EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

how does the equip ship like command work?
View previous topic :: View next topic
Enuo

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 8. Nov 08, 06:14    Post subject: how does the equip ship like command work? Reply with quote Print

It seems to want two different inputs or ship selections, ive tried a variety of combinations but none seem to cause anything to happen. I tried searching forum but it wasnt much help. And theres no explanation of the command in the manual.

rearm/resupply ship commands also doesnt seem to be explained either.

moggy2

PostPosted: Sat, 8. Nov 08, 09:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The command makes a resupply ship supply mulitple items to a ship. The list of items is taken from the equipment of another ship.
It's designed to help replace ships lost in combat.

It takes 2 ships as the input.

The first ship is the ship to be copied
The second ship is the ship to recieve all the upgrades.

if the second ship is a member of a wing, all the ships in the wing should recieve the upgrades

RSS Feed : Submit News Article : Download Scripts : Image Galleries
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
canslow

PostPosted: Thu, 13. Nov 08, 08:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This is for upgrades only then? Such as Engine Tunings and such? Is there a command I can use to equip my ships with weapons?? Missles and ammo are obviously no problem. Sorry if this is obvious, but I can not figure it out... Thanks!

Enuo

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Nov 08, 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Im not sure i remotely understand it. Since its only a 2 ship input.

Say you have 2 ships, a nova thats fully equipped, and a nova that isnt. How do you make the nova that isnt fully equipped, like the equipped nova. If anyone can answer that, id be immensely grateful. I tried using the only 2 possible combinations there are of the command and both cases, the underequipped nova, didnt do anything, it immediately went to command NONE, instead of flying off to get itself equipped.

jlehtone
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Nov 08, 12:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Enuo wrote:
the underequipped nova, didnt do anything, it immediately went to command NONE, instead of flying off to get itself equipped.

I got the impression from moggy2 saying "resupply ship" that one should have a ship that is supposed to do the supplying (a freighter perhaps), and thus cannot be the "naked ship".

Enuo

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Nov 08, 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

that doesnt make sense to me, that implies a third ship, a supplier, when the script only takes 2 inputs.

Or do you load up one ship, with extra equipment, like doubles of everything, so that it can equip the second ship with weapons/shields?

Tiedyeguy

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Nov 08, 15:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

sounds like it needs 3 ships. Ship A is the supply ship, it is full of all the wares/weapons/missiles etc that are needed. Ship B is your first target, it is "Fully modded". Ship C is same type as Ship B but is empty.
Activate command on Ship A, first select Ship B, then Ship C. Ship A will do it's best to fit Ship C as much like Ship B as possible using the stuff in it's cargo bay.

Enuo

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Nov 08, 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ok that makes a lot more sense! thanks for a clear explanation that helps a ton!

Kitch

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Nov 08, 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I couldn't find anything in game or in the manual about this (and several other things too, like Resupply Ship)

Nothing tells us what requirements there are for the ships involved for software, equipments etc.

Nothing tells us what information its after when asking us to input an arbitrary number or select something (a ship? a station? something form the childrens menu?)

Any chance there'll be a sticky or a .txt release that explains all this stuff like the Official Bonus Pack had?

I haven't been able to use half the stuff my ships tell me they can do as it doesn't make any sense and I'm not going to sit and mash buttons randomly till I figure it out - I've tried that for Resupply Ship and nothing works.

Like this: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=191863

but for X3:TC (as whats in it and seemingly the functionality has changed)

PsychoticFx

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Nov 08, 19:55    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yea, I've been messin around with the resupply commands a bit too but couldnt get anything goin. I feel like a dumb ash cause I see close to 300 views on this thread but noone is sayin anything cause its probably somethin simple that I'm just missin. There are quite a few new features in this game that have minimal or no details on how to use. I too hope they will put some kind of detailed instructions up maybe in the scripts stickies or somethin like the bonus plugin commands had details and instructions. Maybe an "X3 Terran Conflict Commands for Dummies" like me Surprised Will do the old "trial and error" method till I get it.

canslow

PostPosted: Fri, 14. Nov 08, 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have got the re-supply command to work in the following situation:
have an empty fighter near my Orca
Orca has shields and weapons in the hold compatible with the fighter
hit resupply ship command, fighter as the target
i then pick from the list what ware to transport over to the target fighter
input the number of wares and it transports it over

you need at the very least special command software and a transporter device

you then get a message saying:

Group Resupplied!
Up to 5 25MJ Shield transferred to group leader by null.

the target fighter in my case was part of a 30 fighter wing, i was hoping that all 30 ships in this case would receive the wares. i definitely had enough stock in the Orca to fill the order, but alas only the one ship got the goods

With the way X3:TC is (needing fleets), it would be nice if there were some way to equip 30 fighters with the same equipment AND have it installed. You can do this quite nicely when buying multiple ships at a shipyard. However, as we all know, equipment docks can only carry a certain amount of any one ware (4 HEPTs for example). IF it happens to have 4 in stock, you will actually buy 40 (if buying 10 fighters) and equip them, but I like my M3 fighters to be maxed out, ie 8 HEPTs. Anyone that has made carrier wings knows that it is a major PITA to equip and set commands for 30 ships. Also, the point of making your own ships becomes very tedious having to do them one..at..a..time...

Perhaps I am missing something too, but I was under the impression these types of things were going to be easier in X3:TC. I am sadly dissappointed in that respect. I emplore the dev's to make this process easier, or if it IS possible to tell us how! Thanks.

Enuo

PostPosted: Sat, 15. Nov 08, 06:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

resupply ship is an easier one to figure out. Say you have a freighter, you tell it to resupply ship, select an orca or whatever, a ship that cant dock. Then select a ware, like energy cells, and tell it the amount. The freighter will go off and buy the energy cells and deposit/transport with transporter device, up to the amount you told it to get. However, you have to be careful because they blindly fly to xenon sectors to obey the resupply command.