[SCRIPT] Missile Defense Hotkeys

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

moggy2
x3ap

[SCRIPT] Missile Defense Hotkeys

Post by moggy2 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 15:33

Script: Missile Defense Hotkeys
Version: 1.0
Download: http://www.xai-corp.net/en/projects/xai ... missiledef
Readme: http://www.xai-corp.net/en/projects/xai ... def/readme

This script provides 2 new hotkeys to help defend against missiles:
  1. Target Nearest Missile
  2. Missile Defense
The missile defense hotkey fires a missile at all incoming missiles. The type of missiles used can be selected by activating the hotkey while there are no enemies withing scanner range.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 22:20

Ahah! Was waiting for this.

Can you recommend a good missile to use for the Missile Defence command? How about enabling it as an Additional Command so it can run on non player-controlled ships (or to automate on playership)?

mrsack
x3tc

Post by mrsack » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 06:16

Sweet, I was hoping for a "Target Nearest Missile"...wonder why that wasn't in Vanilla?

reanor
x4

Post by reanor » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 02:13

Mosquito missile defence system, thats what we need for TC.
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 03:47

I installed it correctly. but its not in the game. No option for mods, ( if needed) and nothing aviable in controls for me to map a key to it. I have steam version.

:( attempting to allow for the script Thereshallbewings gave me the dreaded modified under pilot info :( Ill wait for the bonus pack.

But I would like to know if there is a problem with scripts with the steam version. There better not be :( I am allready upset about having to buy the game this way :( I know X3R had no problem with it.

moggy2
x3ap

Post by moggy2 » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 09:05

Incubi wrote:I installed it correctly. but its not in the game. No option for mods, ( if needed) and nothing aviable in controls for me to map a key to it. I have steam version.

:( attempting to allow for the script Thereshallbewings gave me the dreaded modified under pilot info :( Ill wait for the bonus pack.

But I would like to know if there is a problem with scripts with the steam version. There better not be :( I am allready upset about having to buy the game this way :( I know X3R had no problem with it.
It's an unsigned script. You need to enable the script editor, and thus *modified*ify your game.

Incubi
xr

Post by Incubi » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 09:15

moggy2 wrote:
Incubi wrote:I installed it correctly. but its not in the game. No option for mods, ( if needed) and nothing aviable in controls for me to map a key to it. I have steam version.

It's an unsigned script. You need to enable the script editor, and thus *modified*ify your game.
I did enable it. Unless there was more than "Thereshallbewings". to do. And it still did not become available to me. Yes I spelled it correctly and uses a capital T.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 13:04

Incubi wrote:
moggy2 wrote:

I did enable it. Unless there was more than "Thereshallbewings". to do. And it still did not become available to me. Yes I spelled it correctly and uses a capital T.
did you either save and reload your game, or reinit your script cache after enabling ?

Makita
x4

Post by Makita » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 13:20

reanor wrote:Mosquito missile defence system, thats what we need for TC.

Amen to that!

SpongeBobSpacepants
x3tc

Post by SpongeBobSpacepants » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 14:59

Erm, is it me or does this script not work correctly :? I`ve installed it, set my hotkey`s. Have already selected missile for defence (mosquito). Go into battle, missile`s start flying at me and not one of my mosquito missiles was used ?? Like i say i did select the mosquito`s before i entered combat and it all seemed to work ok but not a single mosquito was fired in defence against enemys. Do i have to have them set in my missile bay or not ? thanks for any tips.

Sodium

Post by Sodium » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 16:19

Would be great if you made this into an spk!

Also would be great if you made NPC's be able to use this script, would make the game much more realistic, instead of the npc's using the current method of turning and burning. If they have missiles they should use them as countermeasures, if not they should turn and burn.

Tiedyeguy
x4

Post by Tiedyeguy » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 15:03

SpongeBobSpacepants wrote:Erm, is it me or does this script not work correctly :? I`ve installed it, set my hotkey`s. Have already selected missile for defence (mosquito). Go into battle, missile`s start flying at me and not one of my mosquito missiles was used ?? Like i say i did select the mosquito`s before i entered combat and it all seemed to work ok but not a single mosquito was fired in defence against enemys. Do i have to have them set in my missile bay or not ? thanks for any tips.
It sounds to me like you set your missiles, then in battle you hit the hotkey again to launch previously selected missiles at the oncoming missiles... it isn't an automatic feature like MDM that came with Bonus Pack for X3:R.

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 11:44

Makita wrote:

Amen to that!
Massive agreement here :evil: :evil:
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 12:31

If you do prefer Missile Defence Mosquito (MDM) by Lucike, then you install and use it. No point in asking for it in this script's (MDH) thread.

But IMO, moggy2's script is a good alternative. It does exactly what you tell it to do, while MDM makes the decisions by itself. And preprogrammed logic is always preprogammed; not optimal in every situation. Besides, MDM needs one of the ship's two additional task slots.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

redleaf123
x3tc

Post by redleaf123 » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 12:36

Kilrathi Avenger wrote:
Makita wrote:

Amen to that!
Massive agreement here :evil: :evil:
Actually, I believe Lucike has done it already - it's in the german forum under his script collection (and it has an english /t file as well).

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216745 is the entire script collection, and the mosquito defence is called Raketenabwehr Moskito (forum is http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216794 )

I've installed it ok, even re-packaged using cycrow's Xplugin - seems to work fine, with the caveat I have not yet used it in anger!

[edit]
I forgot to say I do also use this script, for ships with no mosquitos or for when I want more control or to fry incoming without wasting a missile. Very useful, thanks moggy2
[/edit]

redleaf

Faelix

.xml scripts

Post by Faelix » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 08:09

I downloaded a script for targeting missiles and unpacked it into the x3 directory as the instructions indicated but it does not show up in my control options. The files are all .xml files. Is there something else I have to do to activate this script?

I noticed the other mods on this site are typically .spk or something like that. Do I need to convert them?

Catra

Re: .xml scripts

Post by Catra » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 08:14

Faelix wrote:I downloaded a script for targeting missiles and unpacked it into the x3 directory as the instructions indicated but it does not show up in my control options. The files are all .xml files. Is there something else I have to do to activate this script?

I noticed the other mods on this site are typically .spk or something like that. Do I need to convert them?
ask where you got it from.

Faelix

Post by Faelix » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 08:42

I got the script from xai corp.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Sun, 10. Oct 10, 10:37

ok catra has given you a starter for 10, i'll add the name of the script for 20

there is only myself who is psychic around here and only after lunch time (i've not even had breakfast yet)
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

ympcylo
x2

Post by ympcylo » Mon, 11. Oct 10, 02:40

LV wrote:ok catra has given you a starter for 10, i'll add the name of the script for 20

there is only myself who is psychic around here and only after lunch time (i've not even had breakfast yet)
Next time...
first breakfast and later on lunch

lolz
:oops:

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”