X3: Terran Conflict Performance Upgrade Index (X3TC PUI)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

I think it ....

.. looks very good
50%
.. will be usefull
42%
.. is unnecessary
8%

Total votes: 158

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

X3: Terran Conflict Performance Upgrade Index (X3TC PUI)

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 15:15

Build v3.5
About

The X3TC PUI is an extension to the XSearch website which has been popular since i announced it. As with many people who have played X3TC, i have had problems running the game smoothly.
So the X Community have been hard at work producing mods to improve the performance of the game, I've certainly produced a mod. However this doesn't solve peoples problems easily, these mods are spread throughout the X universe site and they are difficult to find especially if they have been out for a while.

So my solution is to create a mod index especially with the idea to improve the games performance, the place which I'm building has links to the various topics in any site, I'm also hosting the files for index so they don't get lost, and then I'm trying to keep it neat and easy to use :) .

Link
Find the site here:

Any comments/criticism or If you can think of any mods to put on there I would happy to here from you :) .
Last edited by SSwamp_Trooper on Tue, 20. Jan 09, 20:18, edited 6 times in total.

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 15:18

handy,

:)

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 16:05

Moved to Scripts and Modding
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 16:12

Thanks

tc3
x3tc

Post by tc3 » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 16:19

I would also like to big it up for this one http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=167224 - the invisible tubes mod!

This has done wonders for my game, it was pointed out by Graxster a few weeks ago (thx again man!) and i thought it was worth reiterating the point as its just marvellous! All those megacomplex low FPS issues - gone! Works with TC sweet.

Its like a wireless setup basically - the stations are now utilising 802.11n :lol:

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 16:31

yeah, i was going to add that one. Do you know if there is an english topic for that?

Because i like to link to it so that people who visit the site can find a bit more information, if there isn't i can still add it. :)

(Seen your other post about it already :roll: )

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 18:09

Actually i don't need to have a english topic to link to, good old google translate will do the job fine.

Update
  • Got permission from ulfius
  • Updated mod table layout, its easier now
  • Added a news page
  • Furter integration into the XSearch site
  • Added complex tubeless mod
  • Added a download all button for the lazy people :P
  • Updated to build 1.4 Beta

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 18:29

Just a little suggestion here SS, as the outstanding "awaiting permissions" are all scripts you have appear to have not written I'd concentrate my efforts here for the time being.

A great idea for a topic as long as it is community based in the ethos is sharing in this area

:)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

tc3
x3tc

Post by tc3 » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 23:21

SSwamp_Trooper wrote:yeah, i was going to add that one. Do you know if there is an english topic for that?

(Seen your other post about it already :roll: )
yeah it was worth mentioning twice :p

No english topic, but its a simple 'stick in mods folder and run it' job. No further instructions needed.

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 00:02

i have linked to it by google translate aswell, so you can read it in English :) , laux also mentioned I can put his other mods on, which i have:

- No adsigns mod (Need checking as they still seem to be there when I tried it)
- No mini asteroids mod or debris mod (Need to find out if it is the same thing or which one it is)

As for permissions i have ulfius's and laux's permissions, still waiting to hear from Graxster hopefully not to long.

But halo hasn't posted on this forum since march iirc, so i may not get his permission.

novacatt
x4

Post by novacatt » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 13:28

Hiya Peeps,

Excellent work Sswampy!! :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Cheers & Thranx

ttl
x3tc

Post by ttl » Mon, 15. Dec 08, 17:35

Would suggest two more scripts here:

a) Remove rocks from universe (this can have HUGE effect in rocky sectors) by Graxter :

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218412

b) Race patrols by yours truly :

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=224070

This incorporates the "no civilians" as well, mind you.
Because of the "race skirmishes", and related military outpost introduced in X3TC, the patrols script does not work quite as well CPU-wise as it did back with X3R:XTM mod. Unless you want to remove the xxx.defendbase.xxx jobs as well from the Jobs file, which leads to much improved performance, and the patrols still give significant military presence (minus the occasional flareup).

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 01:04

Thanks i will try your script :wink: , I've added them to the index but I haven't uploaded them to my server yet i will do that tomorrow.

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 00:22

Latest News

[BUILD 2] New Layout
16/12/08
  • New Layout
  • Added download links to:
    • Remove Rocks from sector
    • ttl's mods
  • updated downloads all with new mods
  • Added download either RAR or SPK
  • Updated to build v2
[BUILD 1.6 BETA] New Mods
15/12/08
  • Added Remove Rocks from sector
  • Added Race Patrol mods
  • Added New-sub category
  • Updated to build 1.6 Beta

Coffee-Man
x3tc

Post by Coffee-Man » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 00:33

What about guides? Someone in the german S+M Board explained how to edit the sounds.pck to improve performance (he also proved that the pitchvariation of gunfire and gunhits are causing some problems on weak processors)?
I could translate it if you want to have it (will ask KOSH first, of course).

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 00:35

Yeah i will be happy to add it if you want to translate it :)

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 22:09

Just to let you know I'm working on the guides section now, you can find the really early stages of it here: http://www. [blocked due to google malware warning]/x3tc/guides.html

I will continue to work on it later tonight or tomorrow, got to go. Again as before comments are always welcome.

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Fri, 19. Dec 08, 13:41

[Build v2.1]New Guide Section + fixes
19/12/08
  • New Guide section
    • Added Observe's Performance Analysis
    • Added Kevso101's Performance Discussion
  • Updated combat mod 3's info to new style
  • Added a translate to german link, using google translate
    • Some pages may not work because they already use google translate to translate from german to english.
  • Updated to build v2.1
Btw sorry for so many posts, but I like to keep you up to date :) :D , if you got any guide/discussions/analysis/mods regarding X3TC performance I would like to hear them :wink:

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Sun, 21. Dec 08, 18:49

Ok some more additions:

Added .spk versions to....
.. Graxters's Remove Rocks Script
.. ttl's Remove Patrols
.. ttl's Remove Patrols and civilians
updated downloads.zip
Updated to build v2.2

I have also added a German translation of the site: [url]http://www.de. [blocked due to google malware warning][/url]. This translation is using Google translate so it will not be perfect and some pages that already use it may have conflicts. This is just an easy work around, and I won't do a manual translation unless it is nessesary.

If your mod is listed in the index please pm me if you want the download link so you can use it as a mirror download :).

EDIT: also is there a sticky which this can be listed in?

SSwamp_Trooper
x3tc

Post by SSwamp_Trooper » Wed, 24. Dec 08, 22:32

Ok its been 3 days since my last post so i guess i got to write something :P .

I've added Kadatherion's Toned down bullet effects Mod and ulfius's combat mod 3 beta 3 mod to the index, and basically finished that index, i still got the guide section to do.

But now I've finished collecting mods I have started work on improving the index, the last one was slow, big and bulky. sorry can't think of a x ship like that (too much modding :)) You can find the new index here: [url]http://www. [blocked due to google malware warning]/x3tc/X3TC%20PUI%20NEW/[/url]

Any comments or criticism welcome :)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”