[SCRIPT] Ship killed notifications v1.0.3 [2008-11-16]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

[SCRIPT] Ship killed notifications v1.0.3 [2008-11-16]

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 17:58

Ship killed notifications

:arrow: Adds some extra audio and visual notification options for when a player-owned ship is destroyed.

:arrow: Requires: Cycrow's Community Configuration Menu

This plugin is available in spk format:

[ external image ]

:arrow: You can use Cycrow's Plugin Manager 'Package Updates' feature to keep this plugin up to date automatically. A big thanks to Maeyanie for graciously offering up the file hosting.

The Community Configuration Menu gives options to:

:arrow: Play a warning beep sound.

:arrow: Betty to tell you the sector and ship.

:arrow: Show a subtitle at the bottom of your HUD, detailing ship, sector and killer.

:arrow: Enable/disable the notification for satellites.
Last edited by ThisIsHarsh on Sun, 16. Nov 08, 10:56, edited 3 times in total.

TSM
Not a Moderator
x4

Post by TSM » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 18:08

:lol: your getting as bad as Grax do you ever find time to play TC :P

I will use this as I am somewhat bothered by lost of sector trader's due to Khaak not being to erm friendly and killing my ships and not having the decency to send me a note :skull:
FAQ's Egosoft Interactive FAQ
Egosoft Wiki

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 18:17

TSM wrote::lol: your getting as bad as Grax do you ever find time to play TC :P

I will use this as I am somewhat bothered by lost of sector trader's due to Khaak not being to erm friendly and killing my ships and not having the decency to send me a note :skull:
LOL, yeah I find time to play, but get 10 mins into the game when I discover something that annoys me and need to fix it before I can continue. The scripts I've released are only a cross-section of the ones I've written and use in my own game (none are in a releasable state just yet, though).

I saw a request for a script like this some time ago, figured someone else would have done it by now. It's damned annoying when you're looking for a ship and don't realise til minutes later when you look through your logbook and find that it was destroyed ages ago...

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 18:29

ThisIsHarsh wrote:LOL, yeah I find time to play, but get 10 mins into the game when I discover something that annoys me and need to fix it before I can continue. The scripts I've released are only a cross-section of the ones I've written and use in my own game (none are in a releasable state just yet, though).
Lol, I'm the same way. I have so many modified scripts that I haven't posted here... Just yesterday I changed "Collect wares in sector..." to actually stop and notify me when all wares are collected. Egosoft actually messed up this script a tad... they loaded the entire script in the preload file (there isn't a "std" script for it). I always forget about my Storage ship and he wanders around a sector looking for wares until Pirates eventually find him.
It's damned annoying when you're looking for a ship and don't realise til minutes later when you look through your logbook and find that it was destroyed ages ago...
Agreed, I spent 15 minutes the other day trying to figure out where "Trader 5" was. Thanks for this handy script! Downloading now.

-Grax

Edit: On an unrelated note, did you know that your NPC Bailing script is listed as an AL Plugin in the community thread? Confused me for a minute...thought I missed an update, lol.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 20:13

Graxster wrote:Edit: On an unrelated note, did you know that your NPC Bailing script is listed as an AL Plugin in the community thread? Confused me for a minute...thought I missed an update, lol.
Yeah, it's a bit of an odd one to categorize. It's not an AL plugin per se, but it involves modifying the Artificial Life aspect of the game, so it seemed the most appropriate.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 23:07

Thanks, i requested this, but never thought some one would make it!!

I love all your mods, ThisIsHarsh. i have installed it, and look forward to using it

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 23:38

@ThisIsHarsh: I assume you are already aware of the potential text formatting trouble, and UniTraders solution to that?
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 23:51

jlehtone wrote:@ThisIsHarsh: I assume you are already aware of the potential text formatting trouble, and UniTraders solution to that?
Yeah I remember reading about that. This script doesn't write to the logbook though, only uses the new subtitle command, which uses the old-style colour fomatting.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 03:02

Love this so far. Although i do run into 1 problem with it. With this and M.A.R.S. going, this is going off pretty much constantly telling me that my fighter drone was destroyed. Any way to get a check or option to disable for drones? Enable/Disable might be the best way to go to.

MultiAxisMatt

Post by MultiAxisMatt » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 04:42

Looks very handy.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 09:20

asser69 wrote:Love this so far. Although i do run into 1 problem with it. With this and M.A.R.S. going, this is going off pretty much constantly telling me that my fighter drone was destroyed. Any way to get a check or option to disable for drones? Enable/Disable might be the best way to go to.
D'oh. Chalk another one up to the secondary signal bugs.

OK sorted this, disabled Fighter Drone warnings, and uploaded bugfix version: Update v1.0.2

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 10:02

Yay, i can go back into combat now ;)

Thanks!

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 10:57

Minor update. With satellite notification enabled, collecting satellites would give warning. Fixed this.

Bugfix v1.0.3.

WangzoR
x4

Post by WangzoR » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 01:17

This is great, got sick of randomly losing ships and not knowing how or where they died
Thanks

John McG
x4

Message logs

Post by John McG » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 11:29

Several times I have lost a ship through collision with an asteroid etc, and have only found out several hours later when I have happened to check my ship's log.
Fortunately most times I can revert to a saved game, but is there any way of being notified as soon as this happens, or do I have to keep checking my log every few minutes?
Thanks.

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 11:45

Ship killed notifications

In top sticky. Shows in the subtitle bar on the bottom when a ship dies and what kills it.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 19:19

Whenever you jump out of your ship to capture another (or whatever) and you get back into a ship, this notifies you that your Spacesuit was destroyed in null. Not a major problem, but it kinda breaks the "flow." :)

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 13. Dec 08, 21:32

thats a good point, you could probly remove it, or set an examption, for spacesuits, entirerly
as far as i know, you never own a spacesuit other than your own,,,

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 09:20

I like this script, but would it be possible to add a switch for unexplored sectors? I havent gone to the argon or paranid core sectors yet but i keep getting alerts for them. Yet I don't want to limit by propery.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

OOZ662
x4

Post by OOZ662 » Sun, 14. Dec 08, 19:41

Are you sure you're in the right topic? If sectors are unexplored then you don't have any ships in them to be destroyed, and therefor won't get messages.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”