[AL PLUGIN] The Marauder Shipyard - v0.5 - updated: 23.01.2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 14:37

Glad you like the Mechanic! 8)

Plasma Beam Cannon:
Sure, that cannon and its factory do exist in the Tfiles, adding it for sale at my shipyard should be pretty easy.
I'll look into that for the next update; probably not before the weekend though.

Stealth17
x3tc

Post by Stealth17 » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 14:40

Hey Teladidrone,

Nice script! That whack-job mechanic of yours did some damage to my ship but my marines repaired it quicky 8). I tried docking with a second ship to have it tuned, but the mission didn't appear again (makes sense, it's a mission). Any chance you could make the mechanic a bit like X3 Overtune? Contact "Mechanic" through you comms-menu. He'll tell you what you need. You dock with the requested materials and he gives you the update? That way more ships could benefit of his services.

Good job so far!

Stealth17

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 14:55

Well, the mechanic needs some downtime after doing all this hard work... you know, scientist and all, not used to hard physical labor. Maybe you should try again a little later... :wink:
Spoiler
Show
The mission will reset itself after 10min.
But don't forget about the mechanic's "medical needs"...
I am looking into hooking him into the com menu, too, but I am having a few technical issue with this atm. The lack of up-to-date documentation from Ego is certainly not helping, too...

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 15:16

Excellent work for an excellent mission ^^ Need to see more

Good work.

VisigothX
x4

Post by VisigothX » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 19:49

Does the shipyard respawn at all/in the same area? I believe mine went poof/was destroyed since I found it before and it is no longer there.

Reinstalling the script, of course, doesn't respawn the station =(

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 20:15

It should respawn on its own after a while if destroyed; not in the same place though.
And you can always force a immediate respawn if you turn the plugin off for a few seconds ( that will destroy it if there is one) and turn it on again (will spawn it somewhere).

Saheike
x4

The Marauder...etc

Post by Saheike » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 20:59

Hi, Teladidrone...

The version 01 worked fine in the german version of TC but the version 02 makes a "Text not found" at the beginning when the message should appear.
If you need a translation for the german version send me the english text to translate it in a pm.

Greetings from Saheike :oops:
Lieben Gruß von Sabine

//^:^\\ Trakkathrin-Kilrathina

Liberte, Egalite, Variete...

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Fri, 21. Nov 08, 21:40

To be honest I am a little surprised that version 0.1 even did because it only has t/8370-L044.xml.
How could that even happen? That's weird. :?

You need to copy t/8370.xml to t/8370-L049.xml and change the language id on the second line to 49 to get rid of the readtext errors.

Woundweaver
x3

Post by Woundweaver » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 01:16

Just installed this script, been scouring the universe but cannot find Marauder shipyard anywhere :? I know it`s randomly placed but is there a certain `few` areas where it might be or could i possibly relocate it through scripts options. Also would it be off the beaten track in a sector or pretty much on the main path in a sector. Thanks for any tips in advance.
There is no such thing as Black & White.
Everything is in various shades of Grey.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 01:23

the message they send to you gives you the sector if you take the time to think about it a little :)

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 04:06

Yeah, what he said.
The message should provide enough information to guess the sector. If you know your universe that is. ;)
And...
Spoiler
Show
It should not be too far away from the main trade lanes to find once you've figured out the sector - always inside a 50x90x50 km wide cuboid around some sector's center.

Rhadamant
x4

Post by Rhadamant » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 07:45

Does this mod require anything else other than itself and the installer? I activated it, figured out where the shipyard should be but it isn't there, however the mod is showing up in AL

Tiberiumkyle

Post by Tiberiumkyle » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 07:54

Mod works for me. Found the station easily enough, and thanks to it, I'm on my way to taking over the Nvidium market. The mechanic has also been getting regular business tuning my frigates. Awesome work!
Rawr!

Woundweaver
x3

Post by Woundweaver » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 09:58

Ah B****s knew i should have taken more notice of the message when script activated. I just deleted it :oops: Someone give me a clue....please :D
There is no such thing as Black & White.
Everything is in various shades of Grey.

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 13:06

It's Random, I believe.

You could try
Spoiler
Show
Bala-Gi's Joy
, that's where mine is.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 15:26

No one can give you a hint that fits to your particular game, the location will be different for every game.

* Always a sector owned by the Pirates.
* Always within a 50/90/50 km wide cuboid.
Spoiler
Show
* The incoming message will tell you the name/sector of the closest Paranid military outpost to the shipyard - that should point you to the general area of the universe as there are only so many Pirate sectors and Outposts.
* The incoming message will tell you the first 2 letters of some sector that is directly connected to the Marauder sector and the name of the gate that leads FROM the Marauder sector into that "2-letter" sector. Then bring up your map and start looking...
* The shipyard may be destroyed... Pirates like to kill stuff in their sectors, even if it is a station owned by themselves. They are crazy, you know... ;)
* If the shipyard is destroyed, it will respawn somewhere else after a while. When exactly this will happen depends on how long the shipyard has existed before; however this should never take longer than 1 hour (game time).

* If everything does not help, turn off the plugin for a few seconds (that will nuke the shipyard if it exists somewhere) and then turn it on again (this will respawn it at some different location and you should get a new message with the hints).

Hieronymos
x3

Post by Hieronymos » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 03:41

Great script Teladidrone.
Did you ever think of making access to new ships harder than just via race rep?
One idea is as per Voxol's Player-Friendly Ship Yard for X3R: player needed to provide SY with an actual ship for reverse engineering (which was destroyed in process)..once completed, SY could stock new vessel.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 05:28

"Borrowing" the player's race rank was just a quick and easy hack because everything else was ready for a first release.
Frankly, I remembered how long it took to raise your rank in Reunion and did not bother to consider how ridiculously fast you can raise your rank in TC now... :oops:

I originally had planned to maintain my own "Marauder rank" that should decide which items the shipyard stocks - only increased if you complete certain missions for The Don himself.
Well, that was before I had to learn that the communication/synchronization between the AL plugin and the MD is... "limited" and more or less only possible in one direction.
And how long it takes to write and test MD missions. No wonder Ego's own missions are full of bugs...
:lol:

However, the Marauder rank idea is still around and I may get back to that some day... maybe. That reverse engineering thingy sounds funny, too.
Only problem I see is that the damage has already been done - the player has already bought everything he wanted and I guess changing the stock now would not have a noticeable effect.

Luckychuck
x4

Post by Luckychuck » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 10:56

Hi Teladidrone. Just getting around to trying this script.

I was thinking, instead of "borrowing" the player's race rank, what if you used the player's combat rank? After all, it is pirates we're dealing with, and they like to fight.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 26. Nov 08, 14:14

Luckychuck wrote: I was thinking, instead of "borrowing" the player's race rank, what if you used the player's combat rank? After all, it is pirates we're dealing with, and they like to fight.
I was considering that at first, too - however, that would not really be very suitable for the factories stocked.
If someone wants to play a trader only game then his combat rank may as well stay at zero for ever...
Still, I like this idea - maybe combat rank for ships, trader rank for factories?

But... oh well, there's always a "but" isn't there? :evil:
What about the PHQ?
Force a fighting-style player to get a high trading rank to be able to buy the PHQ may not be such a wise idea.
What if he decides to send his mighty fleet over instead to discuss this matter in person? :o

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”