[Question] Ship formations

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

reanor
x4

[Question] Ship formations

Post by reanor » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 15:04

The default formation is Delta. I remember in Reunion and X2: The Threat you could place ships in formation and they would hold the formation. Is that achievable in TC? I've noticed that if I put wing in formation Delta (haven't tried any other formations yet) they fly around like a bunch of flies just buzzing circling each other in & pattern.

Which formation type makes ships stick to the wings and don't buzz around? Like hold the line sort of?
“The dark and the light, they exist side by side." ... “It is often in the darkest skies that we see the brightest stars."

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 15:15

I've noticed the same thing...if you have a wing set to protect another target however they do appear to form up.

The lack of a cohesive formation when the wing is in free flight (i.e not guarding) is a problem as often the fastest, and this most likely means the worse shielded, zooms off ahead of the others during an attack...not good.

Also, and this could be considered a request, we need to be able to set certain ships in the group to dedicated missile defence duties. We could do this with the wing/group commands in Reunion and I'd certainly welcome its return in TC.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”