[SCRIPT] Deploy satellites in target sector. (costs cr) V.4 12/01/08

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

PaulP
x4

[SCRIPT] Deploy satellites in target sector. (costs cr) V.4 12/01/08

Post by PaulP » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 00:55

This is just a simple script to deploy satellites in different layouts. It allows you to select a sector, then select the layout - then it takes the appropriate credit amount and deploys the satellites. Note that it does not send ships to add the satellites - it just creates them on the spot. Some might call it a cheat, I made it as a convenience to quickly remake sat networks when I start new games.

As of v.3 this script is compatible with Cycrow's Community Configuration Menu hotkey, but it does not require it. Get it here if you want.

Installation:
Put the add.satellites.to.sector.xml file in your scripts folder.
If you wish to make use of the Community Configuration Menu hotkey, put the setup.paulp.scripts.xml file in there too (requires Cycrow's Community Plugin Configuration script). If you do not have Cycrow's script, do not install the setup file.

Instructions for use:
With Cycrow's Community Plugin Configuration script: Press hotkey, select Add Satellites to Sector option. Then select target sector and option.

Without Community Plugin Configuration Script: Open up script editor, find and run add.satellites.to.sector. It is most likely at the top of the list. Select null for the first window. Then select target sector and option.

Options are:
1. Deploys 4 satellites in a 2x1x2 square at 10km Y.
2. Deploys 8 satellites in a 2x2x2 cube.
3. Deploys 9 satellites in a 3x1x3 square at 10km Y.
4. Deploys 18 satellites in a 3x2x3 cuboid.
5. Sells specified number of satellites in sector.
6. Custom setting. Allows you to select number of satellites on each axis (x, then z, then y), plus selection for position if only 1 is on that axis. Also asks for distance between satellites, unless only 1 satellite is used.

Costs are 20,500 per satellite if you do not currently have the satellites in sector. If you already have the satellites (say, by flying there and ejecting them), there is only a small charge for deployment - around 2000.

*Note*
As of v.3, all options will recycle existing satellites, up to the number of satellites being deployed in that option.

By default, the satellites are all deployed 48km apart. The Custom option allows you to use whatever distance you want.

-Update v.2: I added a sell satellites option. This eats all your satellites in a sector (even those not placed by the script) and gives you 10,000cr for each. Also adjusted the default distance between satellites down to 48km, since I thought I saw a ship go off radar near the center of a sector.

-Update v.3: Added a very basic menu system. Made each of the layout functions detect and recycle existing satellites up to the number that will be used in that particular layout. Added number option to sell satellites, so you can now sell some instead of all. Added compatibility with Cycrow's Community Configuration Menu.

v.4: Script completely redone using While loops to deploy all satellites. Four default settings are now in the menu which set things for you, plus a custom menu letting you select the way the satellite network is deployed. Also added a confirmation yes/no with the cost displayed.

[ external image ] (v.4.zip)

NOTE: Apparently, filefront is dieing. All my links were thus broken. I moved all my X3TC files to drop.io - they have a 1 year expiration date on files, so it should stay a while.
Last edited by PaulP on Tue, 9. Jun 09, 18:07, edited 7 times in total.

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 01:02

Interresting but cna't you make a menu?

PaulP
x4

Post by PaulP » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 02:25

Eh, I guess I COULD, but it wouldn't really be much different from opening the script editor and using "r" on the first script in the list.

I just kept it simple - 1 script file, no possibility of conflicts.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 06:15

host site saying the file is not avalible

PaulP
x4

Post by PaulP » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 06:59

Thats odd, it downloads fine for me. I put it up on filefront too, maybe that one will work for you.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 00:35

On the topic of a menu, you could maybe just add a hotkey. Although i always hate removeing scripts sometimes that add a hotkey since half the time it never gets removed.

Posible to add in a check when you do a sector, if other sats are there from earlyer? I had a sector that i originaly placed 18 at, 1 was destroyed, so i ran the 18 there again, which gave me 18 new satalites plus teh 17 i had there from before.

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 01:01

Can`t you tie this in with cycrow configuration manager. Seems like the kinda thing that would be good for it.

PaulP
x4

Post by PaulP » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 09:02

asser69,

I was actually just adding the thing to not duplicate satellites (I had lost a single satellite too, haha). Now it will eat old satellites when you select the option. This does limit the ability to place other satellites (any satellite in sector could be eaten), but I've yet to need to place more than what you're given in the 3 options available. This also lets you deploy satellites cheaper, for 4000 cr you can deploy 4 or 8 satellites by just ejecting them and running the appropriate command. It eats the ones you ejected and places new ones at the appropriate spots, named and everything.

dragonsblade71uk,

Good idea. I hadn't even noticed that script until you mentioned it. I added a setup file (the script normally doesn't use one) to the package, just slap that into your scripts folder and it will call the appropriate script.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 10:31

lol, ya, the satalite was dead in the center also. made a really nice design but i figured id see what happened if i did the command again.

Mmmm, i didnt even think of the configuration manager. that would work well actually. eliminates the hotkey issue if the script was removed, and its been working nicely for me so far with a bunch of scripts i have that use it.

PaulP
x4

Post by PaulP » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 04:08

Updated to v.4

v.4: Script completely redone using While loops to deploy all satellites. Four default settings are now in the menu which set things for you, plus a custom menu letting you select the way the satellite network is deployed. Also added a confirmation yes/no with the cost displayed.

I limited the size to 8 in any given axis. You would probably never even want that many, but I set it high just in case. Not setting a limit was dangerous, since if you accidentally put huge numbers in it might freeze up. I tested it just to see by setting them to 1000x1000x1000 and it froze my comp for a bit just from calculating the price of 1,000,000,000 satellites before returning that I didn't have enough credits.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 04:12

aww, there goes my plan for a time machine, 1,000,000,000 satellites to plot the exact point of every single atom, i COULD RULE THE GALEXIE!

Lol, Great work

Kosta F
x3ap

Post by Kosta F » Mon, 23. Mar 09, 12:04

Does this mod let you give orders to deploy sats in every unmonitored secotr?

Was one is Orig X3 that did

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 03:02

Yes I'm looking for a similar script, something to give orders to one of my ships so that it deploys satellites for me automatically around the universe without needing interaction and replacing any that get destroyed preferably....

Kosta F wrote:Does this mod let you give orders to deploy sats in every unmonitored secotr?

Was one is Orig X3 that did
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Mon, 6. Apr 09, 03:44

This script doesn't instruct a ship to deploy your sats.

It uses "an advanced form of the gateless jump drive coupled with the transporter device" to immediately place satellites in the locations you want ;)

Massively more useful (possibly rephrased as "unbalanced") as you can immediately place satellites in any sector you want to monitor. So long as you have the cash...

Tim

hairyhermit
x4

Post by hairyhermit » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 16:33

MARS does something similar but doesn't let you buy them on the fly so you definitely have something there.

Are they advanced sats though?
“One has to understand what the enemy is all about: the enemy's history, the enemy's culture, the enemy's aspirations. If you understand these well, you can perhaps move towards peace.”

perkint
x3tc

Post by perkint » Sat, 11. Apr 09, 22:40

Pretty sure it is adv sats only :)

VMIGuyver
x3tc

Post by VMIGuyver » Thu, 12. Aug 10, 13:49

I love this script. Very very useful.

StarCrack
x3tc

Post by StarCrack » Sat, 25. Sep 10, 08:29

now if it only had a hot key

disasteroid

Post by disasteroid » Tue, 4. Jan 11, 01:31

drop.io looks to be down, anyone have a copy of this online?

nuttyprot
x3tc

Post by nuttyprot » Mon, 31. Jan 11, 10:05

Could anyone repost this please as main link is dead

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”