[Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts, MD and mini-mods [APv2.5.1/TCv3]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

apricotslice
x4

[Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts, MD and mini-mods [APv2.5.1/TCv3]

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 05:21

[Scripts] Apricot Mapping Service Scripts

Download all scripts and Mods from my HQ website : http://apricotmappingservice.com

For TC files, click the X3 Terran Conflict link under Downloads.

For AP files, click the X3 Albion Prelude link under Downloads.

Please advise any problems you find.

Note for AP : All scripts seem to be working under AP. If in an spk, use PluginManager to instal them into AP. They should then work as soon as the game is started.

Apricot Tree is not tested yet. The sectors appear unused, but I dont yet know if all the gates they are linked to are still there or not.

Please note : If you are using AWRM, CPLS, PMTS, or Frontier Wars mods, any issues you have should be taken to the author of those mods FIRST. This is because these mods, by their method of installation, override all other mods and it therefore is the author of those mods responsibility to troubleshoot any conflicts caused.

Note for v3 : All scripts should be fine with v3. The Hub plot, while included in the patch, was identical to the 2.7 version.

Note for v2.7 : All scripts should be fine under 2.7. The Hub plots have been updated to 2.7. The 2.7 addition to the hq, was a catchup to an already modded change, so needed no update.

ST/UT for most ship types - Allows everything except M1, M2 and TL to be a ST or UT. Especially good where you have given your smaller ships extra cargo space. An M6 or M7 with added cargo space, becomes a Heavy transport capable of surviving long enough to jump.

Beamdock - to beam ships on and off any ship with docking ports, from anywhere in scanner range.

V2 uploaded 18-Jan-2012 - Adds the M7 as an acceptable carrier.

Known issue - Wont beam a TS or TP off of a TM. Will allow the same ships to beam to an M1 which will then beam them into space. Still working on it.

Cbeam - to slurp beam all containers in scanner range.
Abeam - to beam an astronaut in as a passenger.
Dbeam - to beam a Drone in.

All 3 are packaged together in the Cbeam pack.

There is no cargo space checking. If you do not have space in your cargo for what is floating in space, it will be destroyed.

Note : Abeam beams in a single astronaut at a time, and converts it into a passenger with player race. Best used if you do not want to be carrying slaves. DONT use if marines are present, as they will be converted to passengers as well and any skills lost. DONT use on Plot pickups.

Drones get converted into Drone Mk 2, as a free public service.

Do NOT use Abeam on a plot character The race of the pilot is changed in beaming, and a plot character will become broken by doing so.

Jump to Derelict - finds a random derelict ship and jumps you to it within 2km of it. Use at own risk ! :D

NEW AP version, updated for AP only.

Apricot Claim - my version of Cycrows original SOS Mk2.

Apricot Very Easy Hub Plot v4.1 for TC v3

I'm afraid I'm with those who think the requirements for the Hub missions are insane. I've reduced them to the following :

4 computer components, 5 microchips, 15 Teladianium, 45 Ore, 5 Nividium, 75 Crystals, 40 Silicon and 25 microchips. The payout you make is now 1 mill.

Please let me know if any inconsistencies turn up when playing.

Unzip into the X3TC directory and it should create a director folder and put the plot script in it.

Be aware that if you have already begun this plot, it will not change your current task, but should change for the next task.

Apricot Medium Hub Plot v4.1 for TC v3

I've reduced the requirements to the following :

40 computer components, 50 microchips, 1500 Teladianium, 4500 Ore, 50 Nividium, 750 Crystals, 4000 Silicon and 250 microchips. The payout you make is now 3 mill.

Unzip into the X3TC directory and it should create a directory folder and put the plot script in it.

Be aware that if you have already begun this plot, it will not change your current task, but should change for the next task.

Apricot Hard Hub Plot v4.1 for TC v3

Stage 1:
400 Computer components (unchanged)
500 Microchips (unchanged)

Stage 2:
15.000 Teladianium (original value divided by 10)
45.000 Ore (original value divided by 10)

Stage 3:
500 nividium (unchanged)
75.000 Crystals (original value divided by 10)

Stage 4:
40.000 Silicon wafers (original value divided by 10)
7.500 Microchips (original value divided by 10)

Credits : 10 mill.

Unzip into the X3TC directory and it should create a directory folder and put the plot script in it.

Apricot Extended PHQ Patch v4 for TC v3, v5.3 for AP 03 patch

Vastly increases the cargo space of the Player HQ to 500 mill.
Decreases RE'ing and build time dramatically.
Creditless building and repairing.
Also builds Factories, Shields, Missiles and Guns if you script on the blueprints. (Adding blueprints requires Cycrows Cheat Pack, or a custom written script. See page 52 for discussion on this).

Unzip into the TC directory, it will be placed correctly to override all patches and mods.

This patch will only work on a new HQ, so install the patch before you create your HQ.

Note, the original R version is still available, which installs as 07.

Note2 : AP version now available which unzips into addon\types and thus overrides vanilla, mods and false patches.

Note 3 : AP v5.3 now includes the new Terran PHQ.

Create Abandonned Ships

This script will create a single random abandonned ship somewhere in the universe each time the game is started.

The spk comes with 12 scripts in it. Installed from the spk, this will create 12 ships each time the game is started.

To have less, delete some of the scripts from the scripts directory of your game. To have more, copy the script using the script editor, renaming each one to a unique name.

PHQ and Military Outpost in Boron Shipyards

This adds the PHQ and Military Outpost into all Boron Shipyards.

Salvage Pack v1

This mini-pack includes Apricot Claim software, Jump to Derelict, and the create derelict ship scripts. Ideal for those who want to add a salvage role to their game play, without going to a full mod to do it.

Thanks to X1000, for the request.

Salvage Pack v2.4

This pack is designed to allow the player to play a true Salvage game. It includes the following :

Jump to Derelict hotkey.
Apricot Claim hotkey.
12 x Apricot Abandonned ships - created on game load.
Apricot Container Beam hotkey - turbo version.
Apricot Drone Beam hotkey.
Apricot Astronaut Beam hotkey.
Apricot Strip Ship.
Apricot Dump Out all ships.
NPCBail by ThisisHarsh - modified for no time limit for collection.

The Apricot Claim hotkey now does the following :
1. Claims the ship.
2. Strips all buyable fittings from it and dumps them into space.
3. Auto beams the ship onto an M1, M2 or TL with available ship slots.

It is assumed that the capped ship is either going to be sold or scrapped. So all fittings are removed, so they can be sold separately for a better price than you get selling them on the ship. Scrapping a ship with fittings is just a waste of fittings.

After claiming, use Cbeam hotkey to scoop up the goodies. Or you can set another ship to auto-collect. Warning : Any fitting that already exists on your ship that can only be on once (eg. software), will be destroyed. Also, the cargo space available check has been disabled, so once the cargo bay is full, anything else will simply be destroyed. (I got sick of the constant messages generated by this because of software already being on the ship.) So monitor your cargo bay.

When you get to a shipyard or your PHQ for scrapping, hit the Dump out all ships hotkey, and all ships will be beamed off near the center of the sector.

Another neat feature of this version of the Apricot Claim hotkey, is that you can target your own ships to beam them back on board. Target, claim, done.

The inclusion of NPCBail makes a huge difference to the game play. Its now possible for Jump to Derelict to drop you directly into the middle of a firefight. Its common to suddenly find yourself in the middle of 4 Xenon Q's, and you will visit the Xenon sectors very regularly. Its quite frequent for you to pop into a sector immediately after a pilot bails, while the shooter is still right there firing !

This pack is not for the faint hearted. I've never had a higher combat rank than playing using this pack, because combat is guarenteed. I've also explored most of the universe, just by random jumping.

BYO change of underwear.

I've deliberately not set this up for a TP, because quite frankly, no TP would survive it. And why limit yourself to collecting 4 ships at a time, when the Xenon sectors often have 6 or more. I collect an M1 full at a time, then go sell them or scrap them.

Suggestion : Always save the money before you Jump to Derelict ! If you jump into Earth sector outside the safe zone, you will be toast before you can say "Lost profitzzzzz". And occasionally, jump to derelict will drop you on top of an asteroid, or some other big object, simply because it cannot find a safe place for you to jump into. If this happens, there is a log entry in 001.log in the egosoft area near the game saves, which lists the last jump made. That at least gives you the sector that killed you, so you can jump in safely and remove the ships from a distance. Another thing that happens about 1 in a 1000, is the ship you jump to is in the atmosphere of a planet, and you cannot jump there, so doing so tends to be fatal. Waiting a while fixes the problem, because the ship will be destroyed, but if you were not saving, the first game over will cost you.

Apricot Salvage Pack 2.5 for AP
Same as 2.4 but files repositioned for AP and Jump to Derelict hotkey issue fixed.

Apricot Rename Hub Sector

This is a tiny mod that allows you to change the name of the HUB sector to whatever you like.

Unzip into the TC folder. Zip contains a readme, a text file and a script.

In order to change the name and description of the sector, you must edit with notepad, the file t/8687-L044.txt and change the Apricot name and description to whatever you like. Then start the game and the sector should have the new name showing.

Please let me know if you find any issues.

New Apricot Tree SuperHub

Creates 3 new sectors adjacent to the Hub, forming a "Tree" linking 14 sectors all around the universe, so the HUB can link 2 gate pairs to effectively join 14 sectors to it.

The end result is the hub links all corners of the universe and only the NE Xenon area has the longest jump range to get anywhere. What it means is that now each race is joined to its outlying areas within only a few jumps, and any freighter can travel the universe to buy or sell and only go less than 10 jumps. So stations can now sell everywhere with a low jumps setting.

The hub sector becomes a great place to put a trading dock, with all races passing through it. And it still has a spare gate pair to join with your main industrial sector.

Dedicated thread is Here.

Xenon Incursion version.
The Xenon have hacked the gate network and now pour into the heart of the race worlds. What are you going to do about it ?

Alternate version of v2.01, do not run concurrently.
Not compatible with other mods using jobs.txt.

Xenon Incursion version for Merge Mod add-on.
Install Xenon Incursion zip as the last patch (unzip into the TC folder, rename the mod in the mods folder to the next available patch number and move to the TC folder). Merge Mod should be the selected mod. Then unzip the addon zip into the TC folder, to add jobs.txt to the types folder to override the Merge Mod.

TC Plots Complete for AP

This is a re-worked version of Dillpickles All Plots Complete MD.
All plot ship rewards now appear in Argon Prime.
The Final Fury payout has been increased.
Hub is turned over to player.

TC Plots Complete for AP - Terran version

The same, but all ships appear in Mars.

TC Plots Complete for AP - Hub and PHQ for Terrans

Gives the Hub to the player.
Puts the TL carrying the PHQ into Mars.

Extended Blueprints for PHQ Cheat

Modified Cheat menu script to include the adding of the blueprints of stations and wares to your PHQ

What I've got it to do is as follows :

Target HQ and select add blueprints option as usual.

Ship list is presented. Select ship or hit esc.
Station list is presented. Select station or hit esc.
Wares list is presented. Select ware or hit esc.

Only 1 selection from each menu, but its a step forward.

Caution with adding wares. Making food out of ore and computer components doesnt make sense. And while it will allow you to make software, a high cost in resources also doesnt make sense.

You will need a modified hq.xml file that includes stations and wares in the production area. The Extended PHQ mod for TC should work, as will the version in the AP AMS mod if you use the mod.

AP Placemarker Patches, to avoid Steam overwrites of your mods.

I've uploaded a small zip file to my AP Download site, that contains false patches numbered 04 to 15.

Rename any patches named 04 or higher to 16 and higher, then Unzip into the addon folder.

This puts in place a set of dummy patches, which it wont matter if Steam overwrites when doing an update patch.
Last edited by apricotslice on Sat, 30. Mar 13, 05:33, edited 56 times in total.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 07:22

its called "Mapping service" shouldnt it map the unknown sectors for you? find all the stations??

Thanks

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 07:37

Apricot Mapping Service is my in-game entity, the corporation I play in the game.

Ideally, I'd love to have a script that updated that kind of info, and charged you a fee for it :D

As it happens, if you use the cheat script, you get all that anyway.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 08:18

but that CHEATING!!!
i took grax's free jump, then made it charge me 30 per energy cell, so i pay a premium to go without the hassle!!!

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 08:39

Theres no such thing as cheating in this game, theres only what fits your game plan. As far as it suits me, I start this game knowing 90% of the sectors anyway, so I should see them on my map. After I've visited all the new sectors, I will know them anyway, so starting a new game is always done with all sectors showing. Just as a note, I never start a new X game as a newb, I always start where the last game left off, minus a few odds and ends. I dont like the "start again from scratch" mentality, thats why I script and mod !

If you want to be charged for the whole map, then add a line to the script for the map, to charge you 10,000 credits every time you start the game, or if your good enough at scripting, charge it every game hour. If that floats your boat, then its fine with everyone.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 08:48

no, i dont want to be charged like that

how bout a line that costs 10K per zone, and 5K per station found?

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 09:00

Fine if you can script it. Thats way beyond my ability though. Your still talking a fortune tho.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 17:44

sorry, my scripping skill ends at changin the cost of the "Free" jump with a guide

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 13:58

Downloads for existing scrips now available.

Please treat these as Beta version for the time being, and report any issues you find.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 01:29

apricotslice wrote:Downloads for existing scrips now available.

Please treat these as Beta version for the time being, and report any issues you find.
The Jump to Derelict does your script make new ones? are they claimable?
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 02:05

No, it just finds them and takes you to them.

I do have a create derelict script from X3R, that creates a random ship in a random place each time you start the game. Duplicate the script and you get how many scripts worth of creations each time you start.

I havent yet upgraded it to X3TC, but its on the list.

It was part of the Salvage Mod.

I'll add it here when its upgraded.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Tue, 16. Dec 08, 15:01

Updated Cbeam spk has been uploaded.

All 3 commands are now working.

Abeam beams aboard an astronaut as a passenger with player race, retaining the name.

Dbeam will allow the beaming of any drone.

Krewzur
x4

Post by Krewzur » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 21:37

apricotslice wrote:Dbeam will allow the beaming of any drone.
Is it just drones or can it beam aboard satellites, lasertowers, mines, etc

and whats different about you claim script.
Corsair 400c // Intel i7 8700k // H100i v2 // ASUS Maximus X Code // ASUS 1080ti Strix OC // 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz // Samsung 960 Evo 250GB // 960GB SanDisk Ultra II // Corsair RM850i

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Wed, 17. Dec 08, 23:04

I'm currrently unable to d/l the ST/UT for most ship types, just seems to time out on me.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 00:31

The site seems to be down at the moment. I've put in a support ticket to find out.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 00:43

ok so its not me being daft this time, good to know ;)

Legionnaire
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 00:47

Apparently not :D

My site host is pretty good, this doesnt happen very often, so hopefully it will only be a short interruption.

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 01:44

Site is back up (mostly). Download should work now.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 01:54

Got it. Thanks

Legionnaire
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

apricotslice
x4

Post by apricotslice » Thu, 18. Dec 08, 01:56

Let me know if it has any issues. Its one thing I havent gotten around to testing yet.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”