[TC] Starting points v.6.12.413 subtype 69105

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Aetius
x3tc

Post by Aetius » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 19:48

Well, I just hit Battlemaster rank and then Aldran Adventurer arrived. Woo.

Edit: Now to go after Tormented Teladi.
Last edited by Aetius on Wed, 12. Nov 08, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 20:06

So it looks like I was wrong about everything except Tormented Teladi and Anonymous Argon. If this were baseball, I'd be a legend with a .400 batting average! :D

Many thanks and congratulations to Gruntwhistle and Carlo the Curious for giving us definitive answers. :thumb_up:

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 21:10

Don't I deserve anything :?: Meh, I don't need ;) Go Carlo! Go Gruntwhistle! Go updater*!

*Hey, that's me! Go me!

ephemeron
x4

Post by ephemeron » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 21:13

supakillaii wrote:Don't I deserve anything :?: Meh, I don't need ;) Go Carlo! Go Gruntwhistle! Go updater*!

*Hey, that's me! Go me!
Very sorry -- and many, many thanks to supakillaii for starting this thread and compiling all the info as it's turned up! :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 21:14

Do note my edit on the previous page saying the comments for the fight rank values at least appear to be wrong for one of them (if not others).

Gruntwhistle
x3tc

Post by Gruntwhistle » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 22:11

What Carlo and Ephemeron* said :D ...... plus I mentioned the thick thing right?

* The thanks to Killaii bit
"Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 14:00

Carlo the Curious wrote:Do note my edit on the previous page saying the comments for the fight rank values at least appear to be wrong for one of them (if not others).
Eh what? So it's not battlemaster? :sceptic:

Gruntwhistle
x3tc

Post by Gruntwhistle » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 19:01

Dunno ...thick remember. :lol:

Carlo man him smart you asked him so itz good .
"Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines."

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 20:02

Caarloo?

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 20:16

No need to bump. If it ever shows up, I'll let you know!

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 20:27

Just asking and I'll be waiting ;)

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Wed, 3. Dec 08, 15:49

Can we have the actual rank in the first post as well as the numbers.
The numbers don't actually make any sense to those people not messing about with the script editor, or without a number to rank reference chart.

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 23:32

@the moderators

Could we make this post 'sticky' ? I am quite sure this is something many people will ask for in time ;)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Starting err... points v0.9.6b [LIST]

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sat, 6. Dec 08, 00:16

supakillaii wrote:Name of the Start: Lost Lar
Sector: Xenon Core 023
Ship: Angel (TP)
Weapons: None (???)
Credits: 1,350 Cr
Prerequisites: Hub plot, Boron Rank 10000
Are you sure about those pre-reqs?
Just completed the Hub plot a few minutes ago & Boron rep is currently at 'Knight of the Kingdom 5%', but no Lost Lar start available :(.
Not sure how that rep translates numerically, but I think it's the highest rank, maybe the % needs to be higher?
Any other ideas how to unlock Lost Lar? (other than a registry hack) - was rather looking forward to using that start for my next game.

Carlo the Curious
x4

Post by Carlo the Curious » Sun, 7. Dec 08, 22:43

GCU Grey Area wrote:
supakillaii wrote:Name of the Start: Lost Lar
Sector: Xenon Core 023
Ship: Angel (TP)
Weapons: None (???)
Credits: 1,350 Cr
Prerequisites: Hub plot, Boron Rank 10000
Are you sure about those pre-reqs?
Just completed the Hub plot a few minutes ago & Boron rep is currently at 'Knight of the Kingdom 5%', but no Lost Lar start available :(.
Not sure how that rep translates numerically, but I think it's the highest rank, maybe the % needs to be higher?
Any other ideas how to unlock Lost Lar? (other than a registry hack) - was rather looking forward to using that start for my next game.
The highest race rep is 1 million.

As to 'sure', they were from the gamestarts XML file, but the only guide we have to go on for the actual meaning of the numbers is some comments in the file (see the previous couple of pages) - there's no guarantee they're correct.

I still didn't have Aldrin Adventurer last time I checked, although I definately meet what we think are the requirements (even numerically), and others have reported it enabled with the same ranks/rep.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Mon, 8. Dec 08, 04:24

You still don't have it? Hmm... There's something fishy about this... :/ And gratz for getting Moderator tag ;)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 04:24

Carlo the Curious wrote:I still didn't have Aldrin Adventurer last time I checked, although I definately meet what we think are the requirements (even numerically), and others have reported it enabled with the same ranks/rep.
Finally managed to start unlocking several more starts in my game after restarting (as a Goner). Think what might have happened is that something reset the record of achieved starting conditions. My suspicion is that the 1.2.1 hotfix might have been responsible & that any starting conditions achieved before this point were forgotten until I did them again on the new start.

Maybe 1 or more of the Aldrin pre-reqs in your game were lost this way? e.g. did you complete the Terran plot before 1.2.1? - I did & think that might have been what prevented me from unlocking USC Commander (which is now available, having just finished the Terrran plot for the 2nd time). Hopefully Aldrin will also unlock when I redo the other pre-reqs.

supakillaii
xr

Re: [LIST] Starting points v0.9.7b

Post by supakillaii » Tue, 6. Jan 09, 12:55

Warning! Warning! Necromancy detected in Sector 97! Warn- *bzzt*
Update: Changed the Race Rank Prequisitions from Numbers to Letters (FINALLY)

Eh, I had forgotten this, for playing TC and now L4D :roll:
Sorry about it :(

Carlo the Curious
x4

Enabling specific plot starts

Post by Carlo the Curious » Wed, 7. Jan 09, 00:51

A bit of messing around indicates that the requirements bitmask is used for the value of the GameStarts registry key.

e.g if you set Gamestarts to 530 (decimal) that enables Aldrin Adventurer.

So, if you want to enable only specific starts (for some reason) you can just OR the values together in calc or whatever. For example, USC Commander (6), Savage Split (4) and Anonymous Argon (16384) would be 6 | 4 | 16384 = 16390 (0x4006).

Of course, if other starts share reqs they'll be enabled as well (Pious Paranid would also be enabled by the previous example).

0x6FDE is all the conditions used for the current starts, and 0x7FFE all the conditions (bits 0 and 15 aren't used). Although 0xFFFF will work just as well. :)

EDIT: oh, and regarding Aldrin Adventurer (or my lack thereof) it seems the game (or the registry) thinks my Argon rank isn't good enough, for some reason (it's Hero of the Federation). :?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Thu, 8. Jan 09, 06:39

I lost all my previously unlocked starts when i did an uninstall/reinstall chasing a problem that was causing TC to lock up, so just thought i would bring that to peoples attention as well.

Legionnaire
Mobo MSI Z270 Gaming M3 CPU i5 7600K @4.2
RAM 16Gb Corsair Vengeance
2x 1TB (RAID 0)+ 4TB SSHD + 3TB HDD + 500GB SSD (Windows and X4 install Locatrion)
Windows 10 PRO
8GB MSI 1070Ti

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”