can just download the shipyards they want.

but if you like i could just put them all into one thread?

Csve
x3tc

Post by Csve » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 00:24

Or you can place links to other scripts in the 1st post

Dgn Master
x3tc

Post by Dgn Master » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 00:27

I too would like to see a combined mod, but if you don't plan on doing this (can't make everyone happy) a single thread with the links to the downloadables would be awsome instead of having to search for newer versions.

Thanks
Could the parents of the little Argon girl, Suzie, please claim her sealed jar of remains?
She didn't mind the gap and ended up vapourized!

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 00:27

yeah, but than every time i add a new script i'll have to edit the tread for every other script, and it'll end up being all cluttered, it's easier this way

LiveAus

Post by LiveAus » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 01:12

Hi!
First congratulations on these great scripts. The backstory is very credible so it doesn't seem like cheating.
I have a question though, why did you leave out the "Unknown Object" Xenon ship from the Xenon SY? Is it possible for me to add it as a buyable ship?
If you don't want me to mess with your mod could you at least tell me how to insert ships in created SY? I know how to use the cheat menu to insert new products and resources to custom stations, but the menu lacks an "add ship" command.

Thank you!
Argnu beef.. now with 30% less Boron!

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 01:28

LiveAus wrote:Hi!
First congratulations on these great scripts. The backstory is very credible so it doesn't seem like cheating.
I have a question though, why did you leave out the "Unknown Object" Xenon ship from the Xenon SY? Is it possible for me to add it as a buyable ship?
If you don't want me to mess with your mod could you at least tell me how to insert ships in created SY? I know how to use the cheat menu to insert new products and resources to custom stations, but the menu lacks an "add ship" command.

Thank you!
open up the script editor and scroll down to my script (setup.amurph0.xenotecSY or something like that)

in it there's are series of three lines that repeat themselves, they should be like:

$ship = "J"
$SY -> add product to factory or dock: $ship
$amount = $SY -> add 1 units of $ship

those three lines repeat themselves for each ship.

e.g. the "J" changes to "K", "L", "M", "P", "LX" etc, for the other ships.

just copy and paste any three of those lines (press c to copy, and v to paste)

and change the "J" to anything you want, save it, and next time you load the game it will be at the shipyard.

LiveAus

Post by LiveAus » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 01:43

Thanks for the quick reply!

I did what you said, copied those three lines and pasted them and changed the ship type to Unkown Object. Saved and reloaded the game. Unfortunately the SY in Black Hole Sun still doesn't sell the ship. Did i do anything wrong?

Here's how the code is now:

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="x2script.xsl" type="text/xsl" ?>
<script>
<name>setup.amurph0.XenoTec</name>
<version>2</version>
<engineversion>42</engineversion>
<description>Adds XenoTec Shipyard</description>
<arguments>
</arguments>
<sourcetext>
<line linenr="001" indent=""><var>$find = </var><text> find station: sector=</text><var>Black Hole Sun</var><text> class or type=</text><var>Argon Federal Argon Shipyard</var><text> race=</text><var>Argon</var><text> flags=</text><var>1</var><text> refobj=</text><var>Argon Federal Argon Shipyard</var><text> maxdist=</text><var>0</var><text> maxnum=</text><var>1</var><text> refpos=</text><var>null</var></line>
<line linenr="002" indent=""></line>
<line linenr="003" indent=""><var>if not </var><var>$find -></var><text> exists</text></line>
<line linenr="004" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY = </var><text> create station: type=</text><var>Argon Federal Argon Shipyard</var><text> owner=</text><var>Argon</var><text> addto=</text><var>Black Hole Sun</var><text> x=</text><var>-15000</var><text> y=</text><var>-5000</var><text> z=</text><var>25000</var></line>
<line linenr="005" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="006" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>J</var></line>
<line linenr="007" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="008" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="009" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="010" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>K</var></line>
<line linenr="011" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="012" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="013" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="014" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>L</var></line>
<line linenr="015" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="016" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="017" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="018" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>LX </var></line>
<line linenr="019" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="020" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="021" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="022" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>M</var></line>
<line linenr="023" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="024" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="025" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="026" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>N</var></line>
<line linenr="027" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="028" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="029" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="030" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>P</var></line>
<line linenr="031" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="032" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="033" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="034" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>PX</var></line>
<line linenr="035" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="036" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="037" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="038" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>Q</var></line>
<line linenr="039" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="040" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="041" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="042" indent=" "><var>$ship = </var><var>Unknown Object</var></line>
<line linenr="043" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add product to factory or dock: </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="044" indent=" "><var>$amount = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> add </text><var>1</var><text> units of </text><var>$ship</var></line>
<line linenr="045" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="046" indent=" "><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> set name to </text><var>'XenoTec Shipyard'</var></line>
<line linenr="047" indent=" "></line>
<line linenr="048" indent=" "><var>$shield = </var><var>$XenoSY -></var><text> install </text><var>20</var><text> units of </text><var>2 GJ Shield</var></line>
<line linenr="049" indent=""><text>end</text></line>
<line linenr="050" indent=""><text>return </text><var>null</var></line>
</sourcetext>

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 01:52

did you make the changes in game with the script editor or with a text editor? your much better off using the in-game editor.

And are you sure what you picked was a ship and that it was the right unknown object, because there's loads of unknown objects.

LiveAus

Post by LiveAus » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 01:57

I used the in-game script editor, selectec the "J" and in the next menu selected "Select ship type". Then a menu with "Race", "Class" and "Ship" appeared, i selected the Xenon Race and the Unknown Object on the bottom of the list.
Saved it, reloaded the game and still no change. I've tried to leave the sector, save and then reload, but still nothing. I've also tried to change from "Unknown Object" to "Centaur", but still no difference.

Could you try to do it yourself, if you have the time? And if it works could you upload the file?

Thanks a lot, sorry to be bothering you. I've already installed your other SY scripts and been flying around in a Fenrir thanks to you.
Congratulations one more time!

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Mon, 30. Mar 09, 02:04

oh, that's right....... i forgot..................

blow up the shipyard :lol:

then save your game and reload it, use the cheat script to blow it up.

When it respawns the ship should be there :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”