[TC] Pirate Stations; Boarding Pods and Passengers to Slaves - Not quite working

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

nft
x3

Pirate Stations; Boarding Pods and Passengers to Slaves - Not quite working

Post by nft » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 22:45

Hi There

A couple of funny things i'd like to check. I have seen this in a couple of the topics in the forum, but none fully addressed.

1. I can only find one pirate station (in Loomanckstrats legacy). All te others are not on the maps locations they should according to the maps.

- Is there any reason this can happen (other then one or two destroyed)?
- Does anyone have locations in the sectors, if they are just hard to find?

2. Can't change captured pilots to slaves (even with low yield side arms and at Pirate Anarchy station) Tried "F" - the only time i get an option on the passengers is when in space and given option to eject.....
So am unable to turn into slaves, Mercs, marines etc -

- Anyone have any ideas? and.....

3. In not being able to find Pirate stations and change pilots to slaves and Mercs - anywhere else I can get a boarding pod? (i would have expected to see it as a sale item, but instead i don't see it all.)
Or does that sale option only come up when you dock in a ship that can take them? I thought there was one per pirate station......

I have seen some posts on these issues already - but none seem to answer the issue(s) - are these bugs?

Thanks - and really appreciate all the posts and information on the forum -
NFT (Version1.2.1)

VincentTH
x4

Re: Pirate Stations; Boarding Pods and Passengers to Slaves - Not quite working

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 22:50

nft wrote:Hi There

A couple of funny things i'd like to check. I have seen this in a couple of the topics in the forum, but none fully addressed.

1. I can only find one pirate station (in Loomanckstrats legacy). All te others are not on the maps locations they should according to the maps.

- Is there any reason this can happen (other then one or two destroyed)?
- Does anyone have locations in the sectors, if they are just hard to find?

2. Can't change captured pilots to slaves (even with low yield side arms and at Pirate Anarchy station) Tried "F" - the only time i get an option on the passengers is when in space and given option to eject.....
So am unable to turn into slaves, Mercs, marines etc -

- Anyone have any ideas? and.....

3. In not being able to find Pirate stations and change pilots to slaves and Mercs - anywhere else I can get a boarding pod? (i would have expected to see it as a sale item, but instead i don't see it all.)
Or does that sale option only come up when you dock in a ship that can take them? I thought there was one per pirate station......

I have seen some posts on these issues already - but none seem to answer the issue(s) - are these bugs?

Thanks - and really appreciate all the posts and information on the forum -
NFT (Version1.2.1)
Here is how I get my boarding pods:

You need Scorp's X3TC update. You can still avoid the ** modified ** tag if you save your game before hand, then reload the save game after creating the map log file.

If you have done the Goner Plot, you are given the TrueLight Seeker, which cna mount Gauss cannons. Use 2 GC to take down a pirate base, then wait for a little bit, then create the Scorp map as mentioned above.

Look for any pirate base using the search function, then see if they have any boarding pod. Rinse and Repeat.

nft
x3

Post by nft » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:34

Thats great thanks - trying the programme from scorp. Nice.

Any ideas on turning capped pilots to slaves?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:36

Try being docked at a pirate station - that's the only time I recall seeing the option.

cezarip
x3tc

Post by cezarip » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 11:21

Carlo the Curious wrote:Try being docked at a pirate station - that's the only time I recall seeing the option.
The enslave option does not show up if you are docked at the Anarchy Port. It works fine in any other Pirate Base.
Provided that the laws of mathematics are
related to reality, they are not reliable. And if
they are reliable, they aren’t related to
reality.

Albert Einstein

Chroniss
x3tc

Re: Pirate Stations; Boarding Pods and Passengers to Slaves - Not quite working

Post by Chroniss » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 11:34

nft wrote: I thought there was one per pirate station......
IDK about the anarchy port, but the normal pirate stations have a maximum stock of 2 boarding pods. However, if you start a new game and run scorps item indexer, it will show that each station that has them (Its randomized) has 1/2 in stock. This is what I've seen in my games. Of course the AI buys them (This is assumed, they disappear somehow) fairly quickly and then they never come back unless you blow up the station and wait for a respawn.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”