[SCRIPT] NPC Bailing Addon v1.7.8 [2010-09-21]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 05:33

Update 1.3

:arrow: Main change is a fix to the 'Extra' equipment option, which just plain didn't work before. Please let me know your comments to help with balancing this option.

FYI: The script command 'eject pilot from ship' has an issue where if you try to install any equipment to the abandoned ship before approx 10 secs have passed, then it simply doesn't work - most of the time. My theory is that there is one galaxy timestep between initial call of 'eject pilot from ship' and the ship being stripped of equipment, so you have to wait.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 05:39

Khaak_Slayer wrote:Well while that was a good suggestion, it didn't work either i'm afraid.

However i've noticed something else i missed earlier. The title of the community config menu is "ReadText7101-300". Does that suggest there is a problem with the config menu itself?
Hmm, as in instead of saying "Plugin Configurations' it has a readtext?

One wierd-ass problem. I can only make the same suggestion as before, only as well as NPC Bail Extension, do a complete reinstall of Community Configuration Menu first.

I.e. completely remove NPC Bail Addon, then completely remove Community Configuration menu. Then reinstall Community Configuration Menu, then reinstall NPC Bail Addon.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 11:41

Ahhh, solved it!

There was a file remaining in the T folder, 7101-L044.xml. I guess i should have noticed that a lot sooner, what a lemon.
I assumed the plugin manager would account for all files.

Sorry for taking up a lot of your time, i will now endeavor to test it properly.

Thanks for all your help
Rawr.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 22:47

Update v1.4

:arrow: Added big and huge ship bailing options.

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 00:08

Ty!

Are M8 and TL categorized as big or huge?

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 00:46

Teladidrone wrote:Ty!

Are M8 and TL categorized as big or huge?
I think M8 is classed as big, whereas TLs are huge.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 01:06

i just installed this, turned all settings on (just to try it out)

i like how they bail rate is adjustable, BUT

any of the ships that this script acted on, i can no longer claim

The "Claim" option has been completely removed!

the M7 is sitting there, i can see what is in it, but i cant claim it, so i fell cheated, as i would like to claim it.

im wondering, for large and huge ships, could you script it so that multiple astronauts eject? this would help with the realism, you could even (dont know if this is possible) stop one function as each one ejects

IE first ejects, left side turret stops firing, then right side, bottom, ext. until the last one, who could be the captain.

This would be helpful for when you are taking over a ship, you could do so to reduce the number of opponents your soldiers have to fight through

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 01:17

You will need http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=220348 for claiming big ships; at least thats how it was in Reunion...

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 01:24

this isnt only big ships

there are 2 M5's and 1 M4 that i cant capture!

i understand about big ships

A5PECT
x4

Post by A5PECT » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 01:50

Umm, does setting the equipment damage to "extra" mean there will be extra equipment, or extra damage?

:?:
Admitting you have a problem is the first step in figuring out how to make it worse.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 02:23

corhen wrote:any of the ships that this script acted on, i can no longer claim

The "Claim" option has been completely removed!

the M7 is sitting there, i can see what is in it, but i cant claim it, so i fell cheated, as i would like to claim it.
As mentioned, you need Cycrow's Salvage Claim software to claim big ships. I should have mentioned this in the OP, I'll sort that out.

corhen wrote:im wondering, for large and huge ships, could you script it so that multiple astronauts eject?
Multiple astronauts will eject, unless it's a xenon or khaak ship. If there is definately no astronauts and you are not using 'Salvage Commands and NPCs' plugin (where there are NPC ships that may 'Rescue' astronauts), then let me know because that is a bug. I *have* tested to make sure multiple astronauts eject, but you never know.

corhen wrote:IE first ejects, left side turret stops firing, then right side, bottom, ext. until the last one, who could be the captain.

This would be helpful for when you are taking over a ship, you could do so to reduce the number of opponents your soldiers have to fight through
This is a much more advanced feature and would require nearly the same amount of work as the whole script over again. It's a damn good idea though, but don't expect it to be added any time soon.

KloHunt3r wrote:Umm, does setting the equipment damage to "extra" mean there will be extra equipment, or extra damage?
"Extra" will keep equipment based on the hull damage - generally keeping much more than "Default"

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 02:25

corhen wrote:this isnt only big ships

there are 2 M5's and 1 M4 that i cant capture!

i understand about big ships
Sorry didn't see that at first. Hmm, I thought (and others have reported) that this issue was resolved. Again Salvage Claim Software would remove this issue completely, but still, I will look into it.

Anyone else seeing this problem (again)?

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 05:25

I am yet to see that problem, -at all-.

I probably won't use the huge ship bailing, as i think the captains should go down with their ships in those really big ones - or activate a self-destruct thing first to scuttle their vessel. I might not use the big ship bailing either, if it causes M6 ships like Centaurs to bail, as that seems too easy to acquire ships. But it would add to realism, so i might. It's something i'll ponder for sure.

Anyway, downloading to keep up to date with this fun mod. Thanks for another update!
Rawr.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 05:44

Khaak_Slayer wrote:I am yet to see that problem, -at all-.

I probably won't use the huge ship bailing, as i think the captains should go down with their ships in those really big ones - or activate a self-destruct thing first to scuttle their vessel. I might not use the big ship bailing either, if it causes M6 ships like Centaurs to bail, as that seems too easy to acquire ships. But it would add to realism, so i might. It's something i'll ponder for sure.

Anyway, downloading to keep up to date with this fun mod. Thanks for another update!
Personally, I've enabled big and huge ship bailing, after being resistant to the very idea at first. But I have set at 50% (with small ships set at 100%) and I'm using my NPC salvagers script as well. So the high bravado of big ships, plus lower bail rate, plus NPC salvagers, means that coming across an abandoned big ship will be a very very rare occurrence. Certainly not happened yet in about 5 hours of playing. Saying that, all these sojourns into scripting means I'm still in early game with not much universe explored or satellited yet!

Teladidrone
x3tc

Post by Teladidrone » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 13:08

I'm a little curious how the bail rate is calculated in the end... I take it that setting 100% does not mean every ship would bail and that it is a little more complicated than that?
How much influence does this mysterious "bravado" have?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 15:12

I had 2 Pirate M4's that bailed on me last night that i couldnt claim, no claim option one was a Pirate Buzzard, the other a pirate scorpion, no messages played before the pilots bailed, this was on a station defence mission, but another 2 m3's that bailed on the same mission , which did play messages were capturable. Last night was the first time i installed this software, it was downloaded last night so i presume it is the latest version i have small ships set to bail at 40% large and huge ship bailing set to off and equipment set to extra.

Legionnaire

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 15:29

I really can't find any other way to make ships cappable that don't show the 'capture' context option, and haven't run into this problem myself. All I can suggest for now is the Salvage Claim Software, which shouldn't have any issues.

As for the bravado rating, its simply the sum of morale, aggression and fight skill. The full range is from 0 to 300, but typically you only find from 20 to 90 in the game.

The formula is fairly straightforward, I played around with gnuplot (graph plotting program) quite a bit to find a function that worked for me:
Spoiler
Show
modifier = (bailrate/10)^2
chanceofbailing = modifier / (modifier + bravado)
-- check random number for probability of bailing *at all*
hull%tobailat = 100*chanceofbailing

minimum: 1 / (1 + bravado) = very low chance of bailing for all but absolute lowest bravado, and even at bravado of 1, only a 1/2 chance.

maximum: 100 / (100 + bravado) = approx 1/2 chance the highest bravado, and near a 1/1 chance for low bravados.

corhen
x3tc

Post by corhen » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 18:12

I got the remote claim software working.

Yea no message plays when some1 bails. When no sound playes, I can't claim the ship without the software. Could it be a conflict of mods?

The "follow target" and "attack target" commands remain on the menu.

Edit* cleaned up the message(im on a iPod, so it makes cohesion a little hard)
Last edited by corhen on Sat, 1. Nov 08, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.

ThisIsHarsh
x3tc

Post by ThisIsHarsh » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 19:16

corhen wrote:I got the remote claim software working

Yea no message plays when this happens. Could it be a conflict of mods?

The "follow target" and "attack target" commands remain on the menu
I'm really not sure what you are saying. The 'Claim ship' command of Salvage Claim Software should play audio announcements, yeah, but if it's not and it's still claiming the ships fine then is it that big a deal?

Legionnaire
x4

Post by Legionnaire » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 20:10

I think what corhen means is that when a pilot bails normally he gives a message saying hes bailing. the ships that dont play a bail message, cannot be captured. Ive also seen this, and every ship where a bail message is played can be captured, if no bail message plays , ship is uncapturable

Legionnaire

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”