[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

-Dusty-
x3tc

[Script] Factory Complex Constructor [4.02]

Post by -Dusty- » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 13:24

[ external image ]

[ external image ] Die Deutsche Version ist hier.

Description:

The Factory Complex Constructor (FCC) has been developed to enable the construction of good- looking complexes in X3: Terran Conflict. To enable this, the Factory Complex Constructor offers a wide range of features that can make station and complex building easier, faster and more precise.

The Factory Complex Constructor offers the following features:
  • Station and complex building
  • Precise station placement (precision up to 1m / 7,5°)
  • Moving and rotating existing stations (even if the station is connected to a complex)
  • Building single control centres without having to connect two stations
  • No obstructed view while building stations (Sectormap, etc.)
  • Moving whole Complexes
  • OOS* station building
  • Detailed station informations
  • Collison warning prevents collisions
*OOS: Out of Sector

Download

Important: Since version 4.00, There are two different editions of the Factory Complex Constructor: The "Light" and the "Plus" edition. These editions differ in their range of features.
You can see a chart here which shows the differencies between the two editions.

Why are there two different editions?
In the process of developing the Factory Complex Constructor, more and more features have been integrated into the script. Many users appreciated these features - but meanwhile, other people criticised that the script had become overloaded.

Due to this, I decided to make two different edtitions. The "Light" edition which offers only the core features of the FCC, and the "Plus" edition which offers extended functionality.

Light- Edition

The "Light" editions offers the core features of the FCC.

Features:
  • Build stations using the FCC
  • Move and rotate existing stations
  • Move whole complexes
  • Move and rotate stations in complexes
  • collision prevention

Outdated links:
Factory Complex Constructor 4.02 Light.zip

3.2 MB, including manual

Mirror

Plus- Edition

The "Plus" edition offers extended functionality.

Features:
  • Build stations using the FCC
  • Move and rotate existing stations
  • Move whole complexes
  • Move and rotate stations in complexes
  • collision prevention
  • OOS station building
  • Camera drones for more perspectives
  • automatically secure colliding stations
  • Detailed station information
  • Save stations as reference points

Outdated links:
Factory Complex Constructor_4.02 Plus.zip

3.2 MB, including manual

Mirror

Manual

There is an extensive manual for the Factory Complex Constructor which explains all of its features as well as technical issues like the installation of scripts. It also contains valuable informations and links regarding complex building.

Both editions of the FCC include the manual in the .zip file. Alternatively, you can download/view it here.

Script information

Current version: 4.02
Date:November 25th, 2009

The first version of this script has been developed by triple81. Later, the script was re- written partially by -Ford-, and finally brought to its current state by me.

Note about the Terran Conflict version of this script

This script has originally been made for X3: Reunion. Now, it has been adjusted to work with X3: Terran Conflict. Some changes in the code became necessary - due to this, there may appear some smaller bugs in the TC version of this script. If you've found a bug, please report it here.

Technical stuff

Command slots:
Command_Type_General_29 (829)
Command_Type_General_43 (843)

Text files:
8845-L049 (Page ID 8845)
8845-L044 (Page ID 8845)

Critics and other comments and are always most welcome :)

Edit: Added working download links. X2-Illuminatus
Last edited by X2-Illuminatus on Fri, 19. May 23, 09:59, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: fixed http img links

1Prophecy
x3tc

Post by 1Prophecy » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 15:06

Very nice work! Thanks much for the conversion, dusty. :D

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 17:57

wow, nice. I loved it in X3R (though my final install used ARES instead) and cant wait to build some nice big complexes now.

thankyou

DaWilko
x4

Post by DaWilko » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 03:41

Thanks Dusty! I ran up the X3:R version and was I have some issues! :) HEPT Factories building Gatling Guns and other funky stuff like that.

Next time i'll wait!

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 16:17

Hi, I think there might be a conflict with the CAG script. I got the German version, which works fine, but once I added this script it totally removed the CAG from game.

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 17:08

dragonsblade71uk wrote:Hi, I think there might be a conflict with the CAG script. I got the German version, which works fine, but once I added this script it totally removed the CAG from game.
Uh... Are you sure? There seems to be no conflict with the CAG script, both scripts use different command slots and text pages.

I've just tried to install both scripts - works fine.
Did you change any command slots in one of the scripts?

dragonsblade71uk
x3tc

Post by dragonsblade71uk » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 02:04

Well after a reload of everything minus a couple of scripts that didn`t really seem to work as i wanted, all seems ok.
No idea what happened.
The scripts I left out were the auto jump and auto aim scripts.

ColonelCornhole

Post by ColonelCornhole » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 06:24

Oh btw - This thing is purty sexy. Anyone know if there is an updated Factory Complex Calculator out yet?

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 21:28

with your script loaded I get horrible latency and CPU spikes whenever I have ANY complex of any type in my field of view, be it mine or any NPC of any varieties, no problem when seeing ships or if I uninstall the plugin, and even if I DISABLE it, when it's loaded at all in any way and not completley uninstalled the issue is there, FPS drops to 2 - 5 if there's more than a couple complexes...

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Thu, 30. Oct 08, 22:01

Grimm Spector wrote:with your script loaded I get horrible latency and CPU spikes whenever I have ANY complex of any type in my field of view, [...]
Well, the fps rate in the game always drops drastically when viewing a lot of stations/complexes... In Terran Conflict, it is even worse than in Reunion, especially when viewing one of the new stations.

I doubt that the FCC has anything to do with that, as it does not affect any previously built stations. And stations which have been built with the script don't differ from normal ones in any way - there are no additional script tasks running which could affect the performance.

Did you already install the latest patch/Hotfix to version 1.2.1? It solves a lot of performance issues.

If anyone else notices this problem, please tell me.

Grimm Spector
x3tc

Post by Grimm Spector » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 16:44

I'll try it after installing the hotfix, but I was not getting the problem in that particular sector before installing your script nor was I after uninstalling it, so...

I'd really like to use it though, the current construction method is crap...

LukesLeftLeg
x3tc

Post by LukesLeftLeg » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 07:22

OMG! Dusty, you absolute star!
Thank you very much indeed.

With this little beauty, I reckon I'll be able to put a complex together without missing your ARES script too much.
Well, ok, tall order there, but I might actually be able to find it within myself to bother with complexes again.

Only thing is, I uninstalled X3TC this morning to go back to X3R for a while.
Hmm where am I gonna find 7 Gigs?

Anyway, nice one Dusty, thank you :)

(PS, I still love ARES though, so any time you're feeling in an updatey kind of mood)

-Dusty-
x3tc

Post by -Dusty- » Sat, 1. Nov 08, 13:40

Grimm Spector wrote:I'll try it after installing the hotfix, but I was not getting the problem in that particular sector before installing your script nor was I after uninstalling it, so...
That's actually strange. As I've already mentioned, the FCC does not run any background tasks which could affect the performance... Anyway, maybe the 1.2.1 hotfix solves this problem.

LukesLeftLeg wrote:(PS, I still love ARES though, so any time you're feeling in an updatey kind of mood)
Well, if there ever will be a new version of ARES for Terran Conflict, it won't be a simple update... There are new menus in TC which would work much better than the text messages in Reunion for controlling ARES. And due to the fact that the Reunion version is still buggy, parts of the script had to be re-written anyway. I think there will be a new version of ARES for Terran Conflict - but don't ask me when this will happen :D

rastanick
x3tc

Post by rastanick » Wed, 12. Nov 08, 18:43

Script works great :) ...Except ... If I request a station report the messge box appears but it is empty apart from a small (back arrow?) in the bottom right hand corner .... Anybody else experience this? Is there a fix?

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 06:42

I have created a small extension pack for FCC. It allows you to "FCCize" an existing station. That is, move a station using the offset parameters of FCC. Useful for mines and complexes that were built before you had FCC.

It has two modes, one for a unconnected station and one for a station connected to a complex. There is a hotkey to switch between the modes.

For the unconnected station mode select the reference position, then the station you want to move, then enter in the X,Y,Z offsets.

For the connected station mode, you must manually target the station you want to move using the target key, t by default, before you run the command. Then, once you run the command select the reference position, and the X,Y,Z offsets.

This should be treated as an alpha release, save, save, and save the saves.

At the moment there is no check for a tractor beam, nor location, these limitations will be added later.

The command is available on your TL class ships below the FCC commands.

known issues:
Renaming doesn't work properly under certain conditions.

Script pack download. *English only*
[ external image ]

uses COMMAND_GENERAL_45
and t file 8846
Last edited by morbideth on Fri, 14. Nov 08, 16:43, edited 1 time in total.

morbideth
x3tc

Post by morbideth » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 06:53

dusty, there is a small bug with the naming script.

Code: Select all

in plugin.set.name

086   if $Counter.Stations.B > 23
087    $Counter.Stations = $Counter.Stations.B - 24
088   else
089    $Counter.Stations = $Counter.Stations.B
090   end

breaks for values greater then 2*24
change to
089   $Counter.Stations = $Counter.Stations.B mod 24
to fix.

amcb10
x3tc

FCC Help Needed

Post by amcb10 » Fri, 14. Nov 08, 22:49

I recently installed the Factory Construction mod in a hope to better factory placement but I am now stuck. I first placed a complex construction kit and then a wheat farm and selected the construction kit for the farm placement.

When I then look at the map I have 2 seperate stations, how do I connect these stations, I thought this mod did that for you.

Any help or walk through would be appreciated.

Thanks

pewpew

Post by pewpew » Sat, 15. Nov 08, 09:47

You must use the drop station command for complex construction kit and mines.
If you want to place your hub precisely use the build station and connect it to your station with another kit using the drop station command.

Bel-O-Kan
x3tc

Post by Bel-O-Kan » Tue, 18. Nov 08, 01:45

Great :)
But how can I delete the FCC reference point after use :?:

Thanks

vannawodka

Post by vannawodka » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 22:36

This is going to sound picky but anyone know offhand how many meters long one section of complex tube is? Laying stations was the one good use of the ecliptic projector in x3r.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”