[Mini-Mod] YS-HUD-Mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

[Mini-Mod] YS-HUD-Mod

Post by Samuel Creshal » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 17:49

This Mod tries to resemble the old HUD of the early X²TR screenshots (imho ways better than the X³ one).
Additionally, it changes the HUD icons for all ships and stations (large colored circle around them, to distinguish them more easily), the shield/hull/speed-bars (no segmentation), the mission icons (scaled down to ~50% of their original size), the cursors (changed to fit the style of the HUD) and the auto aim-crosshairs (smaller!). The damage per shot is displayed within the weapon icons. Optionally, the GUI can be made half-transparent and there is a borderless version, where only the current target has this "brackets".
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Feedback and feature requests are welcome. :)

Download and Installation
Since 1.3, the whole mod is included into a installer executable. Run the installer, choose the features you want, the installer does the rest. The mod can be uninstalled via Control Panel/Software like any normal program (listed as Terran Conflict-Update, you need to have updates visible).
Note: This mod does not trigger a "modified" in the statistics!

Version 1.5 ( 17. Jan. 2009 ): [ external image ]
Hashes:
MD5: bd39a0220040dfa1db7b1bc14ec0e3ec
SHA-1: 75495b0e2263c2715d7dd94ab6c7f6f56982bca6
A program like Hashtab is needed for checksum verification.

Deutscher Thread.

Legal Stuff:
This work is based upon Egosoft's original files and all remaining original content licensed under it's EULA.
All work done by me is published under CC-BY-NC license. You are free to do with it whatever you want, as long as you mention me in the credits and don't try to earn money with it. Message me, if you need help with your adaption and/or license issues.
Last edited by Samuel Creshal on Sat, 25. Apr 09, 19:14, edited 7 times in total.

dathion
x3

Post by dathion » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:22

I dont have TC yet but when I get it I'll definatley use this hud :D

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:32

Where does the TR come from? If I remember correctly, X2 was called TT, as in The Threat?

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:42

supakillaii wrote:Where does the TR come from? If I remember correctly, X2 was called TT, as in The Threat?
X2: The Return. That was the cancelled AddOn to X2.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:45

Yes. There were only a few screenshots published before it was cancelled in favor of X³R.

amirite

Post by amirite » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 19:07

Well more ui mods are always welcome. I like where it's going, and the crosshairs look pretty sweet. And the autoaim icon is the perfect size as far as I am concerned. gotta say, some of those ship icons look pretty lame. They're just unappealing blobs. I see what you're going for, try to make them a little less bulky. And they really shouldn't be overlapping each other in the sector map.

It just needs work, though it will definitely look good when it's done. You can probably get a little creative with the right-click menus. Maybe something with transparency for better visibility. I like how this feels like a 'lighter' vesion of th X interfaces, so far.
-TEVE

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 19:54

amirite wrote:They're just unappealing blobs.
I'm not really satisfied by them myself, I'll look for alternatives...
And they really shouldn't be overlapping each other in the sector map.
That could be a problem, since the Icon height in the sector map is really small, so either the "rands" around the icons are reduced to the left/right side, no longer top/down, or I have to reduce the standard icons in the middle (btw, sorry for my bad english, I hope you understand what I want to say ^^"). Not sure what option will have the smaller impact on readability. I want to avoid creating complete new icons, that would be too irritating, imho ("Hmm, is that an M4 or M5 at my heck? Wait, why is it shooting with HEPTs? OSHI-*boom*").
Maybe something with transparency for better visibility.
Hmm, should be possible. Someone in the french forum made the sidebar half-transparent, that could be combined.
Last edited by Samuel Creshal on Sat, 13. Dec 08, 23:50, edited 1 time in total.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Mon, 3. Nov 08, 18:59

Since noone complained about the icons and transparencies, here is the Mod. :D

Version 1.2.1 ( 3.Nov.08 )
Last edited by Samuel Creshal on Fri, 23. Jan 09, 17:35, edited 2 times in total.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 01:00

Small update.
Weapon icons now show the damage stats of the respective weapon (damage per projectile, sometimes TC will display the damage per second, don't get confused by that ;) ).

Since the mod now reached a point where not every feature suits every user, I created a setup program, where you can choose which features you want. The respective catalog files are then installed.
You can also remove the mod at any time via Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs (need to activate the "show updates"-option, since the mod is regarded as such). This is strongly recommended before updating TC!

You need to manually remove older versions of the mod before installing this one!

Version 1.3 ( 8.Nov.08 )
Last edited by Samuel Creshal on Fri, 23. Jan 09, 17:35, edited 3 times in total.

XFree
x3tc

Post by XFree » Sun, 9. Nov 08, 01:18

edited :)
Last edited by XFree on Sun, 9. Nov 08, 01:42, edited 1 time in total.

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 02:22

I installed 1.3 of this mod and put all the features in though I don't get the changes other than the weapon stats.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 11:00

Do you use any other mods and/or fakepatches? Is your game patched to 1.2.1?

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Sun, 30. Nov 08, 23:56

I knew someone was going to bring up patches... :roll:
Of course it's 1.2.1, kind of hard not to have it on Steam, I have the enhanced patrols fakepatch, that's it, but if that's going to interfere with a bunch of pixels that make fancy blue shapes then that's just ludicrous.

Pijang

Post by Pijang » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 08:56

great work mate :!: i really do like what u did here :)

but would u consider doing a brackets/boxes less version? what i mean is getting rid of those color-coded target boxes around ships and stations so only your currently selected target has a target box? would it be too much to ask? :) i know there are some other peps out there looking for a mod like that. Any time u could spend lookin into it will be greatly appreciated! :)

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 12:48

Pijang wrote:but would u consider doing a brackets/boxes less version? what i mean is getting rid of those color-coded target boxes around ships and stations so only your currently selected target has a target box?
Hmm, sounds reasonable. Will include it in the next version...

@Commander Zane: Argh, overlooked your post. :S If the fakepatch overwrote any cats/dats or if you installed the HUD-Mod after the other fakepatch, then it will definitively interfere with the HUD-Mod. In this case, remove both fakepatches manually (not via the uninstaller!). The reinstall the HUD-Mod, and then the other fakepatch. The HUDMod-Installer is atm unable to "skip" already used cat/dat-numbers and will not install correctly in this case. I'll try to improve this behavior in the next version...

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 13:33

Eh, whatever, I'm using the Combat Hud that came with Combat Mod 3.

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 13:37

And I can find it... where?

Pijang

Post by Pijang » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 14:27

Samuel Creshal wrote: Hmm, sounds reasonable. Will include it in the next version...
YES \o/
thank u Samuel :D

Samuel Creshal
x3tc

Post by Samuel Creshal » Thu, 11. Dec 08, 15:09

You may worship me later... :D

Commander Zane
x3tc

Post by Commander Zane » Fri, 12. Dec 08, 04:11

Samuel Creshal wrote:And I can find it... where?
X-Universe forums, CMOD3.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”