[AL PLUGIN]Conflicts Official Release Thread - v0.85 released -> Collaboration works!

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 21:33

Hmm, haveing a issue with going into a sector, and getting the black screen that just stay's up.

Went from , Reservoir Of Tranquillity, east to, Barren Shores.
RoT was owned by split, while BS was still in Boron control.

Happened when i took the jump gate normaly. Loaded up a save and jumped to BS and still had the black screen lockup. Tossed a few satilites in there remotely and there was only 2 red M2's in there and normal amount of ships in the sector.

Waited about 2 minutes and had to kill x3 via task menu. Monitored cpu useage and ram useage (via g15 application) and everything looked ok.
Game is 8 hours and 10 minutes into a fresh start. Watched also my g15 app for x3 and time didnt change in game at all.

Not sure what else i could to to find out whats happening or any othere tests i can do for it.

West, south and east of RoT are all owned by boron while north is owned by split, and RoT is labeled as core. Dont think that will matter at all tho.

While i do have a large script/mod setup going, nothing should tech confict with this except maybe DMA. And i say that only due to the fact becaues it renames the unknown sectors and adds 1 sector to the game.

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 22:18

OK four things:
I'm still seeing these attacks on sectors a race already owns. Paranid attacked Cardinals domain, and Argon attack Elena's Fortune. They don't actually attack themselves but they send a huge fleet that doesn't do anything.

I got a "Terran has sent a massive fleet to null" message, happened in a previous test too.

I still think the fleet sizes are too large, the option to make them that large should stay but I don't see a way to make them smaller.

Game is freezing on me as well, not just on sector load its ussually just randomly while flying around. I'm not running DMA but I am running MARS. I also have sector takeover, I'm going to remove that and try later.

My main problem with this script is that the invasions are too random. I had Split invading Xenon sector 627 without touching 598, xenon allied with terran, Argon attacked Boron Atreus clouds. Boron was sending all their forces to Danna's Chance which is a pirate sector with no defense, All the while ignoring the Argon in Atreus. I don't know what to make of all that...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 01:58

Yeah something needs to be implemented to evaluate strength and have them act accordingly.

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 02:17

Sometimes the large force you get a message for is as a defensive force, not an offensive one. :)

I'm trying to reproduce the black screen lockups, but i'm not having any luck. Could you guys try it without sector takeover installed as well and see if you are still experiencing the black screen?

SpenzOT
xr

Post by SpenzOT » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 02:29

I started a new game (aldrin start) to test out the combat mod with no storylines, and each time I have played, the game froze (with looping sound) after about 20 minutes of real time play.

Scripts I have (scripts with a '*' next to them are suspect to me):

Bribe a Pilot 1.0 by Nvidium

*Dynamic Combat Mod 3 Beta 1 by Ulfius (I am suspecting this one for conflicts due to it being new)

Community Plugin Config 1.10 by Cycrow

Explorer Command Extension 1.2 by ThisIsHarsh

Improved Boarding 1.10 by Cycrow

*MARS Turret Script 4.01 by Gazz (I have already heard about some people having their game freeze with this script for some reason)

Invasion Warnings 1.0 by Lazerath

Crystal Free SPP 1.01 by Lazerath

Marine Repairs 1.01 by Tatakau

NPC Bailing addon 1.5 by ThisIsHarsh

*Race Patrols 1.3 by ttl (this one is another I suspect for conflicts or crashes due to race response fleets responding to invasions)

Salvage Claim Software 1.0 by Cycrow

Salvage Commands and NPC's 1.1 by ThisIsHarsh

The Marauder Shipyard 0.2 by Teladidrone

Is this due to my computer being swamped with script orders? The scripts I have marked are pretty CPU-intensive, especially the race patrols since they respond to hostile action and, well, the universe is very hostile now.

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 02:52

I doubt the crash is due to too many scripts on the stack... though it *is* possible.

Perhaps the race patrols script is using a Jumpto command instead of a put into enviroment command, in which case it's going to crash the game (in my experience... something really doesn't like that jump to command).

--Could you try running a new game with those suspect mods disabled for the time being, to check what the problem is? It would really help to know if the crash is being caused by conflicts alone, or if it is the interaction between other scripts--

**I think you are getting the crashes because conflicts really adds alot of ships to the universe (though it has a cap now), and these mods are applied on all ships (I think that the creators just used a blanket statement to grab all ships in the universe, for MARS, or for the race patrol). Mabye race patrol is trying to remove conflicts ships? haha.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 03:24

With my blackscreen issue, i do not use sector takeover or race patrols at all.

I can give ya a list of what scripts i use, but it is pretty big list. I do have a save game that is 3 or 4 sector's away from where i get the black screen, but can be jumped to but without the mods the game might not load.
Ones i have in common with spenzOT are, community plugin config, improved boarding, mars 4.02, invasion warnings, crystal free SPP, NPC Bailing addon, salvage commands and npc's, marauder shipyard.

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 03:42

Do you have mars enabled for AI ships?

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 04:09

Yes i do. Hmm, the 2 m2's that i remember seeing with satalites were close to the gate i was trying to go in.

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 04:22

Mars is probaly conflicting with the ships conflicts is introducing.. try disabling mars and start up a new game/fresh save and see if you hit any crashes :)

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 04:36

Ok, ill try that tommorow. Finnaly got a setup i mostly want, cept the mass fighting, so gonna kill around a bit. Im only limited to 3 restarts in one day ;)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 05:12

Hey Mavor, Okay this is what I think is a serious issue. There are a lot of fights going on in various sectors, which is fine but the problem is they are destroying all the stations in a sector. This is depopulating the X3 universe of stations which means my traders are starting to have a harder time finding places to trade at. This would be fine if I could make money another way, say taxes for sectors owned, but I can't, I rely on traders. Actually it still wouldn't be fine because the Economy of the universe falls apart. So soemthing needs to be done about this. Perhaps have a specific target the enemy goes after to take a station. Maybe add a certain station to every sector and when that station is destroyed the sector along with all assets transfers over, given all defenders are destroyed or you have to immediately populate the sector with stations. Perhaps there should be some rhyme or reason to the invasions. For instance, make it so they can only invade bordering sectors to their territory. For instance, the Argon can only attack sectors bordering its territory. As it increases its territory it can attack more sectors further along, etc.

SpenzOT
xr

Post by SpenzOT » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 07:31

Well I did a little testing and it first appeared that it was a combination of the MARS script and the patrol mod that was crashing the game for me.

I turned off race patrols and tuned down MARS so that AI ships could not use the script and it wasn't crashing for me. I turned the AI usage of MARS back on and it appeared stable (though I didn't do a thorough test).

I figured out why the patrol script was causing issues. Bala Gi's Joy and Hatikvah's Faith are currently holding two massive endor battles that are involving hundreds of ships each (no seriously it looks like something out of Endor or Episode III there are so many capital ships). Heck Hatikvah's faith is a 3-way battle between the split/paranid (allies), the boron, and the argon/OTAS.

As cool as this is, it brings my computer to its knees even with the dynamic combat mod (a mod that increases performance by a great degree). I can also see how it would cause overloads. Even with OOS combat, having so many ships and so many variables (going on in more than one place to boot) is certain to do something.

Alas if only this game had multi-threading.

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 13:02

I have NOT any claim sector script and MARS active ONLY for my ships (my ship and owned ship) and it freeze.

Maybe i will to try do deactivate MARS for owned but unpiloted ships...

PS : MARS is not supported for AI (not owned) ships since 3.20 release)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 13:45

That is incorrect, I have the latest version of mars vs 4.02 and you CAN have AI ships use Mars by checking the option in the AL menu. So yes, AI can use MARS.

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 14:48

Ok, two things so far that I am working on adding into the next pass.

1. Conflicts ships will target only military targets, NOT factories. This will perserve the universes economy while still allowing for sectors to switch hands.

2. Lower the default cap on universe wide ship #'s (I was afraid after lowering it from the last pass there would not be enough conflict, but I will add in an option on the menu to increase the universe cap) which should keep battles under 150 ships or so. Mabye I will tighten up the targetting and decrease the amount of weight that conflicts admirals give to certain sectors? We are seeing these big battles because I have a supply line rule in place where the AI can only attack sectors that are one jump away from a allied or same-race sector. Therefore the most important, valued sectors that are on the border are always going to be the main targets, and will cause very large battles.

**Edit: Found the cause for the race patrols / conflicts interaction lockup. The method that race patrols is using to bring ships in does NOT interact well with the conflicts script (for whatever reason) and so whenever race patrols is jumping something in to help them, its locking up the game.

So, for the time being, i am going to post a warning about NOT using race patrols with the conflicts mod.

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 18:15

Posted version 0.82 with the changelog. I believe it should solve many of the "too-much" issues some of you are experiencing :)

JJPHATX
x3

Post by JJPHATX » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 21:00

under what in the UI do u find the options menu for this mod while in game?

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 23:14

Mavor wrote:Ok, two things so far that I am working on adding into the next pass.

1. Conflicts ships will target only military targets, NOT factories. This will perserve the universes economy while still allowing for sectors to switch hands.

2. Lower the default cap on universe wide ship #'s (I was afraid after lowering it from the last pass there would not be enough conflict, but I will add in an option on the menu to increase the universe cap) which should keep battles under 150 ships or so. Mabye I will tighten up the targetting and decrease the amount of weight that conflicts admirals give to certain sectors? We are seeing these big battles because I have a supply line rule in place where the AI can only attack sectors that are one jump away from a allied or same-race sector. Therefore the most important, valued sectors that are on the border are always going to be the main targets, and will cause very large battles.

**Edit: Found the cause for the race patrols / conflicts interaction lockup. The method that race patrols is using to bring ships in does NOT interact well with the conflicts script (for whatever reason) and so whenever race patrols is jumping something in to help them, its locking up the game.

So, for the time being, i am going to post a warning about NOT using race patrols with the conflicts mod.
I like this script and I also like Race Patrols.. What about talking to that author and setting up something where if the two scripts are both active they work together... In other words, lets say your script confirms that Race Patrols is running.... Have some of your ship and fleet spawns and battles occur when one of the Patrols find an incursion of enemy ships etc.... You could even then possible have Race Patrols go into standby mode for those specific sectors now under siege...when the siege is over, Race Patrols start again patrolling those sectors...

The other thing you also want to start thinking about is talking to LV about making your script work with his Race Response Fleets. He IS working on the port and MANY, if not MOST of us WILL be using that script because of how awesome it is.... Having these three scripts function nicely with each other would really bring the universe alive... that would be probably the greatest way we could really see some diverse and interesting battles in the X universe...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Mavor
x3ap

Post by Mavor » Tue, 2. Dec 08, 02:43

LV's RRF should work fine. He was running into the same crashing issue that race patrols is giving conflicts now and we found out that it is being caused by a jump function that is commonly used to move AI ships around.

He said its the only reason RRF's arn't out yet, so I am fairly confident that once he fixes that, it will work fine with conflicts.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”