[SCRIPT] Turbo Booster : V1.10 : 02/08/2011

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

[SCRIPT] Turbo Booster : V1.10 : 02/08/2011

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 20:35

=============================================
Script: Turbo Booster
Created: 02/08/2011
Version: 1.10
Author: Cycrow
Game: X3: Terran Conflict
=============================================

:?: Installation:
:?: Introduction:
  • When the Split decided they needed a bigger advantage in combat, they commissioned Cycrow Technologies Inc. to create a device capable of pushing their ships even faster.

The result was the Turbo Booster which is capable of temporary speeding up ships beyond what's normally possible.
    Although the device was a complete success it wasn't without its problems. Due to the amount of strain it adds to the ships engine the device needs to cool down after use and can only run for a limited time.

The device is available from all good Split Equipment Docks

:?: Using the Device:
  • The device is designed to integrate into any ship and a simple hotkey can be used to activate and deactive the device.
    Configure this hotkey in your ships control system to use.
:?: Energy Requirement:
  • The device requires a certain amount of energy to use, this can come in 1 of 3 ways, either use spaceflies, only one is required for the whole duration of the turbo.
    Or just use good old energy cells, but the device would require a constant feed of these to remain active.
    Otherwise, the device links into your shield generators to use your shield energy to power it.
Last edited by Cycrow on Tue, 13. Jun 17, 21:14, edited 8 times in total.

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 21:05

Its so good to see you applying your magic to this game to Cycrow!

Its amazing you get time when your so busy in the Oblivion forum.

Only just got X3-TC, does the game have your guilds incorperated in it, if not are you going to draft them over ?

Thanks,

:)
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 21:07

999-JAY-999 wrote:Its so good to see you applying your magic to this game to Cycrow!

Its amazing you get time when your so busy in the Oblivion forum.

Only just got X3-TC, does the game have your guilds incorperated in it, if not are you going to draft them over ?

Thanks,

:)
the game does have factions with seperate missions etc, not exactly the same as the guilds, but not far off

999-JAY-999
x3tc

Post by 999-JAY-999 » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 21:15

I notice that there isnt any script manager program linked here in this forum like you did in the previous X3 game...

Can your manager program work with this game to ? though I imagine if it did you would have already had a link to it and the scripts you releasing would be already packed. :gruebel:
System Spec :-

AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Duel 6000+ (3.01GHz)
Windows XP Home Ed. SP 3
ATI Radeon HD 4850 (512)
Creative X-FI Soundard
2.00 GB of RAM
G9 RAZOR Mouse

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Mon, 20. Oct 08, 21:19

the new version is currently being beta tested, which is y its not linked.

once thats finished it will be available

ACrazyGerman
x4

Post by ACrazyGerman » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 13:51

There is Mrk 1 and mrk II, whats the difference?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 15:46

odd i seem to have missed that from the readme :oops:

MK2 is for larger ships, ships that come under the "Huge Ship" subclass, M1, M2, TL, etc

MK1 is for the rest

Benedict
x3

Post by Benedict » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 20:58

Nice work Cycrow!!

A little question, is there any chance that this script will be signed, as it did in X3? If so, what happends with the unsigned one, will it have the same filenames, Text ID's? or will it appear as a second turbo boost in the ware list?

Regards,

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 21:03

Benedict wrote:Nice work Cycrow!!

A little question, is there any chance that this script will be signed, as it did in X3? If so, what happends with the unsigned one, will it have the same filenames, Text ID's? or will it appear as a second turbo boost in the ware list?

Regards,
ill speak to moggy2 about signing sometime. The filenames will be the same most likly, and the wares will be the same

ewokshaman1
x3

Post by ewokshaman1 » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 21:26

You do Oblivion too, Cycrow?!

God, when are you making your own game?

Nice thing with putting the spaceflies as a possible method of power... though it brings to mind this strangely amusing image of a guy standing next to a boiler, throwing a dog sized housefly into it.

My only real question here is, will damage occur in conjunction with additional speed (Like in the x3:R, Overtune BBS script)? Further, would something like that perhaps be in a later update of this mod? As far as my thought goes, it would make some sense, at least with larger vessels.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 21:43

nope theres no damage, but the amount you can use it is limited and have to cool down in between

also, it costs alot more to activate the device, so each time you stop and restart, is costing you alot of energy cells ;)

spaceflies only require 1 however, but requires 1 for each boost

supakillaii
xr

Post by supakillaii » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 22:05

Thank you Cycrow!
A reason to do illegalities and a way to run away after that!
:D *yay 1st page*

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 14:26

Hi Cycrow,

I've installed this in the normal way using the plugin manager however the Turbo Booster does not appear to be available at any of the Split Equipment Docks I've visited.

I tried removing the script (again via the manager) and reinstalling but I'm still not seeing it. Any ideas?

Script editor is enabled and other scripts appear to be working, excepting the Wing Hot Keys glitch I reported in that thread.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 14:44

ok it seems to be missing one of the library scripts. i've reuploaded it

just download and install again and it should work

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 14:52

Excellent, thanks Cycrow.

Shihan
x2

Cycrow Split Ship Speed Booster?

Post by Shihan » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 12:57

I have installed it and it shows active in Plug-in manager, option to choose ....Enable Turbo...listed in controls (used F4), bought level 1 and 2 from Family whi and installed it. When I used F4 I get no increase in speed from gauge (boron M7 with 1400+ energy cells on it), I get no change in rate of movement away from a stationary object that is targeted. I can not steer the ship or fire guns. So I am getting an effect from it but not speed. So what am I not doing or doing wrong?
Ironman

Coruskane
x4

Post by Coruskane » Sun, 16. Nov 08, 15:55

what other scripts have you got installed? possibly a clash in commands.

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Wed, 19. Nov 08, 05:11

I'm probably missing a very obvious step here or something. I downloaded the SPK, installed it using the X-Plugin Manager and it shows it as being active, and have purchased both level 1 and 2 and am in my Vidar. I have no idea how to activate it the turbo mechanism. When I go into my controls to try and assign a hotkey to this action, I'm not seeing it as an option in the menu. In my command control menu for my ship, I'm not seeing it anywhere in there as an option either. It appears to be running when I check the scripts. Here's what I currently have installed:

Better Combat Frame Rate
Collect Wares in Sector
Explorer Command Extension
Jump to Me
Sector Scanner
Turbo Booster
Remove Rocks

All of these are activated through the X-Plugin Manager except for Remove Rocks.

Before I go through and start eliminating scripts as the culprit, I was wondering if there was something that I just wasn't doing right. Like the Turbo Boost doesn't work on the Vidar. I haven't tested it on any other ship, but even if I transfer it to another ship, I still don't know how to activate it.

Suggestions?
Comments?
Questions?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I sure do like biscuits

NeckCuttah
x3tc

Post by NeckCuttah » Thu, 20. Nov 08, 04:44

I went through and de-activated all of the scripts, except for the remove rocks and turbo scripts. Still can't figure out how to make it work. Any ideas? Thanks!
I sure do like biscuits

howar31

Post by howar31 » Mon, 1. Dec 08, 10:26

GOD~~
It's so expensive for a beginner like me...lol
I thought it was as expensive as the Jump Drive...Orz

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”