[AL PLUGIN]Conflicts Official Release Thread - v0.85 released -> Collaboration works!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 02:57

JJP, the menu is located under "custom" in your ships command console.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 04:54

Mavor, some things I think need to be seriously thought about.

For one, when you say they will attack only military stations, does that mean Shipyards, equipment docks and military stations? The problem with this is, without shipyards we can't buy ships, no equipment docks, we cant upgrade, and no military stations means the default game wont work the same as patrols and the default games military responses are tied to the military bases.

I read that when a sector changes hands, an equipment dock is spawned so that fixes that issue, however, the shipyard issue is a serious one. There is a considerable amount of conflict going on in the universe, and I can guarantee lots of shipyards will be blown up. There aren't that many shipyards to begin with so this will be a problem. In my game, Kingdom end was completely wiped out and so was Omicron lyrae so that is 2 shipyards gone.

Military bases aren't as big a deal but something should still be done i suppose. I still think it would be best for you to add a sort of "Conflict Military base" to the script which is spawned in every sector and the conflict ships have to destroy this station to take over the sector. You can make the station have lots of shielding and hull so it doesn't go down easily. When the new race takes over the sector, a new "Conflict Military Base" is spawned for that race.

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 05:08

Well it makes sense that the winning side should slowly crush the losing side, don't you think?

And shipyards will spawn in taken over sectors, i implemented that in 0.81 :D

nolon
x3

Cheers

Post by nolon » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 06:00

I know it doesn't bring anything to your thread or its problems but I wanted to say thanks for the script, it's gonna ensure a more interesting game. It's too much work for the likes of this grunt, so cheers!
I'm just a space-cadet, he's the commander

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 06:44

Mavor wrote:Well it makes sense that the winning side should slowly crush the losing side, don't you think?

And shipyards will spawn in taken over sectors, i implemented that in 0.81 :D

That is good to know.. With that is it safe to say you designed it to spawn 'non-standard' stations to insure the game can still keep its economy on track... even if for a while a lack or slow down of products available might occur due to combat? Like Shipyards, do military facilities respawn eventually as well if destroyed, except under whoevers ownership now owns the sector?

And lastly are the taken over sectors still open to all races for trade and standard station building (as long as they are not enemies of course) once things quiet down in the sector after battle?
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

SpenzOT
xr

Post by SpenzOT » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 07:33

Ok something I need to get off my chest before I go nuts. You NEED to remove pop-up messages from the script. I don't know how many times I have almost gotten killed when a big, fat, unavoidable message popped up right in front of my view and told me that the Argon have pranked the Boron and now have 200 pizza's enroute to Rolks Fate.

A ticker at the bottom is great. A message in my log, ok I guess. a Big fat popup that I cannot turn off which compromises my controls and my view is NOT ok.

This needs to be removed, or at least give an option to remove the messages, or better yet, only send a message if you own assets in the system under attack (like the invasion warning script).

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 08:06

SpenzOT wrote:Ok something I need to get off my chest before I go nuts. You NEED to remove pop-up messages from the script. I don't know how many times I have almost gotten killed when a big, fat, unavoidable message popped up right in front of my view and told me that the Argon have pranked the Boron and now have 200 pizza's enroute to Rolks Fate.

A ticker at the bottom is great. A message in my log, ok I guess. a Big fat popup that I cannot turn off which compromises my controls and my view is NOT ok.

This needs to be removed, or at least give an option to remove the messages, or better yet, only send a message if you own assets in the system under attack (like the invasion warning script).

This just happened to me as well... In battle closing on large cap ship in my F302 when my view and controls get blanked due to a pop-up message... next thing I know 'SLAM' into the side of the ship I was aiming at...

I have not found any option to turn this off either so it needs to be done.

I have also found a couple other issues...

1) When I start a new game, ALL Pirate sectors become fodder for all races right away... I start getting messages about all the pirate sectors being over run by races.... and the pirates are not even putting up any kind of fight... which they should be doing for their sectors they control.

2) I see a lot of messages that say a fleet is headed to 'NULL'. What does that mean?

3) What notoriety setting keeps races from attacking ME? I had a small but positive rating with Paranid.. next thing I know my first sector I took from Pirates was now under attack by paranid... My notoriety was not very high but it was positive with Paranid....

I think this is a great script but it does need a few tweaks to really make it superb!
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 10:04

It is good Shipyards are respawned, but I read you said it was a small chance, which is a concern of mine I suppose.

The frequency of invasions could be lessoned I think, there are quite too much perhaps?

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 11:03

The paranid ships should not have been attacking any stations/ships that you own unless you are red to them... their notority works the same as vanilla where if you start to go red on them, they will consider your sector as being an enemy sector.

The null sector thing is a bug in the script i'm using to display the message. Sometimes the message will displayed before the script has found a solution to the current fleet target ^-^.... i'll have that fixed in the next version.

And i'm removing the forced popup.. sorry about that guys, my bad. :)

Thanks for all the feedback

**Edit: As to the so called "pirate" sectors being flipped at the start... this seems logical to me. How could there exist a "pirate" sector two jumps away from the core sector of a major racial power? It just doesn't make any sense.

I really don't want to give "pirates" a standing military like the current empires. The yaki have a small empire of sorts because they are organized, but the pirates do not, and should not.

Can anyone offer suggestions besides just keeping pirate sectors as pirate sectors for the entire game?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 12:03

This is what I think.

You have to take things into context. Remember, each sector is in fact a different solar system, the exception being the Terran sectors. Which is why they don't use gates, they use Trans orbital accelerators. So it is very easy to see why Pirate sectors might exist next to a race sector. For one, the races dont have the manpower to police those sectors. That is why these sectors are for the most part near "Border" sectors, not core sectors. There may be some exceptions though. These are unpoliced solar systems where Pirates roam free.

This is what I think could be done. Don't have the Races attack these sectors and take them. Leave them be. My reasoning for this is: Players take a considerable amount of time to be able to get to the level of where they can control sectors, nevermind several. So leave the pirate sectors so that in the later game, players could take these sectors for their own to start their empire. Also players might not want to attack other races and make enemies until they are established. Once a player takes a pirate sector, it becomes available for attack if they have any enemies with the races.

I think something also needs to be done about the Xenon as they lost sectors way too easily. The Xenon are feared and powerful, they should not lose sectors so easily. Remember, the reason why the races haven't taken these sectors is because they are afraid of the losses they would sustain. The Xenon are not to be trifled with.

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 12:19

Well I haven't tried the latest version with the toned down fleets but I didn't like the battle sizes in general. I would love to have large battles, but this game does not run well at all with that number of ships. I pretty much gave up when every battle was a slideshow.

I'm perfectly happy seeing a military force be a single M2 or M1 with fighter wing backup, the idea that the battles need 4+ cap ships & 50+ fighters is just overkill and impossible to participate in. I just think the military forces are too large, it seems a race has endless ships when I last played.

I agree about the Xenon, mentioned early on that they are very fragile the way the universe is, and will need some extra support to balance this war stuff out.

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 12:34

In 0.82 you can cap the total amount of ships allowed in the universe to < 100 if you want tiny battles: )

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 13:08

MAvor how do you take over a pirate sector anyway? I mean if I want to take it over.

Marodeur
xr

Post by Marodeur » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 13:49

Hi.

I love conflicts. :D

So i downloaded and extracted the .spk to take a look into the t-file for translation into german. :D

Looks like the t-file is in a... ähm... very "basic" state, frapos? Maybe you can send a pm if the t-file has advanced to the point where i have to translate something? :)

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 14:46

To take a pirate sector -- Eliminate all military stations in the sector and make sure you have more military forces in the zone then any other races.

As to the translation... T-file will be fleshed out soon... ^^

linus_org
x3

Post by linus_org » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 16:40

Hi Mavor,
if you like to have some respawn protection, feel free and take the script Sectortakeover.x.stoprespawn from the sectortakeover2,5 script and use it as you wishh. had my fight with it as well and took soem time before i really stop the respawn.
basicly its a task running on a sectorobject that does the cleaning, in my case the object will be setup in SectorTakeover.x.shq.setup.
have fun. in case of question just let me know
Regards
Linus

Denamic
x4

Post by Denamic » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 21:59

I'm really liking this script, but I do have a few gripes about it.
Such as the Xenon sectors being taken over almost instantly.
And the message spam. Oh, god, the message spam!
I can't begin to tell you how annoying it is to have 5-10 messages pop up in the middle of combat.
Not only annoying, I've actually died twice solely because of it.
The other times was more because my guns were too small, but the messages certainly didn't help.
How about only enabling messages for sectors that are 1-2 jumps away from you, or for ones that you have stations in?
Actually, I wouldn't complain if the messages spam was removed completely and the whole thing only using the border at the bottom of the screen.
Violence only works if you use it.

SpenzOT
xr

Post by SpenzOT » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 00:13

Denamic wrote:I'm really liking this script, but I do have a few gripes about it.
Such as the Xenon sectors being taken over almost instantly.
You know what is funny? Right now the Xenon are on a massive campaign spanning between Black Hole Sun and Grand Exchange. They are basically taking over every system from the Xenon core all the way to Black Hole Sun.

Meanwhile the Terrans have allied with the xenon (!!) and have taken Omicron Lyre, and are now advancing towards PTNI Headquarters.

What a war indeed. I am fighting the paranid personally. Man they hate my guts.

Denamic
x4

Post by Denamic » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 01:20

That is pretty cool.
Cool, but it feels a bit too random.
I feel some tweaking is in order.
Meanwhile, I'll keep busy annihilating the split.
Even though I like their ships.
Oh well, I'll just steal some.
Violence only works if you use it.

Ymarsakar

Post by Ymarsakar » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 04:32

Mavor, have you done any research concerning modding those generated missions and how to get it to spawn scripted wars and campaigns?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”