[REQ] Cool idea - way beyond me... Teladi Asteroid Haulers

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Graxster
x3tc

[REQ] Cool idea - way beyond me... Teladi Asteroid Haulers

Post by Graxster » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 19:07

Saw a request for a Create Asteroid cheat, and it gave me this idea. As you may know, quite a few people don't like using anything they consider a cheat. Here's my idea, no idea how difficult (or impossible) it may be in X3TC:

AL plugin? (so ships can be removed easily if player changes their mind about the mod)

Create 6 or 8 Albatrosses scattered around the universe in core sectors.

Name these ships: Teladi Asteroid Haulers

(have to somehow get around the game's penchant for making an Albatross piloted by a Teladi automatically act as a standard shipyard TL)

When the player Comms one of these ships, at first you see the standard "request comm with > Captain" and the standard TL Teladi response.

Next menu, instead of "want you to transport something" it should say "want you to transport an asteroid".

Now the standard "It will cost you xxxx credits for every gate we go through" message/movie, but need to use the highest price TL's have an audio file for (5,000 cr per gate?).

Then user input to select the sector and asteroid he wants moved, and destination sector and XYZ position for placing the asteroid.

Teladi ship flies to sector and approaches within 5k of asteroid, get Ore Type and Yield, destruct show no explosion TRUE. Flies to destination sector and within 10k of XYZ and create asteroid of type and yield.

I remember there was always quite a bit of talk in X3R about not being able to tow asteroids through gates. This is one "non-cheat" way to solve that. Well, that's it in a nutshell, feel free to co-opt the idea.

-Grax

Gazz
x4

Post by Gazz » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 19:29

For Reunion I wrote the Super Tractor script that did allow your ships to tow just about anything without the hassles and limitations of "the" tractor beam.
...and allowed towing asteroids through gates. =)
My complete script download page. . . . . . I AM THE LAW!
There is no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 19:39

When I was making the asteroid script, I had an idea like yours. Only it was a ship coming in and dropping off a beacon. This beacon was then used for an asteroid to be "jumped" to that position. But alas, it proved too smart for me to figure out.

That said, I'm going to convert my asteroid script tonight, but it's not really a cheat. You pay dearly for them. In fact, I may increase that as well. Inflation you know. ;)

If I remember, it was 100000-110000 per 1 yield. I may double it.

jimhsu77479
x4

Post by jimhsu77479 » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 20:14

How about http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=191617 ?

PS Here is (a quickly tested) conversion for the above.

I'll keep this up if it's fine with Nividium.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”