[MOD][05.08.2009] Hangarmod/External-Docking [v. 1.8 BETA]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 21:14

Ok, I got the -- Savegames are corrupt -- error. How do I get the mod to work? I'd like to use it rather than uninstall it.
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 21:20

Stealth17 wrote:Ok, I got the -- Savegames are corrupt -- error. How do I get the mod to work? I'd like to use it rather than uninstall it.
That can be caused by a typo (typically a semicolon...) in the mod files.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 21:52

Are you in one of the edited ships? Are any of the edited ships in sector with you?

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 22:00

Negative. Just me in Omicron Lyrae in my Disco in the shipyard. The only other ship there is a TS. All of my Capships are occupied or parked elsewhere.

Gazz: In my Modfolder the mod is called Hangermod14.cat. That could be the problem. I'll try renaming the mod to Hangermod.cat and see if that works.
Like a thousand other commanders on a thousand other battlefields, I wait for the dawn...

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 22:23

The mod will also change the AI-Ships, and there are propably TLs, M1s and M2s somewhere with you in omicron lyrae, which are causing these problems. Please follow the installation guide, fly to an empty unknown sector, save, install the mod, load that savegame!

@Gazz: no typos in my scenefiles (haven't typed them by hand, always klicked onetime at the old scenefile, switched directory, saved...so the name is the same as in the original game/your turret script), the mod is working fine for most users.

Also the name of the mod shouldn't be the problem, as I run the game with the "hangarmod14.cat" without any issues. But renaming it wouldn't affect it in any ways, so no risk in doing so *G*.

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 23:44

Got it working. I went to an unknown sector and saved. Loaded after installing and it works perfectly. Good script. Keep up to good work :thumb_up:

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 23:53

Glad to hear that it's working now =).

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 00:36

Ok, the script it working in the sense that I can launch and play my game without fault. I can even get my M5 Disco to accept the order to dock at my M2 Boreas. Thing is, it never does dock. I just sit there in my Disco for an eternity waiting to dock. I may have read past something important, but I don't think so.
I've already tried to move the targetship (Boreas) to a different place to get the docking-procedure to start, but to no avail.
Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
Stealth

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 00:44

Ok, I fear you have the most common bug with preexisting games. The shipscenes are loaded correctly but somehow the game doesn't recognise the new added dockingslots. You may try to send the ship OOS and than back IS and retry the command, though it only helps in some cases. If this doesn't work I can only give the advice to replace the ships by a new one, either scripting it/using cycrows cheat-script to create it, or buy it at a shipyard. The mod will work with new spawned ships in game.

I'll try to find a solution for this in the near future, but as I first have to learn and understand the scriptingengine it might take a while. Sorry for the complications.
Last edited by Coffee-Man on Wed, 17. Dec 08, 00:47, edited 1 time in total.

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 00:46

Buy a new Boreas (no need to equip it) and try again.

For some changes the ship needs to be recreated.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 11:01

Thanks people.
I'll try buying a new Boreas and see if it works. Thing is, I have 3 Boreas M2s, 1 Akuma, 1 Shuryu, several M7s and 4 M7Ms. It's going to take A LOT of money to replace all that :lol:

Oh well, I have 600 mil in my account so I guess it'll work out.

athelred
x3

Post by athelred » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 16:59

I can confirm that cloning the ships (or presumably buying another ship) will fix the docking. As far as I can tell just having the ships go from sector to sector is not sufficient. The docking slots show up, but the ships will not actually dock. Cloning the ships and then destroying the originals fixes this issue without losing anything.

Other than that issue (and the whole fly through the ship while undocking and docking thing, but that is cosmetic) it looks great.

BTW do you include all of Gazz's excellent turrent mod, or only the parts that intersect what you have changed? Correct me if I am wrong, but if you do the second, then we could install (and update frequently) Gazz's mod as a base line and this mod as a higher false patch number. Your changes would overwrite his on the ships you are interested in, but the ones you don't change would use his mod, correct? This would make it so that you did not have to update as frequently I think, since he tends to update his stuff often.

athelred

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 17:51

There are 73 of 75 ships from Gazz Turretfix included in this mod by now, which means that also the ships are included, which I didn't mod (the M6 and M3 for example). I don't know which scenefiles would be read primary, the false patch or the mod, installing both (Gazz Turretfix and the hangarmod) might lead to the problem that only one of the mods is recognized by the game (I think the false patch has a higher priority, but I don't know that exactly). You can try to run both of them, I'm curious if that works, but I will add the missing 2 shipsscenes from Gazz this weekend anyways.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 19:52

Priority:

1. Mods folder
2. Sub folders
3. Highest Cat.

That said, I think any files in the subfolders, will over-ride the mods folder...

I had a modified universe file in mods and in "\maps", enabled the mod, but it read the one in "\maps". Once I removed that one, it read the one in mods.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 21:08

So are you going to add the ability for M6's to dock M5's like in x2???
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 22:18

Don't know about Coffee, but *I* never intended on it.

M6s can dock at any station, the reason they could carry one M5 in X2 was because of thte lack of that ability.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 22:23

fud wrote:Don't know about Coffee, but *I* never intended on it.

M6s can dock at any station, the reason they could carry one M5 in X2 was because of thte lack of that ability.
Yeah but their really slow, and you could use the M5 to dock at stations faster, scout, retrieve wares, deploy satellites, etc.

This would be especially useful if the only ships you own are an M6 and an M5
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Magnabyte
x4

Post by Magnabyte » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 23:20

I concure, M5's have little use other than as shuttle's to and from larger ships, and exploration. Plus, I miss having M5's docked at M6's since I only equip corvettes and larger with jumpdrives (Its my Rp mindset, why would a one man fighter beable ot travel long distrance without a carrier to support it, that makes TM's, M7's and M1's rather obsolite in my mind)

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 23:35

Hm...as far as I see there is no special-M5 dock. Possible would be to add a normal M3/M4/M5 Dock at M6/M6Ms, or I will see if can change the given dockingslots so that only one specific shipclass can use them. But that might take a while.
Ok, best solution is probably to add a normal fighter dock until I figuered out how to change the dockingslots, than replace them lateron.

I think there'll be another TS dock at the TL-class.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 23:36

Thanks Coffee-Man :D

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”