[EMP]Extended Mod Pack (2.7 compatible) [Not needed for latest Plugin Manager]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 14:54

EMP is required for some scripts to function. If you dont use those scripts then you dont relly need it.

its exactly the same as the X3 version

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 18:10

Ok i've removed the setup script and followed cycrow's excellent idea over making it an init script

1. remove the script via the plugin manager if you have used the PM version

2. Download the new 1.1 unpacked version

3. Install it (see First Post)

4. Run via select mod package option choosing 'emp'

voila

If you have not used the PlugMan version then all you need to do is extract the updated files and go into your scripts folder, find the setup.a.a.a.emp script and delete it :)

I know when packing with cycrows PlugMan it created a 06cat/dat but the engine seems to be having issues recognizing false patches atm

Until i can suss if the issue is me or the PM or the vanilla use the unpacked version link
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Golf33
x3tc

Post by Golf33 » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 03:31

Should there be an 06.dat and 06.cat file in th emain X3TC folder?

Can you explain what a fake patch is?

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 19:34

At the moment the EMP has to be used as a mod, and placed into the mods folder, then select EMP in the mods directory on start up to get it to load.

A fake patch would be named as 6.dat/6.cat, etc and is just an unofficial patch that loads on start up. This is generally used for something like this mod so that players can also have another mod running at the same time.

This mod doesn't actually add anything to the game, it is mostly used by the scripters and will only need to be installed if the script requires it. The scripter will always let you know if you need this mod adding.

Golf33
x3tc

Post by Golf33 » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 02:37

Thanks for the explanation!

So should I delete the 06.dat and 06.cat files? I'm using the unpacked version of the EMP mod (using it for LV's jumpdrive kits) but I do have those files in my X3TC folder as well.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 20:41

Hi,

Getting a weird problem again here.

Things had been working great since my last set of problems, however I have another one now & I think it might be the Plugin Manager and EMP not getting along.

I noticed that my EMP.cat and .dat files had become corrupted, reporting the incorrect file sizes vs. what I'd downloaded. I recopied them & things appeared to be better. Came to play just now & noticed they'd been corrupted again. I'd just been in the Plugin Manager checking something...

Anyway, to get to the point. If I unzip the EMP 1.1 to my game directory everything copies fine. If I then launch the Plugin Manager (Beta 6) I can see the EMP files in the mod directory change size before my eyes when I exit the PM...weird it's doing something to them which appears to break them. At the same time I get a new 06.cat/dat created.

I know the Plugin Manager does stuff ready for when the game launches but it's having problems here. For example, running LV's Upgrade Kits...if I copy the EMP stuff & launch the game they work just fine. If however I go into the PM at any point then launch the game I have a blank ware showing up instead of a Kit.

Possibly something else is causing the problem but I've not really installed much else recently. Here's my Script list:

Cheat 1.41
Community Plugin Config 1.1
SEWN 1.2
Explorer Command Ext. 1.2
Freight Transporter Upgrade 1.2TC
Improved Boarding 1.1
Medusa RFMI 1.2TC
NPC Bailing Addon 1.6
Salvage Claim Software 1.0 - not sure, but this one appears to have dissapeared again...yep, definately not appearing in game any more...hmm
SpaceLootTransporter 3.6.2
TurboBooster 1.0
Upgrade Kits 1.4TC
Wing Hotkeys 1.1

Also manually installed CAG 3.1.0 I think it is.

Ok, just confirmed that it's when I exit the PM that the 06.cat/dat gets created - maybe that's correct. This time EMP in my Mods folder did not appear to get corrupted as I write protected it this time.

I'm probabaly just doing something daft however things were working fine up until recently. Any ideas welcome.

Cheers,

Scoob.

smbh

Post by smbh » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 14:45

So what is the correct procedure? In PM I have Custom Wares enabled and it sees emp as a mod as well as having Medusa ECM, Interface and Salvage Claim Software enabled. In X3 launcher I have both Pluginmanager and emp, which one should I use? Another strange thing, if I have Pluginmanager as a mod, there's no Salvage Claim Software in Teladi docks, if I have emp, it has it, but the textfile is wrong, it says something like ZA_EMP... . Also, with either enabled (Pluginmanager or emp) , I still have SS_WARE_SW_NEW1 appearing in Paranid docks ( as seen in this thread - http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=218241 )

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 19:08

SS_WARE_SW_NEW1

i think that's the one i used in medusa 1.0 before switching to emp wares but i'm perplexed as i'd have guessed that it would have been more widley reported in the medusa thread, have you tried turning the plugin off then on after 10mins seta as i wrote an uninstall code to install emp wares and remove vanilla wares

if your unsure on turning on/off see the link in my sig

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 20:00

@Scoob, if the EMP mod gets corrupted again can you save a copy and let me know, i will let you know where to send it so i can then unpack it and hopefully see what is going wrong.

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 14:45

Updated to 1.3 compatible

Fall Guy
x3tc

Post by Fall Guy » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 14:34

After updating to EMP 1.3. Cycrows SCS isn`t working it now shows as ZA_Customware _2 (I think) and doesn`t work but if I use the cheat menu it still shows as a separate entry in the list of wares. If I cheat it in, then it works. The entry in the EQ docks show the same as my freight menu with a price around 932,000 Cr instead of 4.5 million Cr. This is the only EMP customware that I use so not sure if it affects others or not.

Golf33
x3tc

Post by Golf33 » Tue, 9. Dec 08, 11:13

DIGSIN, the zip file doesn't contain any cat/dat files for the X3TC root folder - only cat/dat files are \Mods\emp.cat and \Mods\emp.dat

Should these files be renamed to 06.cat / 06.dat and placed in the X3TC root folder?

Or does the 1.3 EMP mod still need to be run using the "select mod package" option in the X3TC launcher?

DIGSIN
x4

Post by DIGSIN » Wed, 10. Dec 08, 23:36

Fall Guy, i am looking into your problem, could you tell me if you made a spk version or used the rar version.

Golf33, if you downloaded the mod from AD forums it should already be set as 06 cat/dat, if you downloaded it from the mirror it may have been renamed to EMP, you can rename it to 06 if you wish and place them in the root as it will now run as a fake patch.

Fall Guy
x3tc

Post by Fall Guy » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 22:03

I used the unpacked zip version

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 16:14

Hi there.

I opened a topic in the german Script-Board für this mod so translated mods can be used in the german version.

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=227846

I already translated the MEDUSA Skript so there was a need for the german t-file in the mod. ;)

If a german scripter needs a ware slot he or i will write it here.

Greetings

crazydeath

Post by crazydeath » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 17:20

k, i wanna use emp to avoid the hassle of creating another mod with twares ...

getting them into a script and such i understand (coded several things for myself since x2), but what i dont get is, how do i setup a price, volume and ware class???
i opened the cat with the x3 editor and all ware classes are tiny container and the volume is for all wares set to 0. but if i look at ur upgrade kit package, i dont see anything regarding that issues (setting price or whatever).

are those values implicitely calculated/set???

i need e.g. a ware XL with 500 volume and a price of 5 million credits.
any help would appreciated.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Mon, 5. Jan 09, 22:14

updated.

The more i tried to fix the issue of wares reverting back to ZA_~ the worse it got until i realised that it's best to load once only so scripts using emp overwrite the ZA commands

The ZA_ index now only loads once and i've not had any issues with wares reverting back in name, please try

download links in OP
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Axeface
x4

Post by Axeface » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 00:20

Is it ok to shove this update in over the other emp pack? Because I forget which .cat and dat file is my EMP, and I dont really want to whipe all my mods and reinstall :)

(As in delete the .cat/dat made by the plugin manager and put this in place?)

Tim-O
x3tc

Post by Tim-O » Sun, 1. Mar 09, 12:57

Hi guys,
I wanted to start a little scripting (no experience yet) and the first thing I wanted to do was to modify the medusa script. I wanted to add a check in the plugin.medusa.single and plugin.medusa.missile.array so that the holofire script is only called when the holo interface is actually installed. (I am a little bit annoyed of the warning message always coming up when I fire a medusa)
The first thing I wanted to do is create a variable that holds the Holo Interface ware so I could check if that ware is present on the ship. When I chose "Select Ware" for the value of the variable I did not find any Holo Interface or ZZ_WARE_... in the List. There were 17 ***UNDEFINED*** wares and some SS_WARE_NEW... but nothing about any EMP wares. Could you please tell me how to find the EMP wares and how to find out which one of them is the Holo Interface?

edit LV

I missed this but it should be posted in the medusa thread

i'm aware of this and the next update will fix it

Magnu
xr

Reunion script accidentally added to TC.

Post by Magnu » Sat, 7. Mar 09, 19:34

My son started a new game of Reunion and attempted to load some scripts. However, he made the mistake of installing them to my game of TC. He only got as far as installing the EMP before realising what he'd done but it's caused several of the dreaded 'Readtext' errors to appear in some station product lists.

Is there a way to undo what he's done? I've only just finished the the 'plots' and was looking forward to continuing after the 2.0 patch, I can't with these errors. It makes any game immersion impossible.

Thanks for any ideas.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”