[AL PLUGIN] The Marauder Shipyard - v0.5 - updated: 23.01.2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Teladidrone
x3tc

[AL PLUGIN] The Marauder Shipyard - v0.5 - updated: 23.01.2009

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 03:45

AL Plugin: The Marauder Shipyard
Version: 0.5
Copyright (c) 2008-2009 Teladidrone
All bugs you may stumble upon strictly belong to me and are to be turned over for questioning immediately!

Download:
[ external image ]
(spk format) - requires the Plugin Manager.

Trivia:

Ever since Don Marani helped Julian Brennan to sabotage the Paranid Nividium experiments a few jazuras ago (X3:Reunion plot line), his once thriving smuggling business has gone down the drain.
The other Pirate factions (most importantly the Yaki) don't trust him anymore and are mad at him for betraying them; and the Paranid hate his guts for the role The Don played in stopping their Supergate experiments, too.
The Paranid even sent an expedition fleet to kill or at least capture Don Marani; they did not succeed but their ongoing attacks finally forced him out of Farnham's Legend.
Now The Don is running - continuously relocating his shipyard to various Pirate sectors trying to hide from the Paranid's revenge.
While on the run The Don stumbled upon an old abandoned Pirate transport ship that had blueprints for almost all known Pirate ships and for some very secret factories in its cargo hold.
Finally a great chance to get back into the big business!
And Don Marani started building and selling those ships and factories at his shipyard...

Technical:
  • This plugin adds Don Marani's Marauder shipyard to a random Pirate sector.
  • The shipyard will sell all Pirate ships and several otherwise not available factories.
  • The stock of the shipyard is linked to the player's notoriety - you will need to have a high relationship with at least one of the 6 main races to get it to stock higher value merchandise.
    And if your ranking is high enough The Marauder will even start selling the Pirate M1/M2/M7 capital ships!
  • Available factories include:
    Everything producing illegal wares, Nividium Mine, Disruptor Missile Factory, Spacefly Farm, Plasma Burst Generator Forge, Incendiary Bomb Launcher Forge, Plasma Beam Cannon Forge, Phased Array Laser Cannon Forge and even a top secret Boarding Pod Factory.
  • The Marauder Mechanic - he will over tune your ships. For a price, of course.
Oh, and the last time I talked with the drunken Don at the shipyards bar he mentioned something about a Boron scientist who he is holding as a hostage; from what I gathered that scientist was a member of the original Bala Gi research team and I wouldn't be surprised if The Don gets his hands on the blueprints for the infamous PHQ sooner or later...

Resources:
8370-L044
8370-L039

Changelog:
11.11.2008 Release of version 0.1
19.11.2008 Version 0.2 - added the Marauder Mechanic.
05.12.2008 Version 0.3 - added Plasma Beam Cannon Forge; minor adjustments to the Marauder Mechanic.
21.12.2008 Version 0.4 - added Phased Array Laser Cannon Forge.
23.01.2009 Version 0.5 - added Mobile Repair Ship for sale; fixed a potential overflow calculating overtuning costs; Italian translation (courtesy of Xangar).
Last edited by Teladidrone on Fri, 23. Jan 09, 20:24, edited 7 times in total.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 03:45

Screenshot:
[ external image ]

Known issues:
  • The Pirate Ship (TS) is somewhat buggy but I added it for sale anyway; you can not dock it at any station and then find it in the list of docked ships. You can still access its command console using your own property menu (r) though.
  • The Mobile Pirate Base (TL) is not recognized by shipyards as class TL - you can not use it to transport stations.
  • The Boarding Pod factory is called "Special Weapons Production Complex" in the shipyard trade menu.
    There is no way to change that without modding Tfactories - that I do not want to do atm. Maybe later.
    Still, buy this complex, deploy it somewhere and the plugin will convert it to a Boarding Pod factory.
  • It may take up to 30s after deploying one of the special factories before the plugin kicks in and sets the correct products/resources.
    Do not connect them to a complex before this 30s grace period has passed or they will stay broken... and produce only wheat ;)
  • You CAN NOT connect the Spacefly farm to a complex atm - if you try the game will CTD. I seem to recall that there was a similar issue with that in Reunion, too, that required a special mod to fix it.
  • If you think the scripts are not working correctly, first try the "Master reset": disable the plugin in the artificial life menu for a minute and then turn it back on - this will force The Marauder to respawn.
To do/planned:
  • Oh, a whole lot; this is my first script ever and there is probably still a lot to change and fix...
  • Periodically send out Paranid expeditions fleets to destroy the shipyard forcing it to relocate - [working on]
  • Maintain own "Marauder Rank" to determine which ships/factories are for sale.
  • Add missions offered by The Don (linked to the Marauder rank).
Last edited by Teladidrone on Wed, 25. Feb 09, 23:17, edited 2 times in total.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 05:38

Installing Now ....

This sounds like fun

Legionnaire

bounty_hunter66
x4

Post by bounty_hunter66 » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 05:51

The other Pirate factions (most importantly the Yaki) don't trust him anymore and are mad at him for betraying them
Err, you got that wrong...

The Yaki and Marani didnt trust eachother at all....In Reunion the Pirates and the Yaki were ENEMIES, even from the begining of the game. Soo the yaki can't be losing trust in him because they NEVER did trust him

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 10:10

badapuhpahpaa, I'm loving it!
:D

fud
x3

Post by fud » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 14:10

Just an FYI, the "[type] Production Complexes" never worked for player use in Reunion.

I can only assume (but hope I'm wrong) that they don't in TC as well.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 14:30

I don't know about Reunion but I am already producing my own boarding pods... no problems here so far.

JMCorp
x4

Post by JMCorp » Tue, 11. Nov 08, 20:24

in the x3:r plotline the don allied himself with the argon, and went legit. so it would make more sense if he relocated to an argon sector and you had to have argon rep to get the better ships. though i guess it's not really that hard to get rep in TC :P

wraith303
x3tc

Post by wraith303 » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 07:34

Just a quick heads up -- the Incendiary Bomb Launcher says it needs Space Fuel as a resource, but once I hooked it into my complex, it decided that it needed Computers instead... Not a big deal, but a little strange.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 14:13

Interesting.
Once my plugin sets the products/resources after deploying the factory for the first time, it stops caring about them.
Maybe some Ego script kicks in and alters some resources again when they get connected to a complex - I'll look into that tonight.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 16:29

I seem to remember Ashley having similar problems when she was starting out the XL/XXL mod.

You may want to shoot her a PM.

Adjusting/changing resources can be a black art at times.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 18:58

Ok, I looked into it closer.
It is true that my Incendiary Bomb Launcher Forge does not run on Space fuel.
But I did that on purpose - I did not want this forge to use illegal wares because that would cause some race military to pay me a visit and blow the crap out of it if I build in the wrong sector.. :o

wraith303:
It is not possible that my forge ever ran on Space fuel before you connected it to your complex; however, the NPC Incendiary Bomb Launcher forges in game do indeed require Space fuel...

Anyway, I came across another issue with the Spacefly Farm - you can not connect it to a complex, the game will CTD if you try.
I added that to the know issues for the moment.

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 19:23

When'll the Boron scientist give up? Or do I need to come there and help, hm?

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 19:49

supakillaii wrote:When'll the Boron scientist give up? Or do I need to come there and help, hm?
:lol:
Yes he will - in fact he already has.
You will need
Spoiler
Show
2nd highest rank + 1 point with at least one of the main 6 races to get the shipyard to stock the PHQ
...and, there was something else, I forgot now... what was it...
Oh, yeah I remember... a little cash you will need, too. 8)

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 21:19

That I have, thanks to Mr. Marauder 8)

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 06:52

It is true that my Incendiary Bomb Launcher Forge does not run on Space fuel.
But I did that on purpose - I did not want this forge to use illegal wares because that would cause some race military to pay me a visit and blow the crap out of it if I build in the wrong sector..
I dont see the problem? 8)

They are pirate weapons after all... and quite powerful. Risk/reward and all that. But hey, it's your script.

I would use player fight/trade rank to determine ship/station availability.

In the long term, maybe even requiring difficult, racerep-destroying missions to unlock certain factories and ships... :twisted:
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

SilverDragonLord
x4

Post by SilverDragonLord » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 05:59

u could also say after the 2nd or 3rd move get a mission to bring parts and equipment so it can build a weapons platform to defend it from the paranid since moveing a shipyard costs quite abit, maby a custom modle that looks like it was patched togeather from different race parts

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 22:27

Introducing: The Marauder Mechanic

The Marauder Shipyard now has its own mechanic!
This guy has some... well... let's be polite and call it "personal issues" but he is able to overtune your ships. For a price of course...
The mission will start if you dock at the Shipyard.

SVoyager
x4

Post by SVoyager » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 08:32

Tried your mechanic today.

OMFG this is the biggest laugh i've had in a while. As you initiate repairs, you hear the dude working on it. Then BOOM! LOL HAHA!!!

Then a few seconds later... small boom... and then BOOOOM again even louder! omg hilarious!

Damn the mods here sometimes are full of surprises! nice work!!

Chroniss
x3tc

Post by Chroniss » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 10:43

This is really cool, I like the missing factories here. I have a request though, can you make a factory that produces the experimental beam weapons like Plasma Beam Cannon? Its a really cool weapon but it doesn't exist in the game and the Cerberus is kind of dull without it.

I assume thats different from the Plasma Burst Generator thats already in, but I havn't heard of that one so IDK. And maybe if its not too hard you could make some mission behind these. Complete the mission and the shipyard sells the new factory, that would be awesome :D

Edit- Okay I see your way ahead of me here, but still think about the PBC and maybe some other missing weapons that weren't included in the vanilla game.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”