(request) Make boarding easier

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lastebil
x3tc

(request) Make boarding easier

Post by lastebil » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 17:04

Make boarding easier.

In general this is just to hard now imo. I could install bailing signal extention when it arrives, but I'd rather do it by using marines and stuff. Capturing other ships is the ultimate in combat imo, but atm it's just to hard to be fun.

Here are a few suggestions on how to make it more playable:

Make the "boarding" command MUCH more efficent for npc ships.

Make marines allready landed on a hull, but are to many to enter the ship right away stand by on the hull and enter the ship as their commerades get mercilessly slaugthered by the ships defenders.

"Save" the progress of the capturing process, so if your first wave of attackers fail, the next wave don't have to start all over again.

Tone down the damage to the ship caused by the boarding party.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: (request) Make boarding easier

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 17:11

lastebil wrote:Make boarding easier.

In general this is just to hard now imo. I could install bailing signal extention when it arrives, but I'd rather do it by using marines and stuff. Capturing other ships is the ultimate in combat imo, but atm it's just to hard to be fun.

Here are a few suggestions on how to make it more playable:

Make the "boarding" command MUCH more efficent for npc ships.

Make marines allready landed on a hull, but are to many to enter the ship right away stand by on the hull and enter the ship as their commerades get mercilessly slaugthered by the ships defenders.

"Save" the progress of the capturing process, so if your first wave of attackers fail, the next wave don't have to start all over again.

Tone down the damage to the ship caused by the boarding party.
1. To make them more effecint, you use the Boarding Pods. Simply firing them at the target ships

2. As above the boarding pods can pretty much do this, especialyl if you fly close to the target ships and fire

3. The progress already "saves" in a way. When your marines fight, they will take out some of the defences of the ship. Next time you try there are less defenses and it becomes easier

4. This can already be done, increase the marines Engineering stat and the damage is reduced. If you send in untrained marines, they make a mess ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”