deleted

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dreamwind99
x3tc

Post by Dreamwind99 » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 22:00

After using this script it doesn't effect combat much as far as I can see one reason being repairs are done in blocks every 20 secs or so not instant like a laser.

Other thing I like is coupled with a cheated Aran/mobile repair ship you have a rather nice mobile repair/supply base that can dock 30 m6's and a capital ship. :lol: :)

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 15:29

Hi, fraid I don`t have this working.
I have 2 TM's with 5 marines on each, but none of the docked ships are getting repaired.
I have 1.2.1 installed on a boxed installation.
I do have a few other scripts running, so script editor is enabled.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 17:26

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 17:31

have the latest 1.01
I did have 1.0 and got 1.01 when you released it.

smbh

Post by smbh » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 14:45

Is it possible to read the marine stats? If so, maybe have the repair (and possible other future release uses) depend on the stats?

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Fri, 7. Nov 08, 17:26

Sorry you can ignore my previousposts. Seems that I hadn`t got the latest. I think I had some issues downloading it, when i first tried.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 11:03

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.

jazzmanflynn
xr

spacesuit repairs

Post by jazzmanflynn » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 17:19

Great script, sure beats flying around with repair laser, cheers!!!

I decided that it would be cool to have the marines repair the outside of the ship as well. I liked the idea in the post earlier about 75% repairs can be done inside, but marines would need to eject to finish off repairs.

I've no idea what affect this has on performance as I don't get great performance anyway, and have only tested in 3 worlds with 3 marines in sector which is pretty chilled in my universe.

It doesn't work as a full script yet, just enough lines to prove the concept, but I thought i'd share and se if it is something you want to incorporate or I may release my own marine repair squad if not;)

Basically, the ship "spacesuit" has a repair laser, I do a script with TARGET ship for argument and order spacesuit follow that ship (it is a little supertuned) then "fire on TARGET with turret 0" in loop condition if TARGET hull is less than max hull.

Let me know if you find this useful as I think the 2 ideas combined for interior and exterior repairs is best. Otherwise I will make a marine repair squad.

Thank you very much for your script.

Thygrrr
x3tc

Post by Thygrrr » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 22:28

This is an IMMENSELY useful and "in theme" mod. Thank you!
X³ - Terran Conflict, Steam Version
Mein DXDIAG dump (clicky)

X3UNIVERSELORD
x3

Post by X3UNIVERSELORD » Mon, 17. Nov 08, 15:46

Your download has failed. There were no available download servers.
Click here to try your download again. Click here to try your download again.
Mind sharing it somewhere else as a backup mirror, because this does not work so well as it should :)

plynak
x3tc

Post by plynak » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 11:08

There was an error processing your request. Please wait while your request is retried in 10 seconds...

If this error persists, please contact FileFront support.
Yes please, add it to the Rapidshare or somewhere else for a download. Thanks.
Intel Core i5 4590, 2 x 8GB DDR3 1600, MSI GTX 1060 Armor, Asus H97 Pro, Asus Xonar DG, Crucial MX100 128GB SSD + 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Seasonic S12G 550W, Corsair 550D, 22'' LG

Luckychuck
x4

Post by Luckychuck » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 14:13

I just downloaded this and I'm having a problem with it. It's not working and it doesn't show up in the AL menu. There seems to be a script missing from the spk.........a setup script? Can someone confirm this? In the file I downloaded there are 9 scripts and 1 T file.

On a side note, I don't use the Plugin Manager, but extract the files manually with the SPK Explorer. If I try to extract all it comes up with an error. If I select all and then extract the selected files it works. Never had this problem with any other spk.

Any help getting this to work is appreciated. Thanks!

Luckychuck
x4

Post by Luckychuck » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 02:13

tatakau, are you still here?

Still can't get this to work. I still think the V1.01 spk is missing the setup script. ?? As I don't have the V1.00 spk, I can't check to see if there was one in there.

Can anyone help please? Thanks.

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 02:40

ive just extracted my version and also get 9 scripts and 1 t file, however mine is working fine when i run it through plugin manager.

the spk version file name/number is

MarineRepairs-V1.01-01.118.spk
file size 21kb
right click propetties size 20.7 KB (21,239 bytes)

Legionnaire

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 03:02

Ahh, I remember now. This happened to me too. It was during the during the download the file got corrupted. I just downloaded it again, and that time it worked. Try downloading it again, and yet again if that don't work either. Filefront's problem I guess :)

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Thu, 4. Dec 08, 19:38

Errrrrr, does these Marines insta-repair ships? I just captured a Xenon LX with 9% hull, and jumped out. I was about to go outside to repair it as I forgot I got marines aboard and it was magically repaired within what must have been under 30 seconds (?!?).

I thought they at least use some time to do this, or am I wrong?

EDIT: No matter, after poking around a bit I found a 15 second timer. I set it to 600 instead for me :)

Luckychuck
x4

Post by Luckychuck » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 01:56

Yeah!!! :D I got to work.

Much thanks to both of you, Legionnaire and xiriod. I followed both of your advice. I re-downloaded it and used the Plugin Manager to extract it. I think that maybe the spk explorer was corrupting one or more of the scripts when I tried to extract them since it did give me an error. :oops:

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

xiriod
x3tc

Post by xiriod » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 01:59

Luckychuck wrote:Yeah!!! :D I got to work.

Much thanks to both of you, Legionnaire and xiriod. I followed both of your advice. I re-downloaded it and used the Plugin Manager to extract it. I think that maybe the spk explorer was corrupting one or more of the scripts when I tried to extract them since it did give me an error. :oops:

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Great to hear! :) I always extract the spk's and install the oldschool way. But that's me :D

Luckychuck
x4

Post by Luckychuck » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 02:24

xiriod wrote:

Great to hear! :) I always extract the spk's and install the oldschool way. But that's me :D
Actually, I installed it the old school way too. I just used the plugin manager to "load" it into my fake game folder, then copied just the necessary scripts and the t file and put them in my real game folder.

Lancefighter
x4

Post by Lancefighter » Fri, 5. Dec 08, 04:36

*poke* from what I understand, new script instructions have been added... specifically, one to get marine level or something.

are there any plans to further work on this project because of that?

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”