[SCRIPT] LazCorp Claim Sector / Unknown Sector v1.02 - Updated 06.11.2008

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Lazerath
x4

[SCRIPT] LazCorp Claim Sector / Unknown Sector v1.02 - Updated 06.11.2008

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 06:20

===========================================
Name: LazCorp Claim Sector / Unknown Sector
Version: V1.02
Author: Lazerath
Released: 03/11/2008 (dd/mm/yyyy)
Updated: 06/11/2008

:arrow: Download LazCorp Claim Unknown Sector v1.02 (Requires Cycrows Plugin Manager found Here!)

Script Adds:

Ship Menu Command: LazCorp Claim Sector (Custom Menu)

Ability to Claim Sectors

*** Your ship MUST have Navigational Command Software MKI installed to be able to claim a sector ***

This script enables players to claim any sector (known or unknown) as their own. It changes the Race in the Universe Map to their player name.

In order to claim a sector owned by another race, the player must destroy any Shipyard, Military Outpost, Equipment Dock or Trading Station in that sector that is owned by the race of that sector. Then the player must set up his/her Player headquarter, Equipment Dock or Trading station in that sector. After you've set up your Station, go to your ship menu, custom, click on "LazCorp Claim Sector".

In order to claim an unknown sector, simply build your Player Headquarter, an Equipment Dock, or a Trading Station and then go to your ship menu, custom and click on "LazCorp Claim Sector:

Vuwalla! Its done.

If you are only interested in claiming unknown sectors and not race owned sectors, download version 1.01 instead.

:arrow: Ver 1.02 (New Release)

Change Log:

* Ability to claim any sector

* Claiming a race sector puts you in a state of war with that race. Your Notority with that race drops significantly once you claim their sector.

* If you have a police license for that particular race who you just attacked...You can kiss it goodbye!

**Future release will include retaliation attacks from the race who lost their sector.

Ver 1.01

:arrow: Download LazCorp Claim Unknown Sector v1.01 *This version only works on Unknown Sectors (Requires Cycrows Plugin Manager found Here!)
:arrow: Right Click on Download link and choose Save As

- Complete overhaul of the script which improves its usability.
- Script now uses proper checks so the command is only available when the ship running the command (any Player owned ship) is in an Unknown Sector which has either a Player headquarters or Player Equipment Dock.
- Command can now be run from ANY player owned Ship.

Example: You send your TL Class ship to an Unknown Sector. You jump in, build your Equipment dock but then have to jump out right away because one of your Convoys is under attack. After dealing with the pirate scum who attacked your convoy you remember you never claimed that unknown sector.

Simply go to the Universe Map, select the unknown sector with your Equipment Dock/Headquarters. Select any of your ships in that sector and go to their "Custom" menu and choose "Claim Unknown Sector". Vuwalla its done!
Last edited by Lazerath on Tue, 5. Jan 10, 05:10, edited 8 times in total.
COMPUTER SPECS
[Mobo] SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
[CPU] AMD FX-9370 8 Cores 4.4 - 4.7GHZ 16MB DDR3-1866
[Cooling] Corsair Hydro Series H80I CPU Cooler System
[Video] Evga 970 GTX SC 3.5Gb Ram ==> [Ram] G-Skills Ripjaws X 16GB
[Harddrive] (2) x Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 06:55

i think the link is broken. when i go to it i get
SPKCycrow;4.00;1;303 ��ÌxœM‘QKÃ0…ßû+ÎãskÝ)"È&"ˆ6E¯i\ÃÚ¤»I6ê¯÷¶+×¹ç;÷ä•j￾ã…~—Ž,+25ÞíÞº“ÅF«àWøœo—ÉC¥ã^«™B™|höÆÙÇl’fÉŠ‚8¥óY–Í®Óô6Yi¯rÜ}óý¶4^±i¨ªÜÉ#”ME­f7pÉ"hFS/4y›âËEÔчnPi´.2Ö½G©©8Dâ ‘ÐÍY<¢ijmVNí1ZGV%y]à‡]ÇjÁâ2†±}˜3qÒÝ-v®KÕ”�E/NQ† ¨Ò9¯'CäsES<ËbQtŒ’ [‘‘ÝiÿϺÇa4à¢5G «QS3¾À†F¬|Ê4y’óÒñM²éûÛ¶￾´ü&Ü5»Xä—{òI"ŸóFileHeader;4;127;2819;1;2 ���ãxœ}ÌY Â0@Ñ2½¼au% ¦ÚJWo§¯þßs‡8çÚ„€@k±b¬t￾M-µ¬—|WeÜãc®*–1OjIQÅëMmS9 oXÀ~½÷lŽüŸ Ü;ÿ±￾B·KjkU‡‡sÚš8AÒ?ŽÆvN„ðŠžìŒDˆ��|]�� �|�������ˇØÎf‘ƒÊý{3Ôé·Ú(²*Žþp0HG°“vr&¼A p,¨ý¨N€&5ø™ò#öÞR<'<²·T·vÚ¢KåU(=a |å³” hçð©ØÿˆtA.BÛ>Èf‘V¥ïÎÒ?vù$gÙ¢Û￾»_>¨Œ~•Êr†û￾Í›„Ê·DàýÆ°(t}Õ³— "hà ívÙŠž�o‡éKG`ßq1ft=ÎMN&Ž$Ö8«š…v‡÷¶È,!žµYZAûÐÌu gÕƒA·Æúܳ³ÝØç÷¢Ÿ‹‘§oüÔ3N_U ß¹H¯ð ß±g6Hßæ.äÆkaÝíÙUÚ‡ V厈qe_Eùê¹oOsÂå„c°»mB ý 9ЫâK•tîn^:”ÓaØŽ!†Uì¾— }Ù7:$ÏêAúï-SS×–}wŸ',.†’B38X¼ìiqN, Û÷À ~Ù¶ª@í›j?š￾ézŒˆZ±Lt9(D†ö­æ5¥™Ï~‰Œ’‹©￾Ôö½°ŒÔ_èÊhêVeª)ú®5¿1ó;äiësHFF$ú¯»½j­￾ève·É￾o0%ÉàR N£ç¡qÌ'„&[ªþ0H*9￾ϧŒôÎœ(Jâ"N£„°=ƒc–—¾(‘¡º￾üˆD¶6mu\§…e ÐôÕŠf)¨õMômZÇ￾àò÷GS‡•´Óg(»ºŽS’&zà°ÁUžbcÎ"￾ÅuŽžN¬vŽ‰ƒÑ<²>µ¯WW[;¯￾Ã<¸íõˆJ~\��§]�� �§�������ˇØÎf‘ƒÊý{3Ôé·Ú(²*Žþp0HG°“vr&¼A p,¨ý¨N€&5ø™ò#öÞR<'<[÷H¡5•{å§ÖEièF©￾ýi5@³lÖÆžíï?‹Ê_[ôOååSS™})„ü蹈Øì-¸•m{|në ÂÌH•%nsWã¨ÂÈžquS²°6æFC¥ïJ< Ň$äÎP-ÂÔKxCK@î²DS€¹<¤>@0—t"%HœN¼¯-¡» Ò�hÓâ§rz"ÚLÑÈIú4ª!L¡*Ô™€4ˆ©MM¤-ê-’`؇Ú`8±å* ­¨æDÂ˶þ×¾Ä [õ¿¯^üÊ.gÇ•áË ?Ycrè®_ŒçŸFx€=š‹ê =Ö&¸/ê‘ã?åPæ/3b(¶´ŸøYÓIᔾ£W•iñi÷•±Ç¶Å[2ý￾î�¥]œAö‹'|ªçÇ￾*›9ˆºwÝÖ�þ¥CLDý‰��v]�� �v�������ˇØÎf‘ƒÊý{3Ôé·Ú(²*Žþp0HG°“vr&¼A p,¨ý¨N€&5ø™ò#öÞR<'ëxVç,¨bã¼VfrÞ¾Í7¤Ak%ÅC÷yஇÅõ Àô…4Äå*U¿‚ šB6‘Ò&Ü�￾w4T©þ˜￾¶ÍGwœTŸOÍ7-ß»òÃgpY=»Í]V¥ÕJþ%:[Ðíÿ¯ï;Sš/Ú>SÁ~;4GÂE®ŠÚ￾ý#×àéóÏE¬öâ¸j<¨Â[Šx…5�›ægèˆâ>^)%=Ä›Aü6ÀpO}˜Êýq@«IøG=çS#Ÿö”ƒÕÃ!ÚqtÔ¡Jòó(µ½TÕâéu{-jUo7»£¶˜Ó=6#F"/›«{Öô^;￾•ÂªŠ6§šÍ÷·8”B6þ,ñwm￾Â;WMååÖkÕ"÷ûyH;Lt1æ¼I￾[ ÁK%‘kÃX³í/½‘\XÅ:—Øæ-[†u￾FßèV.<ç��]�� ��������ˇØÎf‘ƒÊý{3Ôé·Ú(1v%f M)Ãn…@￾*§X}÷￾n ÉF¯¿¦Ö,W:￾úks˪+áxyNéT0‹}¥ëˆoD —“úÓhñº„ýæeñº}ƒ"ª À×ìÖUòx‰M˜”åä5Ä%ÔØ￾—ÛüWÝu„ì￾9 BuÏW§¨ß›Kþð_ì}*!ƒ1ˆHRnç4ä¯ld¬zh9ô )žxžÓŒkû 0€Éƒï@""ã¼zOqýòTa7'‹fÜ°ì¥Hû~j“~ªv￾ÖP”ÎYDýuù9´ $o›î; ´gåbš½îž®³´äÔúƒ7êKÐL¢￾® PÖÙäóò2o\›lº￾Í´jÃ=sµËiˆuª¶gzØ

Advice?

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 07:02

Nope, its not broken ;-)

You need to "Right Click" on the link LazCorp Claim Unknown Sector and choose "Save Link As" (Firefox) or "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer) because of the way my web server is setup.

:wink:
COMPUTER SPECS
[Harddrive] Samsung 840 Series 120GB SSD ==> [Harddrive] WD BLACK 1TB 64MB 7200RPM
[Disc Player] LG 14X BLU-RAY BURNER ==> [Case] Thermaltake A71 Chaser [Windows 7 Pro]

Thrandisher
x4

Post by Thrandisher » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 07:17

On opera it saved it as a .html

I just renamed it to a .spk and it loaded right up in plugin manager.

Thanks for this. I just started a new game as a pirate and was looking for a good unknown sector to camp out. Now i have a goal for it! ;)

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 15:35

Thanks for this.. Things I would like to see/recommend for enhancements..

1) ability to attack a sector and after clearing it of any hostile ships and/or factories AND barring there being any other trading base, you can claim the sector as well... i.e. I attack a sector listed as Pirate. After clearing out the bases and pirates, I can then claim the sector after placing a Trading port or HQ of my own. Thus you can claim any sector not just unknown ones but you need to clear it of any hostile ships or bases first and place an trading post or hq.

2) Attempt by previous sector owner to take back the sector... Perhaps a major attack within a random period of time of which I will need to defend the sector against them trying to get it back... and then perhaps randomly they then continue to periodically launch incursions to try and get their sector back thus requiring you to purchase and set up defenses lest you loose it back to them at some point.

Further future ideas for this might even include things like where you can "hire" strike forces or mercenaries to help you take over a sector. Then if you clear the sector and suddenly find you cannot afford to pay them their fee (based on how many ships and bases they killed for you ... and it should be expensive me thinks) they can turn on you suddenly demanding ownership of the sector or immediate payment or perhaps they just attack you now. You could also be able to hire these same groups as defenders of your new sector and you would need to set up a contract for payment of their services etc etc...

Anyhow, great job on this and thanks. My ideas are just that.. some ideas...
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 18:00

Thanks for the reply guys.

@ Malakie

There is already a Sector Take Over script for X3 Reunion which I think the author is already working on porting it to X3 Terran Conflict. It does most, if not all of what you've suggested.

If he doesn't end up porting it, then I will work on adding some of the ideas you've posted to this script ;-).

Thanks again!
COMPUTER SPECS

Malakie
x4

Post by Malakie » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 18:57

Lazerath wrote:Thanks for the reply guys.

@ Malakie

There is already a Sector Take Over script for X3 Reunion which I think the author is already working on porting it to X3 Terran Conflict. It does most, if not all of what you've suggested.

If he doesn't end up porting it, then I will work on adding some of the ideas you've posted to this script ;-).

Thanks again!

Aye, I use that script in X3 but did not know if it was being ported... Figured if not, then perhaps you would update yours.. Guess we should wait and see before making redundant versions..... Thanks..
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

tc3
x3tc

Post by tc3 » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 20:56

dying to try this out, thanks mate:)

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 21:43

Good work fella!
1 question though, does this work with the HUB? It already has your own station (welll hub) in there, i would be preferable not to have to put a trading port or equiptment dock in there as well.

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 22:06

Yes, It works with the Hub.

Once you own the hub, run the command and the sector is yours (No need to add an equipment dock or hq to the hub sector)!

:D
COMPUTER SPECS

Brodie
x4

Post by Brodie » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 01:49

already works with the HUB!? [points at Lazerath] this man is a genius!!
Give him medals or stuff!
:D

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 12:06

Whats a HUB? you mean the complexes?

edit--- Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you something. I want to change the script for myself just so I can claim any sector. How would I do that?

LarryBurstyn
x4

Questions

Post by LarryBurstyn » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 14:50

Does your script prevent other races from building factories in your Sector or charges them rent if they are allowed to build factories?

Does it prevent respawns of pirates, Zaach, and others in the Unknown sector?

Lazerath
x4

Re: Questions

Post by Lazerath » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 18:27

LarryBurstyn wrote:Does your script prevent other races from building factories in your Sector or charges them rent if they are allowed to build factories?
I haven't checked to see if it stops other races from building stations in your sector. In fact I don't even remember if I have ever seen a non-player race build a station in any unknown sector (ever).

If they do, I will add this to the script for you guys if its wanted.
LarryBurstyn wrote:Does it prevent respawns of pirates, Zaach, and others in the Unknown sector?
I never checked for this. If someone else wants to test it for me

:wink: :wink: as I don't have the time right now. I am working on another script.

Cheers.
COMPUTER SPECS

LTerSlash
x4

Post by LTerSlash » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 20:30

Well done, good scritp.

Why a equipment dock and PHQ, and no a trading station? if you look all sectors there is a constant that always repeat... all sectors in-game has a trading station. The Hub should be also added to the list.

Can you change the color of the claimed sector in the universe map? like what happends when a mission send you to another sector it hightlight it in a orange color. Is possible to highlight the sector in a well... maybe green color?

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 20:46

LTerSlash wrote:Well done, good scritp.

Why a equipment dock and PHQ, and no a trading station? if you look all sectors there is a constant that always repeat... all sectors in-game has a trading station. The Hub should be also added to the list.

Can you change the color of the claimed sector in the universe map? like what happends when a mission send you to another sector it hightlight it in a orange color. Is possible to highlight the sector in a well... maybe green color?
EDIT: It appears as though Altzhiemers has set in. I forgot that it also works with Trading Stations :S. LoL. I will update the original post!

I will also look into changing the color of the sector on the universe map too.
BlackRain wrote:Whats a HUB? you mean the complexes?

edit--- Oh yeah, I wanted to ask you something. I want to change the script for myself just so I can claim any sector. How would I do that?
I am going to be releasing a version where you can claim any sector sometime over the next few days ;-)
COMPUTER SPECS

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 11:46

I have updated this script but not to the level of the old sector takeover script for X3 Reunion.

You can now claim any sector.
Your Notority drops in the toilet when you claim another races sector.

A future release will include retaliation skirmishes from the race you stole the sector from.

Cheers.
COMPUTER SPECS

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 13:26

Does it stop the spawning of Enemy ships and other race factories?

-edit- I downloaded the script and it doesn't work when I try to load it in the plugin manager. The new version. Says unable to open package file

Lazerath
x4

Post by Lazerath » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 16:52

BlackRain wrote:Does it stop the spawning of Enemy ships and other race factories?
I never tested that. I am pretty sure it will stop most spawning enemy ships and I don't think any enemy stations will pop up either.

BlackRain wrote:-edit- I downloaded the script and it doesn't work when I try to load it in the plugin manager. The new version. Says unable to open package file
Download Fixed. I named the file wrong :S Ooops.. It was late when I finished the script change ;-)
COMPUTER SPECS

Seana7a7
x3tc

Post by Seana7a7 » Thu, 6. Nov 08, 17:10

Any chance of a name changer for sectors in this mod.

Good Mod

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”