[SCR] Prospector [2010-7-13 - X3TC 3.2.07]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:12

There are rocks that show up on your sector map, and there are ones that do not.
The ones that do show up on your sector map can have a permanent mining station placed on them - Prospector will normally not touch these, except to scan it. Permanent stations mine the rock they're on, consuming energy cells to produce silicon or ore - these last until destroyed. These large rocks CAN be broken up and mined using mobile mining, however the rock is destroyed. This is the command you were giving Prospector I think..

Prospector will collect the rocks not on the sector map. These smaller rocks are of various sizes, and Prospector uses a Mobile Drilling System to break them up until they are collectible.

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:19

The commands i have available are,

Under Special
Start Mining Minerals - Prospector
Investigate Asteroids - Prospector

When i click start mining, i get the same layout as with EST the traders infor and settings, ive restored them all to default now.

Clicked Start prospecting, and ill watch his hold see if he collects anything.

Thx for your fast responces Vicrry ;)
The fact its not workin is more me not understanding how the mining works in X3 so thx for any input :D

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:29

No problem - be sure to let me know if it is working or not. Remember that not all sectors have small rocks in them, so if he hasn't gathered anything for a while you might try somewhere else. Like Three Worlds or Kingdom End, both have lots.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 03:31

and Nathans Voyage kept mine busy for days.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Tanjitsu

Post by Tanjitsu » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 21:49

Doh, its just me not setting it right. i reset defaults and left him and he's up and runnin now. I musta messed somet up :P Thx for support though :D

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 18:40

Very nice script as usual, but I am a bit surprised at the ship class restriction : why TS/TL/M6 only ? Those cannot dock at a TL homebase ; I've bought 4 Falcon Haulers just to help my TL with mobile mining. Sure, they are fighters, but they have 350 XL cargo space and can dock at a TL. Anyway, even if you allow M3 to run the prospector scripts, there aren't that many that can equip an ore collector as it is an XL-size upgrade, so it won't change much. Just will make prospecting an easier operation. :)

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 06:55

The Falcon Hauler is the only M3 with a XL sized cargo bay, as far as I can tell.

I don't know why M3's were excluded from the class list, other than the fact that M3's have almost always been L or M cargo and it'd be easy to overlook it. The Falcon Hauler has the problem that it cannot mount a Mobile Drilling System, so it can't break rocks.. a TS with a transporter device could be more effective as it can break things up and then teleport it's minerals onto the TL. Just be sure to remember to install the transporter device and set the TL as homebase.

dminor
x3tc

Post by dminor » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 07:30

Falcon Haulers have always been collectors for me. Makes the Mobile Miners more mobile.

It would be nice if they where added
" I'm a Sexy Shoeless GOD of WAR " Belkar

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 10:38

Vicrry06 wrote:The Falcon Hauler is the only M3 with a XL sized cargo bay, as far as I can tell.

I don't know why M3's were excluded from the class list, other than the fact that M3's have almost always been L or M cargo and it'd be easy to overlook it. The Falcon Hauler has the problem that it cannot mount a Mobile Drilling System, so it can't break rocks.. a TS with a transporter device could be more effective as it can break things up and then teleport it's minerals onto the TL. Just be sure to remember to install the transporter device and set the TL as homebase.

Got a problem with that : assigned a TS with transporter to my TL, the TS is collecting minerals alright, but its worktime stays at 00:00. He's now collected over 1000 nividium, but is still apprentice 00:00 wortime. Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong ?

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 22:14

Tontonfred - did you get an answer over in the German forum? I've not seen that yet and it'd be good to know what caused that.

tontonfred
x3

Post by tontonfred » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 00:56

Lucike replied, I think he's gonna take a look tomorrow, he has some Wiehnachtsfeiern to do today :wink:

EDIT : version 3.1.01 available ; allows M3 to prospect + fixed the working time problem for me.

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 14:13

Looks like Lucike sneaked out a new version while I was at the bar..
Prospector
(Version 3.1.01 - 13. December 2008)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Prospector (Version 3.1.01)
-> Necessary Command Libraries (You MUST install these!) (New 11.12.08 !)

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 1.3 (Not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

13.12.2008 (Version 3.1.01)
  • The Prospector can now fly a M3-sized ship for collecting minerals.
  • The shipping state could last for a very long time if the Prospector had a ship with a very large cargohold. Solved.
  • Several smaller optimizations.

EvilGrin
x4

Post by EvilGrin » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 16:24

At what experience level does the prospector pilot start using the Jumpdrive?

It's not mentioned in the description of the pilot levels, but there is mention of a 'special course' requirement in the Jumpdrive section.

Lucike
x4

Post by Lucike » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 20:52

EvilGrin wrote:At what experience level does the prospector pilot start using the Jumpdrive?

It's not mentioned in the description of the pilot levels, but there is mention of a 'special course' requirement in the Jumpdrive section.
The PSCs use the jumpdrive with the experience level Lead Miner.

xxdh2kxx

Weird Glitch

Post by xxdh2kxx » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 08:00

I set up 2 miners in Barren SHores with all the necessary equipment to Mine and made a Mobile Mining Base they're homebase. They do mine and collect minerals but I noticed after about 20 Stazuras the Asteroids and rocks started to disappear. They simply vanished without trace with my miners collecting barely the amount the rocks would have accounted for. Anyone else have this problem?

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 19:20

That's one I haven't seen or heard of before..
I wonder if rocks have their own yields like Reunion did..

xxdh2kxx

Post by xxdh2kxx » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 19:29

Yea it was quite odd that 2 TS's could wipe out barren shores in 30 mins. I dont use the script nemore but if I ever need to wipe a sector out of Asteroids I'll use it...Its great at that!

wyvern11
x3

Post by wyvern11 » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 19:34

my miner is milking scale plate for nividium for hours (1200+ units) and still does not stop

post the section of your log where it says

xxx rocks
yyy collectables / non-collectables
Redest du noch - oder denkst du schon ?

Vicrry06
x3tc

Post by Vicrry06 » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 01:29

Prospector
(Version 3.1.02 - 18. December 2008)

[ external image ]

[ external image ] [ external image ]

-> Prospector (Version 3.1.02)
-> Necessary Command Libraries (You must install these!) Version 3.2.05 new 11.12.08

Required: X³ Terran Conflict Version 1.3 (Not compatible with X³ Reunion) !!

18.12.2008 (Version 3.1.02)
  • Prospectors in a M3 could not dock at a TL or transport minerals using a transporter device. Fixed.
  • Prospectors in a M3 can use a Particle Accelerator Cannon mounted in the turret.
  • Several smaller optimizations.

Satatik
x3ap

Post by Satatik » Mon, 22. Dec 08, 01:53

How the hell are you guys selling the minerals in your TLs? Is there currently no way of using a CAG type thing that sells DIRECTLY from a TL?

Until this script comes up with a way to effecitvely sell the minerals in a TL without having to ship them to a station- its worthless to me.

You need to focus on making the TL a mid point for the game mechanic of ore to credits conversion.

Ideally I believe that the prospectors should mine and dump at a TL. Then a CAG type TS would load up at the TL and sell throughout the universe.

This would be PERFECT- You could become a miner baron- roaming the universe in search of more minerals to fund your mining empire!

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”