[SCRIPT] Add Orbital Weapons Platforms to Argon Prime Shipyard v1.01 - 19.12.08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

xiriod
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Add Orbital Weapons Platforms to Argon Prime Shipyard v1.01 - 19.12.08

Post by xiriod » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 17:33

This is one of my very first attempts to make a script, so please have mercy. I have tried it many times and it always works at my end. It adds Small, Medium and Large OWPs to the Shipyard in Argon Prime.

Now, the OWPs are rather large. But they can use jumpdrives. So what I do when I get one is that I buy it and equip it with a jumpdrive and energy cells. Then I go to another sector, undock the OWP and jump it to where I want it to be. Then I can go there and use the tractor beam to tow it to my desired location.

Another option is to use one of the Jump scripts available to jump to the desired position. That works too. Although some fine tuning with the tractor beam can be required.

This script is made as is, and since it works I am probably not going to expand on it or improve it further. If anyone wants to do so, please be my guest. I just made it for myself and thought perhaps someone else would like it too. But if you do, I take no responsibility for your save game and such ;) But as I said, it works for me.

Installation:

First you need to enable the Script Editor if you have not done so yet by renaming your character to 'Thereshallbewings' and wait until it finish initializing. It will freeze for a short time, and you will get control back. That's how you know.

In this archive there are two directories. One is called 'scripts' and the other is called 'scripts.optional'.

The first one contains the version you have to run yourself through the Script Editor. If you like to use that, you copy the 'a1.add.owps.to.argon.prime.sy.xml' in to your 'scripts' folder in your game directory. Then you open the Script Editor, select the script and press 'r' to run it. If prompted press 'null' and it should be up and running.

The second directory contains 'setup.add.owps.to.argon.prime.sy.xml', which is the exactly same file except it runs on every gamestart/load. If you like that, then just copy it in to your 'scripts' folder in your game directory and and start to play.

v1.01 Added a second script for those that like it to run on gamestart/load
v1.00 Initial relase

New download links:

Available on xdownloads:
[ external image ]

Onedrive mirror:
[ external image ]

Outdated link:

File: http://www.sendspace.com/file/gq9nfg

EDIT: August 12th 2010 - This is compatible with v2.7.1

This script can be used in conjunction with this -

OWP Real External docking

Edit: Added new download links. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by xiriod on Thu, 12. Aug 10, 17:11, edited 9 times in total.

strikor
x3tc

Post by strikor » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 17:53

Sounds good. I've always wanted to buy them and I could never get that other OWP script to work right.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 18:08

Ideally, I think there should be three new wares made (ST class) for the three OWPs. You buy the ware with a TL, take it wherever you want to deploy it, and with a new command "Deploy OWP" from the TL, it plops one in the sector exactly where you want it.

If you want to move it from there, you can tow it.

This would eliminate the monstrocity docked at a SY.

In fact, I wouldn't think that'd be too hard...

Also, to equip it, rather than buy the guns when buying the ship, you could also offer "equipment packages" for them. Buy one for the cumulative cost of the shields/guns included in the package (another new ware). When the OWP is "built" with the "deploy" command, you beam over the "package" and run the command from the OWP platform.

You could effectively make several differe equipment packages this way as well.

Any really specific/nitpicky loadouts could be done with a transporter.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 18:12

fud wrote:Ideally, I think there should be three new wares made (ST class) for the three OWPs. You buy the ware with a TL, take it wherever you want to deploy it, and with a new command "Deploy OWP" from the TL, it plops one in the sector exactly where you want it.

If you want to move it from there, you can tow it.

This would eliminate the monstrocity docked at a SY.

In fact, I wouldn't think that'd be too hard...

Also, to equip it, rather than buy the guns when buying the ship, you could also offer "equipment packages" for them. Buy one for the cumulative cost of the shields/guns included in the package (another new ware). When the OWP is "built" with the "deploy" command, you beam over the "package" and run the command from the OWP platform.

You could effectively make several differe equipment packages this way as well.

Any really specific/nitpicky loadouts could be done with a transporter.
Which is exactly why I made it simple like this. First of all because it works. And as I said, it is simple. And no need for extra wares, which I personally keep a long distance from. No EMP for me. But if you want to make one, I am sure many will like that :) It just that I'd been asking for something like this for some time and since no one wanted to do it I just did it myself ;)

I do not mind that big Large OWP docked at the Shipyard, it ain't that big. I have undocked it in-sector and it works as well. Just take some shield damage, but that's it. But OOS it undocks nicely.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 18:29

Oh, I know. ;)

I just tend to think out loud a lot. I'll likely use your script because it's easy. I still think it's a shame Egosoft didn't intend to allow the player to own the OWPs. Maybe it'll be in an up-coming patch, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Maybe if I'm bored/drunk enough, I'll look into my idea, most likely to only get half way with it and move on to something else.

ADHD is a bitch. :)

Malkuth74
x3tc

Post by Malkuth74 » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 02:00

Do the OWP come with weapons?

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 02:01

No. It's just like with the ships, as it is classified as a ship. ;)

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 11:47

How well do those OWPs work OOS? I've cleared out Xenon Sector 347 and I now use it as my own HQ. Through the Take-over-sector script I'm the official owner. That is eh... still debated by the Xenon. Therefore I have a Boreas patrol the sector. Would it be enough to put two OWPs at the two gates (S and E) and have them do the defense work?
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 14:47

Stealth17 wrote:How well do those OWPs work OOS? I've cleared out Xenon Sector 347 and I now use it as my own HQ. Through the Take-over-sector script I'm the official owner. That is eh... still debated by the Xenon. Therefore I have a Boreas patrol the sector. Would it be enough to put two OWPs at the two gates (S and E) and have them do the defense work?
I have not tested that much, but a little. The large owp can hold its own against quite a few fighters and M6's though. I view the owp as a stopgap that can buy me just enough time for me to jump in and help out. A 28 mill a pop they are much cheaper for this job than any M1/M2. :)

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 15:08

Ok, I'll try using two OWPs with PPCs; one at each gate. Backed up by a Thresher with PCCs and Ion Cannons. Hopefully that'll teach em 8)
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 23:51

Ok, here's a random thought: would it be handy/interesting/nice to have a sort of "Deep Space Fortress" available in the game? The OWP can fit the jobdescription but they aren't shielded any heavier than your (above)average Capital-ship.

I'm thinking more along the lines of something with 15 or 16 GJ shields. Up to 80 guns from separate turrets. Something you could deploy in a Xenon sector as something of a doorstop.
For those of you out there who've seen Star Trek Deep Space Nine; you probably know what I mean.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 00:20

Stealth17 wrote: I'm thinking more along the lines of something with 15 or 16 GJ shields. Up to 80 guns from separate turrets. Something you could deploy in a Xenon sector as something of a doorstop.
You could edit the TShips file to get that kinda power out of a OWP.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 01:11

I cant get a download to look at the script, but if you rename it to setup.a1..... then it will load each time the game is started automatically.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 05:03

apricotslice wrote:I cant get a download to look at the script, but if you rename it to setup.a1..... then it will load each time the game is started automatically.
@Stealth17
I was thinking of editing mine to carry more ships though. I thought perhaps the small one could carry 2, medium 4 and large 6.

@apcricotslice
Originally I did that, but I changed it so that people could just choose whether they want it in their current game or not. Some people have several games going a the same time :)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 07:17

2 packages then. They install which one they want.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 17:44

apricotslice wrote:2 packages then. They install which one they want.

Done ;) Albeit all in one archive.

WildAce
x4

Post by WildAce » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 06:20

would it be possible for you to do this mod but to a non argon shipyard?

atm im playing Savage Split and my enemys are Argon/OTAS/TerraCorp/Boron

so i cant use this mod if it only adds them to Argon Prime.

if you could add them to one of the shipyards in either Family Pride, Cho's Defeat, or Rhonkar's Might

it would be much appreciated (id prefer Family Pride as its more or less in the middle of the split sectors)

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 06:37

Actually, I'd suggest you add them to all shipyards. That way, no matter the start, people can find them somewhere.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 07:01

apricotslice wrote:Actually, I'd suggest you add them to all shipyards. That way, no matter the start, people can find them somewhere.

Sorry. As I said at the beginning, this was it. It works, so I am not going to improve or expand it any further. If someone wants to do, be my guest. :)

As I see it the OWPs are Argon design, and that is why I put it in the Argon Prime Shipyard.

@WildAce

If you like, you can just open the script and change the destination from Argon Prime to the sector of your choice. You'll spot it at once you open it.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 20. Dec 08, 07:24

I cant get the download. If you could email me the archive, I'll see what I can do with it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”