[SCR]Advanced Missile Defense (15/11/08)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

fud
x3

[SCR]Advanced Missile Defense (15/11/08)

Post by fud » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 00:47

Tired of having your turrets go trigger happy, killing potential claim ships and pissing off the locals, spraying their stations with hot plasma?

This script alters the standard missile defense script by removing the extra bits that tell it to target enemies if no missiles are fired.

In other words, it targets ONLY missiles. It couldn't care less about ships.

Converted from it's X3R version. Stock Ego Missile Defense still available, as this is a new command.

Adv Missile Def (spk)

Alternative download link from xdownloads:
[ external image ]

*Probably should have called it "Basic" missile defense, as the one that Ego has is more advanced.. :p

Edit [1st December 2015]: added alternative download link from xdownloads. X2-Illuminatus

dryzdale
x4

Post by dryzdale » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 01:01

ive wanted something like this for ages and yes i am tired of the old one "missile defence" yh right more like "oh look enemy ship hmmm command missile defence well screw that fire"

so yh thank you :D

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 06:51

Isn't the main problem that it can only target the closest missile to the ship?
If "the" missile is not in the turret arc, the ES script can not target the 2nd closest missile if it could hit that one.

Been a while since I looked there.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 13:07

Don't know Gazz. I just ported my script over from X3R. It was made because it was annoying as hell that your turrets would shoot down YOUR missiles, since they were set to spray the sky.

lepidosteus

Post by lepidosteus » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 13:30

Whats does protect ship ? Only attack ship attacking you (while missile defence attack any ennemy ship) ?

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 13:38

From what I've seen, Protect Ship and Attack All Enemies are identical.

Once your ship gets shot, and no missiles are fired at you, Missile Defense is no different, in that, it'll start shooting at enemy ships (that shot at and hit you at least once).

I wanted one that only shot missiles and ignored everything else. The stock turret commands are pretty much all the same.

(----____JEFF____----)
x3tc

Post by (----____JEFF____----) » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 13:52

Attack all enemies also shoots at enemies that didn't open fire on you, unlike protect ship. Protect ship only attack ships that shot (and hit) you.
Missile defense is the same as protect ship except that it shoots down missiles (not sure if it only targets the closest one). But there is a twist to missile defense, if the main command is attack all, or a command similar to that (can't remember all of them right now) it will act like attack all enemies (shooting everything that's red).

So yeah there are no really big differences, but I think these commands where designed to be as simple as possible (code wise and usage wise).

Btw, the turret scripts are the same as they where in reunion, except they added a exception for missile turrets. (I guess they are on the M7Ms, but I haven't tested any of those jet :shock: :roll: )

Gazz
x4

Re: [SCR]Advanced Missile Defense (15/11/08)

Post by Gazz » Mon, 9. Aug 10, 16:06

fud wrote:This script alters the standard missile defense script by removing the extra bits that tell it to target enemies if no missiles are fired.

In other words, it targets ONLY missiles. It couldn't care less about ships.
"Missile Defense only" is now one of the standard turret commands in vanilla TC.
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

EmperorJon
x3tc

Post by EmperorJon » Mon, 9. Aug 10, 23:18

I was going to say, what about Missiles Only, then I saw the original post date. -.- :lol:
______
I'm Jon. I'm mostly not around any more. If you want to talk, please message me! It's cool.
______

caishow2
x3ap

Post by caishow2 » Thu, 11. Jun 15, 15:47

The address is out of date.
Are there any downloads?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”