[AL PLUGIN] The Marauder Shipyard - v0.5 - updated: 23.01.2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

shinpl
x4

Post by shinpl » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 00:48

Agreed!! Still i dont see much use for those experimental weapons :-P

On the Terran fabs topic, i was thinking a bit, lets skip it for now and pray to god that the next patch will fix something about terran weapons. :-)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 02:29

Haha! The tuning sequence is so funny! I just tuned my Q to 162.5 m/s which is nice, and cost me short of 6 mill. Nice one.

I just wonder, is the tuning a one-time-shot thing? Or can I tune other ships this way as well? Maybe the mechanic will wake up every time I bring a new ship? :)

SpenzOT
xr

Post by SpenzOT » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 02:43

xiriod wrote:Haha! The tuning sequence is so funny! I just tuned my Q to 162.5 m/s which is nice, and cost me short of 6 mill. Nice one.

I just wonder, is the tuning a one-time-shot thing? Or can I tune other ships this way as well? Maybe the mechanic will wake up every time I bring a new ship? :)
What I do is leave a ship at the marauder shipyard with spaceweed, jump out of the system, jump back in, dock with the marauder, transfer the 25 space weed to my ship, and I get a message.

So far I have done it 8 times, and boosted my raptor to 286 m/s or so and the springblossom to over 400 m/s(M1's and M2's do not perform very well at these speeds let me tell you).

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 02:50

I scripted one of these baby's in as my mobile HQ aswell slow but very useful.
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 03:47

The PBC is a cool weapon, not unbalanced considering the cost and time invested to make, they go for just under $1 million a piece, 5hours game time to make. I think this is close to a PPC, which is much more powerful.

Flaks are better close range, but the PBC has almost 6km range so thats it's specialty.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 04:30

Actually there is no need to leave the system, in fact you don't even have to undock.
Spoiler
Show
10 minutes (game) time Ganja will need to cool down after one tuning session - and after that if he can smell his medicine you will hear from him again... ;)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 11:38

Hehe, great! I always knew somehow that the Boron were tokers ;)

Raven52
x3tc

Post by Raven52 » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 12:11

HI all, in X3 reunion marrani went legit, is he back to being a pirate cause i just pissed of all the pirates by taking over 4 of there systems and marani's shipyard wont give me the time of day (bloody shipwrights cant trust them further than the closest pub )
Pull the grenade throw the pin .... OH BUGGER this is gonna hurt.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 13:12

Ah, come one, The Don never went legit!
He was just playing both sides... and maybe took it a little over the edge, that's why the Paranid hate him so much now. 8)

Raven52:
The Marauder is owned by the Pirate race... does it deny you docking rights?

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 13:25

Raven52 wrote:HI all, in X3 reunion marrani went legit, is he back to being a pirate cause i just pissed of all the pirates by taking over 4 of there systems and marani's shipyard wont give me the time of day (bloody shipwrights cant trust them further than the closest pub )

You mean take over with a system takeover script, or just eradicate? I though Marani was an outsider really. I've blasted a lot of pirates, but always been allowed to dock at the Marauder so far.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 22:27

Starting a new game, I finally found some Boarding Pods. They "disappear" from the Pirate Stations soon thereafter almost never to be seen again. So I wondered, wouldn't it be "normal" if Marani's Marauder also sold these? At 20% more or so, max 2 stored with 12 hour replenish rate or something like that? Just an idea :)

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 22:46

There would be a slight problem with that.
If I simply add the boarding pod to the shipyard it would treat it like a station (i.e. unlimited stock, "load into" buy interface if you want to purchase one - know what I mean? There's no trading station/EQ buying interface available)
It would work however it would not be pretty. And I only do pretty stuff. :roll:

There will be a shady equipment dealer setting up shop at the shipyard at some later point; he may very well sell some boarding pods, too.
But the MD script to add this guy has not even entered planning phase... I am pretty busy with the upcoming holidays here atm.

Still, if you have enough cash for a vessel that can use boarding pods, you could as well buy the boarding pod factory and produce your pods in any quantity you need ;)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 22:49

I am at a new game now, as I said, so I haven't found the Marauder this time but did it sell the Boarding Pod factory? I can't remember if it did. But if that is the case, then I'll save up to buy one some day for sure :)

I've never used BPs though, so I do not know if they really make that much of a difference in battle.

EDIT: I just captured one of those freighters called Pirate Ship. I sent it to a shipyard but there is no price of it alas it can not be sold. Maybe they were never meant to be captured?

Raven52
x3tc

Post by Raven52 » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 03:30

Teladidrone wrote:Ah, come one, The Don never went legit!
He was just playing both sides... and maybe took it a little over the edge, that's why the Paranid hate him so much now. 8)

Raven52:
The Marauder is owned by the Pirate race... does it deny you docking rights?
Teladidrone
Yeah no docking i just sit outside the dock throwing insults,... and the occasional beer bottle at them :lol: can change with cheat change relation object or something, forgot name but while you can dock with cheat(and buy stations) no more missions cause it seems to be compleatly pirate not (friendly race). go suck on space fuel is the usual reply :x

Xirod
Yeah takeover script 1.2 i think it was, through plugin mananger seems to have no affect if your just blasting scum :wink: but take over a pirate sector and the Don will give you the one finger salute :evil:
Pull the grenade throw the pin .... OH BUGGER this is gonna hurt.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 03:50

Raven52 wrote: Xirod
Yeah takeover script 1.2 i think it was, through plugin mananger seems to have no affect if your just blasting scum :wink: but take over a pirate sector and the Don will give you the one finger salute :evil:

Ahh, shite. I was just about to install that one to take over some sectors. I guess I better take some unknowns then while I wait to see what happens here. It would be nice if Don was kind of a pirate outcast. hehe :)

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 03:55

When The Marauder is spawned, I do set the shipyard's relation with the player to neutral to ensure docking rights.
And there are no checks if the player is friendly/hostile/whatever to the Pirates in any of my scripts.

You could try and reset my plugin (turn it off and then on again after a minute or so) and the shipyard should respawn in some random Pirate sector with neutral relation towards you.
However, I dunno this sector takeover thingy and what it may or may not do behind my back...

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 04:35

Teladidrone,
could you also add the Wildfire Missle Fab to the Marauder's inventory?

The readme on the Wildfire, reads that early prototypes were stolen by pirates. It's probably the best anti-M4 (or M3--once shields are down) missle in the game...and no fabs for it anywhere.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 05:31

Looks like those missiles are indeed only prototypes because no factory model - not even a broken one - for them exists in Tfactories.

Building a Wildfire factory would require either stealing and reusing some already existing factory model that the player can not obtain through normal game play (e.g. the Seeker Missile Production Complex) or modding Tfactories; and modding Tfactories is a path I really, really do not want to go because this would force me to update the mod for every Ego patch. And on top of that would make The Marauder Shipyard incompatible to any other script/mod that may modify Tfactories...

Still, I just got me a Nova loaded with these babies for testing and they deliver a good punch indeed - but I would rather add them for sale at my planned shady equipment dealer at some later point than building a dedicated factory just for them.

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 01:43

You're right..a Wildfire Missle Fab was probably never in the Dev's mind in the first place. Like the Beluga and Hammerhead, they were designed only to be battlefield spoils. Period.

In keeping with the Marauder's piratical origins, what about adding fabs that produce their weapons, like the PBG, or even the IBL?

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 03:11

Hieronymos wrote: In keeping with the Marauder's piratical origins, what about adding fabs that produce their weapons, like the PBG, or even the IBL?
Both already done.
Please read first posting in this thread for list of all included factories. 8)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”