[SCRIPT] Warp to Target - Hotkey

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Warp to Target - Hotkey

Post by Graxster » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 20:08

Tired of spending 90% of your playing time flying to somewhere or from somewhere? Tired of trying to catch enemy ships that are faster than you? Then this mod is for you! Simply extract into your scripts directory, assign a Hotkey (I use Shift + W, bc it's easy to remember W = Warp), and you'll be hopping around sectors like a rabbit!

Wrote this script for myself as a way to save time moving around, and now find myself addicted to using it, lol.

What it does:

If your target is a Gate, it places you 2k in front of the gate. If your target is a station, it docks your ship at that station. If your target is a ship, it puts you about 1.5k away from the ship. Enjoy!

-Grax

[ external image ]

SGT.J

Post by SGT.J » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 20:12

How do you assign the hotkey????..Thanks

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 20:13

Great idea! ;)

amirite

Post by amirite » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 20:19

Hah awesome. This is simple and smart because it's awesome for capitals but smaller ships will still have a hard time holding enough energy cells to do this too much.
-TEVE

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 20:21

SGT.J wrote:How do you assign the hotkey????..Thanks
In Controls > Interface, at the bottom. Follow the instructions in the sticky at the top of this forum for activating the script editor. There should be instructions in the readme.txt in the download also (if I put one in there, lol).

-Grax

XDrake
x3tc

Post by XDrake » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:27

Graxster

What at about Jump to... Attack?

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 02:24

Grax :wink: I don't need to install this as your free jump script already does it I use the paid version! :)
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 05:58

This script was written pre-FJ. However, this one performs a different function. it's more of a cheat I suppose, but I consider it a time saver instead. I was playing at the start of a game and was bored with all the flying, flying, flying to explore and get places.

So... with this script you can target a ship at the edge of your Triplex Scanner range, press the hotkey, and you're instantly right on top of him. Target any station in the sector, press the hotkey, and you're instantly docked. Target a far away warp gate, press the hotkey, and you're instantly right in front of it. No opening the command console.

-Grax

P.S. I also have another hotkey script that I haven't bothered to post. Let's say your ship can go about 125m/s top speed. Press the hotkey and you're instantly going 750m/s. Press it again and you're going 1250 m/s, etc... You can get up to about 3000m/s before it tops out. 8) Wears off fast, but takes a while to slow down unless I use my other hotkey that instantly stops my ship, *chuckle*. Yep, I cheat a lot, rofl. Even changed my Comm range to 75k. Thinking about changing my Triplex Scanner range similarly.

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 10:18

Where do you instal this script please

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 10:22

TSM wrote:Grax :wink: I don't need to install this as your free jump script already does it I use the paid version! :)
Where can I get this free jump script please and how do I install It

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 14:16

It's in the sticky at the top of this very forum, and learn patience and wait for answers, people are not on here 24/7 people sleep and stuff :wink:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 18:53

TSM wrote:It's in the sticky at the top of this very forum, and learn patience and wait for answers, people are not on here 24/7 people sleep and stuff :wink:

Iwasn`t intending to be impatient I just thought of the second question soon after posting the first.
However I don`t know which sticky you refer to I`ve looked at them all so maybe you wwould be kind enough to poime in the right direction because what I would like to do is install this script into the plug in manager either this script or "free jump" if you tell me where free jump is please

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 22:31

Apparently the Cheats sticky isn't being updatd. I have maybe three scripts I posted in there that haven't been added to the list. You can find Free Jump there.

-Grax

eskeemer
x3

Re: [SCRIPT] Warp to Target - Hotkey

Post by eskeemer » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 16:22

Graxster wrote:Tired of spending 90% of your playing time flying to somewhere or from somewhere? Tired of trying to catch enemy ships that are faster than you? Then this mod is for you! Simply extract into your scripts directory, assign a Hotkey (I use Shift + W, bc it's easy to remember W = Warp), and you'll be hopping around sectors like a rabbit!

Wrote this script for myself as a way to save time moving around, and now find myself addicted to using it, lol.

What it does:

If your target is a Gate, it places you 2k in front of the gate. If your target is a station, it docks your ship at that station. If your target is a ship, it puts you about 1.5k away from the ship. Enjoy!

-Grax

[ external image ]

just out of interest and for reference can you help me with this Question.
prior to having to reinstall X3TC I downloaded" warp to target" installed It I think through plugin manager and somehow or other I ended up with free jump available in the command console which was fine N ow having reinstalled X3TC I found free jump down loaded and installed it using plugin manager and initially it became available in the game interface but not in the command console however when I loaded the previous game "free jump " was there in the game console. So the Question is If I have to reinstall again how can I get "free jump into the game console?

eskeemer
x3

Re: [SCRIPT] Warp to Target - Hotkey

Post by eskeemer » Thu, 27. Nov 08, 16:27

eskeemer wrote:
Graxster wrote:Tired of spending 90% of your playing time flying to somewhere or from somewhere? Tired of trying to catch enemy ships that are faster than you? Then this mod is for you! Simply extract into your scripts directory, assign a Hotkey (I use Shift + W, bc it's easy to remember W = Warp), and you'll be hopping around sectors like a rabbit!

What it does:

-Grax

[ external image ]

just out of interest and for reference can you help me with this Question.
prior to having to reinstall X3TC I downloaded" warp to target" installed It I think through plugin manager and somehow or other I ended up with free jump available in the command console which was fine N ow having reinstalled X3TC I found free jump down loaded and installed it using plugin manager and initially it became available in the game interface but not in the command console however when I loaded the previous game "free jump " was there in the game console. So the Question is If I have to reinstall again how can I get "free jump into the game console?
sorry for the bother I`ve sorted it out now

Ymarsakar

Post by Ymarsakar » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 14:47

Scripts are either installed by Opening the Plugin Installer program, selecting the .spk file, loading it, and hitting exit or by putting files into the X3TC/Script or X3TC/T folder if the script comes in a rar with those folders in the rar.

Some scripts require, after loading it, to save the game and then reload the game. This is to reinitialize scripts, which can also be done in the script editor.

Many scripts require that you activate the script editor by renaming your player to "Thereshallbewings".

eskeemer
x3

Post by eskeemer » Fri, 28. Nov 08, 16:36

thanks a lot

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 09:44

This is (not) working for me.

Yes, I renamed my pilot to (Thereshallbewings)
Yes, I assigned the Shift+W key as the hot key to trigger it.

When I press Shift+C the console comes up,
but when I press (s) nothing happens.

I tried it again and again and again.
still nothing.

So I have to keep hunting for a script that would do this, because I already tried Cycrows script and now your and none of them work the way of Point to Point.
Instead it always send me through the gate, and each time I wanna put my fist through the damn screen.

I am following the instructions, and I read it 14 times, Slowly.
I even written notes and even printed the page, so
when I am in the game, I can follow what i printed.
Nothing.

Im sorry but I am so frustrated.
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

KNT79

Post by KNT79 » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 13:32

It looks like you have not activated the script editor properly. The very common issue is the "double l mistake" in Thereshallbewings. The game doesn't like quick input of a character multiple times and it is hard to notice that one has l instead of ll.
NOT PEACE BUT A SWORD

Robert Foster
x3

Post by Robert Foster » Mon, 30. Nov 09, 17:32

I named myself to the name (Thereshallbewings) with double L,
I made sure of it as instructed,
the problem I am having is the part where it says,

Press (s) after I press Shift+C after the console comes up,
I tried it again and again and again.
still nothing.
But it does say *Modified* on the bottom,
but the screen when I press ( S ) wont come up.
After bringing the Console up.
I Am Currently Playing ( TRANSCEND-II )
I am a Asteroid Miner and I love to Mine - Brine, Nividium, Oil, Tellurium, Plutonium, Tridium, Metal, Tritanium and Gallium Crystals.
Proud owner of Protools|HD3 system.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”