[MOD] Reworked GalaxyMap + New Suns + unique SectorsoundtrackIDs

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

[MOD] Reworked GalaxyMap + New Suns + unique SectorsoundtrackIDs

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 18:45

Content:
  • A reworked GalaxyMap with cleared cosmetic errors and a couple of remedy bugs at the original map.
  • Furthermore an optical revalue escpecially of the new sectors by adding and/or replacing planets and asteroids.
  • Ther are also a couple of new suns in this map (or old ones, depends on how you see it ;))
  • Every sector now has a unique Sectorsoundtrack-ID. So you are able to allocate a unique music track to every sector and there will not be the same track somewhere in your universe, where it might not fit, again.
    This new IDs start up from 09000
[ external image ]
[ external image ]

Requirements:
  • As of known reasons a restart of the game is not avoidable.
  • Furthermore, at least additional 1 Gb of free disk space is necessary. Because you will need at least 180 music tracks more, the soundtrack folder will increase its space significantly.
[ external image ]
(A small goody for all who where able to read the book »Farnhams Legend«)
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

[ external image ]
[ external image ]

And now the

Downloadlinks:

[ external image ] - DLLink - incl new Suns and new Sectorsoundtrack-IDs

[ external image ] - DLLink - incl new suns, but without new Sectorsoundtrack-IDs

[ external image ]Sectorsoundtrack-ID List

This list contains every used soundtrack ID. Useful if you want use a specific music file for a specific sector.

Advice for Version 2.0+:

Additional Music-ID's:

00032 | 00033 | 00025 | 00040

This 4 ID's need to be in your soundtracks-folder, because with the latest patch 2.0 you get a couple of new sectors and therefore new new music. Which mp3-file you use does not matter, as long as there is a file with this ID. I noted this four ID's separately in the SID-List.

[ external image ]Instruction_How_to_change_soundtracks.7z

Due to some issues I've removed the soundtrack folder. Instead of it I have added a short instruction how to modify your soundtrack files that they are still useable with this map.

[ external image ]

Both downloads below are offering the same content as the downloads from above but without new suns and are only listed for the sake of completeness. Improvements, regarding the GalaxyMap within the realms of possibility, are going to be offered also with this maps.

DL EXCL Sun & INCL SID

DL EXCL Sun & SID

[ external image ]

AV

Last comment

Saving save games and taking a copie of all altered folders, especially the soundtrack folder, and files is recommended, as usual – But it is not a must have, if you have the time to restore your installation to the raw condition.
:roll:

Edit: Soundtrack-folder removed. 260309

DE
Last edited by Alex Vanderbilt on Mon, 6. Apr 09, 14:07, edited 7 times in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 18:58

You may want to check into the soundtracks, particularly, if you can distribute the actual tracks.

Beyond that, I like the idea.

It'd make it a lot easier for someone to add their own (follwing the number scheme) than having to edit the galaxy map.

I'll grab it, I'll be restarting soon anyway (well, as soon as Ashley makes her XXL mod available). :)

amirite

Post by amirite » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 20:05

I'm pretty sure Fair Use laws cover the music use, since he's not making money from the project.

Nice mod, I like when people make mods that adjust game atmosphere.
-TEVE

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 21:33

Maybe i'm a noob but i have a question : how can I... unsplit parts of soundtrack? Because i've downloaded both but Winrar or 7zip won't open it (each part or both)

thanks

sniperscope
x2

Post by sniperscope » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 00:51

Hello I downloaded the sound tracks bur my RAR will not open them. Do they need to be extracted.
Thanks

bbgun77
x4

Post by bbgun77 » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 05:49

Can't Open Soundtrack_Archiv01.7z & Soundtrack_Archiv02.7z by 7-zip 4.60beta.

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 08:09

:S

I assume that this problem occurs because the name of the files. Originally they both are named "alternative_soundtracks_02.7z" but for some reason I have changed the names on the server, probably to make it more obvious which one is the first and which the second file.

I will fix this as soon as possible. I only have to decide whether a new split archiv or a single file of around 900 mb. Would the last possiblity a problem for anyone?

Anyway, thank you for the feedback and the hint to the bug :)

Edit

Problem should be solved. I have replaced the split archive by a single file. If there is any further error or something to improve, let me know it ;)

AV

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 20:58

so, inorder to install this, if forces a full restart? i cant use my saved data?

if so, thats the #1 reason i wouldnt install it

THanks

fud
x3

Post by fud » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 21:12

*Any* changes to the galaxy map will require a new game start for the changes to take affect.

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 21:21

But haven't seen any changes in galaxy map.

Suns are more realistic but too colorated (they colorate stations and ships into brifght color :/)
Haven't seen really changes in backgrounds.
No cosmic error... But maybe i haven't see everything or maybe bad installing.

Will try with soundtrack.

I hope rebalancing mod will be available as soon as possible ^^

Thanks for your work.

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 08:41

@corhen

As fud said, it is necessary to restart. But there is a nice script from SymTec ltd., the [SCR][BETA][0.9.3][01.11.08] X3-X3TC-Converter Betatest which sould be capable of transfering your stations, ships (incl. commandos) and ranks from one of your saves to another.

@XFree

There were several misplaced suns and planets and adsigns placed within stations. I also re-changed the position of a couple of planets in the original X3R sectors back to their Reunion position because the TC change was not the best.

AV
Last edited by Alex Vanderbilt on Mon, 24. Nov 08, 11:47, edited 1 time in total.

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 08:49

Can we get a version that just has the unique soundtrack sector IDs?

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Mon, 24. Nov 08, 11:35

The map without new suns? Of course and it is already existing to download. It is the small link "DL EXCL Sun & INCL SID" at the end of the first post :)

AV

Ravenholme
x3tc

Post by Ravenholme » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 08:57

Alright, thank you. But I'll wait for the sector music ID list before I install the mod.

I have specific pieces of music in mind for certain sectors.

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Tue, 25. Nov 08, 12:26

Well, you should have that. You will encounter a couple of repeating SIDs. These are there because the sectors (Uranus, Saturn and Jupiter) are one sector in my eyes which is just extended around the planet.

Here is the list:

[ external image ]Sectorsoundtrack-ID List

The Link will be also available in initial post.

AV
Last edited by Alex Vanderbilt on Mon, 6. Apr 09, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.

Kilrathi Avenger
x3tc

Post by Kilrathi Avenger » Fri, 26. Dec 08, 09:14

is it possible to release just the galaxy map change i don't use music in my game but really like the revised galaxy map

Thanks
"As I slide down the banister of life;
my job is just another splinter in the bum"

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 12:06

There are already 2 possible links for you.

Once the

DLLink - incl new suns, but without new Sectorsoundtrack-IDs (just without changed soundtrack IDs)

and

DL EXCL Sun & SID (without suns and changed soundtrack IDs)

in the initial post. Both should be what you are searching for. If not just PM me :)

AV

Vitez
xr

Post by Vitez » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 12:54

Can I have some screenshots og the sectors, please? :D
I don't hate Steam.
I don't love Steam.
I use it.

Alex Vanderbilt
Winner X3 Sektorquest
x3tc

Post by Alex Vanderbilt » Sun, 28. Dec 08, 14:33

There are already a couple in the main post. The sectors shown there are Priest Rings | Thuruks Beard | Perdition's End | Queen's Harbor.
Other changes are in the most sectors just planet & sun alterations to suggest that the universe has changed within the last years. Only the new sector have received mayor alterations because there where a couple of more or less "unlucky" sector designs. Just check it out ;) If you do not want to restart but want to see what has been changed download a map, enable the Galaxy Editor and jump a bit through the map. It is the easiest way to discover the changes and find out whether you like it or not :)

AV

Crapgame
x3tc

Re: [MOD] Reworked GalaxyMap + New Suns + unique SectorsoundtrackIDs

Post by Crapgame » Thu, 15. Jan 09, 17:28

Alex Vanderbilt wrote: [ external image ]Sectorsoundtrack-ID List
Thanks for this list.

In my /soundtracks folder, the tracks only go as high as 08512.

Why could that be? In your list I see tracks as high as 9172

Thanks

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”