[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 20:38

Ahh I get you. Funny you mention you're using an ipod, I'm tapping this out on my phone :wink:.

Yeah if the pilot says something before bailing then that is the stock bailing behaviour, as it would be without this script.

OK so at least 2 confirmed reports of this problem and 2 confirmed reports of no problem at all. Grrr. First thing to try is uninstalling the script and reinstalling, as it might be the plugin manager didn't update the file with the fix in it.

Other than that (rather crap) advice, I'm really not sure.

Is it only ever mission ships that are unclaimable? Has it always been a problem or only in a recent version? Is it all mission ships or just some of them that can't be claimed?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 21:49

I've only just started using this software and the only ships ive had problems with are mission ships, ive come across and been able to claimships floating in space as im travelling through sectors. as a side note i am not using Cycrows Salvage Claim software is it possible that using that bypasses the issue some of us are seeing? would be good to get some feedback on that from others both those with and without the claiming problem.

Legionnaire

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 23:25

If you use the Salvage Claim Software 'Claim' command, rather than the claim option in the context menu (i.e. if you are an astronaut), it will definitely work. It is only claiming the normal way that has problems - for some people at least.

SIKY
x3tc

Post by SIKY » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 21:22

hi !

i have read this topic, all the topic, but i don't find a response to my problem:

i try severals times to claim a ship.
i can claim it, it's a caiman alone in the dark space of three world, but each time i try to claim it, an Argon patrol turn red immediately :evil:
i re-try as different times, go away in next sector, dock in stations...
every time i claim it, every time Cerber comes ennemy :cry:

is it a solution ? or there is no hope
is that came frequently ?

sorry for my bad english :oops:

Jasper Carrot
x3tc

Post by Jasper Carrot » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 00:38

Ok. I see this is for NPC "little ships" Would this effect larger ships as well?? M6,7,8 and up??

Would this only effect NPC-NPC battles??

Coz I'm gettin Xenon Q's and J's which I attack myself giving up and turning blue for me to capture and in some Xenon sectors there is the occasional M6,8 with no pilots waiting to be taken over too.

I agree with some of the provious posts. The bail rate is very high. In a small scirmish with 4 or 5 pirate M3,4,5 I'm ending up with 3 or 4 capped ships.

Works great with Salvage Claim too :wink:

Or does TC simply have big ship bailing already??

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 02:35

SIKY wrote:i try severals times to claim a ship.
i can claim it, it's a caiman alone in the dark space of three world, but each time i try to claim it, an Argon patrol turn red immediately :evil:
i re-try as different times, go away in next sector, dock in stations...
every time i claim it, every time Cerber comes ennemy
LOL. Not seen this problem before at all myself and noone else has reported it. I have no idea what could cause this. Maybe the ship has some illegal cargo or something? Have you checked if they are actually enemy (i.e. they try to attack you) or if somehow claiming the ship has just changed your freind-foe settings?

Jasper Carrot wrote:Ok. I see this is for NPC "little ships" Would this effect larger ships as well?? M6,7,8 and up??

Would this only effect NPC-NPC battles??

. . .

I agree with some of the provious posts. The bail rate is very high. In a small scirmish with 4 or 5 pirate M3,4,5 I'm ending up with 3 or 4 capped ships.
It affects player vs. npc as well as npc vs. npc. As for the other questions:
Use the "Community Configuration Menu" to configure the plugin:

. . .

> Set bail rate: Controls the probability a ship will bail, as well as the hull damage suffered before they bail.

> Big ship bailing: Enable/disable the bailing of big ships. This includes M6, M7 and similar.

> Huge ship bailing: Enable/disable the bailing of huge ships. This includes M1, M2 and similar.

> Set bail rate for big/huge ships: Seperately controls the bail rate of big and huge ships.

Jasper Carrot
x3tc

Post by Jasper Carrot » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 06:27

ThisIsHarsh wrote:
Use the "Community Configuration Menu" to configure the plugin:

. . .

> Set bail rate: Controls the probability a ship will bail, as well as the hull damage suffered before they bail.

> Big ship bailing: Enable/disable the bailing of big ships. This includes M6, M7 and similar.

> Huge ship bailing: Enable/disable the bailing of huge ships. This includes M1, M2 and similar.

> Set bail rate for big/huge ships: Seperately controls the bail rate of big and huge ships.
DOH!!! Forgot that step. Done it now but:
There are NO options for Big ship bailing, Huge ship bailing or Set bail rate for big/huge ships
There are only options for Set bail rate and equipment

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 06:33

Jasper Carrot wrote:There are NO options for Big ship bailing, Huge ship bailing or Set bail rate for big/huge ships
There are only options for Set bail rate and equipment
Chances are you upgraded from an old version and the plugin manager didn't update the t file properly. To sort this, go into your X3TC\t folder and delete the file labelled 7101-L044.xml, then reinstall the script. Let me know if you still have problems.

Jasper Carrot
x3tc

Post by Jasper Carrot » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 06:58

your 1.4 version which you uploaded on the 31st is the same day TC was released in my part of the world. I thought I had the 1.4 version :oops: but I obvioulsy downloaded 1.3 before you uploaded 1.4 :oops:

I am running 1.4 now and have the extra options.

Thanks ThisIsHarsh ...The 1.3 version works a treat for me. Keep up the good work :wink:

SIKY
x3tc

Post by SIKY » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 18:46

LOL. Not seen this problem before at all myself and noone else has reported it. I have no idea what could cause this. Maybe the ship has some illegal cargo or something? Have you checked if they are actually enemy (i.e. they try to attack you) or if somehow claiming the ship has just changed your freind-foe settings?
after i have claim the ship, the patrol turn red and attack my poor caiman, then they destroy me too....
not any illegal cargo in the ship, nothing on my too.
i play the "poor marchand start" ( don't know the real translation in English, i play fr(33)), so i'am Argon, ATM, i don't do any fight.
i will see my friend/foe setting just after claim the ship.

I know that i have something similar with BSE2, but just after an fight, not 1 hour past.... and all the ships was claimed after somes minutes
NPC bail out is and community plug in configuration 're the only scripts installed ATM :wink:

Hegzx
x3tc

Post by Hegzx » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 18:58

Your script had an interesting side-effect in my game in xenon sector :lol:

Look at the amount of abandoned ships

http://img411.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... ipsqx7.jpg

athelred
x3

Post by athelred » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 20:16

I too have seen the issue with ships going hostile after a claim. In two separate cases I have claimed a ship, and then a nearby ship has gone hostile. The ship attacks the claimed ship (and me if I happen to be too close), but once the claimed ship is dead reverts to the non-hostile state (they still appear red in the direct view, but the system view shows them blue and they do not attack).

In one of the cases (I am uncertain about the other, I was not paying attention), the ship that went hostile was immobile before the ship was claimed. As soon as the claimed ship was destroyed it continued on to where ever it had been going in the first place.

I think this is related to the military ship scripts or to the attack scripts. Possibly they did not handle the case where a target bailed, as in the base game that cannot happen?

athelred

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 23:29

Seems like an issue, when doing station protect missions or patrols.
When there are pirates ships attacking, and they bail, they are still named as pirate ..... ship, and this seems to stop me claiming them by normal method. Eject and claim.
Wonder if this is related too the problem of some pirate forces showing as Blue in sectors.
I had SEWN installed and working and it would warn that some sector was under attack from some force. The sectors had Blue Pirate ships all over.

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 07:52

When a big ship bails, is it possible to make the player still have to board it to claim it? I was just thinking, if the crew bailed, the last thing the captain would have done is to lock out the computer, so you shouldn't be able to just use the SCS and gain control. Instead you'd send a boarding party to make the ship safe and gain control that way.

Is this possible? And also reduce the difficulty for the boarding if the ship is neutral, so like an M2 would be as easy to board as an M6 for instance..

Just a thought.
Station Freight Transporter
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 10:45

I'll look into the claimed ships being attacked issue. I have a couple of ideas what it could be. Most likely the patrol ships are seeing the claimed ship has them still set as enemy (in friend-foe settings). I can't be sure about this though without some serious playtesting.

@Hegzx: LOL... That is an issue. Xenon sectors becoming a mass graveyard is a bit of a problem. I think I'll reduce the timeout before abandoned ships explode in xenon sectors to reduce this graveyard effect. Also, if you run my NPC salvagers script, this issue will be much reduced, as NPCs will go into the xenon sector and claim a bunch of the ships (before they, most likely, get destroyed/bail themselves).

@dragonsblade71uk: I'm pretty certain active pirate ships being blue is nothing to do with this script. Maybe it's a feature of the stock game that some pirates are neutral to you, or perhaps it is the result of another script. I will keep an eye out for this however, just in case. The problem of claimed ships turning red is also possibly related to this issue, but unlikely.

@Heretic666: That's a really interesting idea. I could add an option that instead of bailing, the turrets are disabled and the ship stops moving. Yeah, that's quite a good idea. Officially added to my (rather long) todo list.

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Tue, 4. Nov 08, 15:02

Just too clarify, the priates on the missions and patrols are red, but when they bail, they still have Pirate.... Like you can tell a bailed ship cause it loses the race tag.
Like Argon Centaur, would be Centaur if bailed.
These still have Pirate ..... ship and therefore seem to block the claim command

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 03:49

OK, I've tried for hours to experience the problem of some ships not being claimable, but can't find any problem.

A few questions (I would really appreciate feedback as this problem is annoying me greatly):

:arrow: Can anyone else confirm that they have *never* experienced this problem in patrol and defend station missions?

:arrow: Is it as dragonsblade71uk reported for everybody else, in that with ships that are not claimable Betty still qualifies the name with "Pirate" even after they are bailed?

:arrow: Does it affect *all* mission ships in *all* missions, or just some?

:!: I would be very grateful if someone could sort me out with a savegame for ships not being claimable and/or with a claimable ship that causes police etc ships to turn red upon claiming.

Thanks.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 06:03

ThisIsHarsh wrote:A few questions (I would really appreciate feedback as this problem is annoying me greatly):

:arrow: Can anyone else confirm that they have *never* experienced this problem in patrol and defend station missions?
Just a heads up for those of you using this:

The Mission/Director files are what "programs" whether or not a ship that is created specifically for a mission will be claimable or not (from a space suit, not from a script). From my experience, none of them are. Not only that, they are auto-deleted when the mission ends. I captured a mission ship with Marines and when the mission was completed, the ship turned blue (keeping my Marines), then vanished.

I've looked at most of the Director files for the different missions, and in the DSG file (stands for "destroy ship gracefully") AalaarDB says:
<!-- Make sure you've set capturable flag if you want it one way or another
and make sure weird wares are destroyed if you don't want them being captured-->
I don't think any of the authors of mission director files made any of them capturable. At least not in my experience. So if you're trying to claim ships, claim ones that aren't part of a mission, or use the cheat or Cycrow's salvage claim software. That doesn't guarantee they won't vanish on you though, some of the scripting for cleanup can wait 20 minutes before making a ship vanish.

-Grax

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 06:24

Graxster wrote:The Mission/Director files are what "programs" whether or not a ship that is created specifically for a mission will be claimable or not (from a space suit, not from a script). From my experience, none of them are. Not only that, they are auto-deleted when the mission ends. I captured a mission ship with Marines and when the mission was completed, the ship turned blue (keeping my Marines), then vanished.
The vanishing issue only applies to ships captured via marines, so far as I've seen and anyone has reported. The 'caturable flag' only seems to have an effect on if the pilot bails or not, not if the abandoned ship can be claimed.

I have never had any problems claiming a (small) mission ship the normal way (i.e. spacesuit, 'claim' context menu option).

Heretic666
x3tc

Post by Heretic666 » Wed, 5. Nov 08, 07:24

I've had problems (especially on defend missions) with any ship that still has 'Pirate' in the name after the pilot had bailed. This was before I was running your script btw.
Station Freight Transporter
B-O'F: Enjoy whatever you are doing, if you decide to try real scripting one day..

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”