[SCR][BETA][0.9.3][01.11.08] X3-X3TC-Converter Betatest

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

[SCR][BETA][0.9.3][01.11.08] X3-X3TC-Converter Betatest

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 18:57

X3-X3TC-Converter 0.9.3beta

The X3-X3TC-Converter is a script that can convert a X3 Reunion game into another savegame in X3: Terran Conflict. It first reads all available data of player property and writes it to a textfile. That textfile can be read by the game X3TC, which creates ships and stations for the player based on that data.

Attention: This is a beta version of this script. Neither documentation nor code are completely finished. Except for the problems mentioned in this topic, the program is working though.

>>> Readme <<<

Download Beta 0.9.3
[ external image ]

© STL Software Development and Modification, Argon Prime
Last edited by SymTec ltd. on Sun, 23. Nov 08, 00:17, edited 4 times in total.

devir
x3

Post by devir » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 20:06

That's awesome. While I may have played X3R many years ago, it would be nice to port my saved game over.

I spent so many hours exploring the universe, and mapping sectors, building factories that it sort of sucks to start over. Though it does add some fresh life into the old and expanded universe.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 01:46

Impressive. It would be nice to get the old universe back again.

Any way of keeping the complexes kept together? We couldn't do that before, had to separate them, convert, and reconnect.

I would be very willing to test this, once I get the hang of the new mouse system in TC

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 23:32

russbo wrote:[...]Any way of keeping the complexes kept together? We couldn't do that before, had to separate them, convert, and reconnect. [...]
Not within the MSCI limitations. And there's basically no other use for a command like this anywhere else than in this script.

Side note: I released version beta 0.9.2, which fixes a problem with wares not being created aboard the ships.

Khaak_Slayer
x4

Post by Khaak_Slayer » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 06:42

Hey SymTec, did you fix that bug with the X3-X3 version that required you to have a station? That won't cause problems with this version will it?
Rawr.

Archangel_Luzifer
x3tc

Post by Archangel_Luzifer » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 00:21

Thanks, Ex-Import of Wares now functional and looks complete. Problem: Stations don´t produce anything, even if full with resources and empty products. Any idea how to restore function?
X3TC 1.2
X3-X3TC-Converter 0.9.2beta
no mods

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 08:06

Symtec, I'm having a tough time getting this to work. I've used it before with X3.

Created the log file, extensions shown, changed it to 8770-L044.xml, put it in /t in the terran conflict folder of STEAM (is that the issue?), and continue to get the "ReadText 8770-70 cannot be found. You might not have installed the textfile correctly..." error.

I've followed the directions implicitly. Never had problems with this before. All language has been in English, xml files all look ok to me when comparing them to the others in the t folder. I even put a German 49 xml file in there too. No luck.

Is there an issue with STEAM? (I hate Steam, want the DVD..) Any other reasons why the convertor will not find the xml file? File is renamed correctly, and correctly identified by Vista as an xml file. No typos. Using 1.2 version of TC with no mods.

Thanks!

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 10:20

@Archangel_Luzifer: Yes, this is a known problem. Interestingly, the same bug appeared in X3R, and I was able to fix it after some time. However, I need to look up the solution first, and packing the files takes time too, so I might not be able to upload a fixed version of the script this week.

@russbo: A german user had the same problem. This might be connected to special letters being used in the object names (like kyrillic letters, color coding etc.). Depending on the number of objects, you could try changing the object names in the logfile. I could write a version that does not write any object names to the logfile in the first place, if that helps.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 19:31

I wondered if there was something in the list that was disrupting things; I had looked through it and fixed one spacing problem. I'll look at the actual names of things this time, and see if there are any funny characters that ended up in there.

With over 2000 objects, this might take time, LOL...

Thanks for the great work. Appreciate it.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Mon, 27. Oct 08, 23:52

Well, there's two things that might be causing this.

One, I was using EST, the trading software. So some of the objects have pilot names with ranks.

Second, I was using Terracorps, which named and ranked pilots and assigned them to Task Forces, all of which are in the object line.

This was not an issue in the X3 to X3 conversions before.

Here's an example of a Task Force pilot:
<t id="541">object=ship;main=7;sub=54;sec.x=0;sec.y=5;x=-442;y=880; z=1904;docked=1;id=0186;homebase.id=0279;wares=16.63.1:16.58.1: 16.57.1:16.56.1:16.53.1:16.52.1:16.51.1:16.39.1: 16.25.1:16.23.1:16.22.1:16.19.1:16.18.15:16.17.15:16.16.140:16.14.1: 9.2.2:10.4.5:10.0.14:8.25.4:;hull=100;shield=100;pilotname=CEnsig nX CGaryX CKeeneX;locvars=;cmd=none;target.type=null;target.value=null; name=YM3-MbX SZ-47 CCEnsX CG. CKeeneXX C{TF - 16}X;</t>
This forum software is altering some of the text from the xml file; there are no funny squiggly things, just semi colons and hypens and periods. The strange thing you see above, is replacing "arrows" from the original xml. The Task Force pilots do have some long text associated with them.

Not sure if I can "take them out" without disrupting the sequence of ID numbers. Any way of making the script so that it ignores this stuff? Many of us used the Terracorps scripts by Myros, Jennsemann, Eladin, Siath, etc.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 07:50

I got it to work. The culprit was the Terracorps script.

Terracorps script made Fighter bases and combat pilots. The xml file had characters that it didn't like, and the objects created by Terracorps had those characters.

you need to remove, with Notepad, all ), (, {, }, and the little "arrows".

Also, you cannot remove any lines; if there is discontinuity with object ID numbers, the script will stop.

Still trying to get the factories to work... Ships seem to be OK.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Tue, 28. Oct 08, 08:41

This is not working as well as from X3 to X3. Transferring your empire to TC is fraught with difficulties. Symtec, I think they changed too many codes.

Stations don't seem to want to work despite having enough credits and resources.

Some capital ships (Reaver) turn into Advanced Navigation Satellites. (not sure if Pirate Reaver is in TC...)

M3 fighters generally turn up as they were (Mamba's and Nova's, etc), but without weapons, or new TC weapons (the Nova's get that new chain thingie).

Some capital ships come over (Zeus, Titan, Colossus, Mammoth) ok, but need to have weapons either changed or added.

Traders (Demeters, Caimans, etc) seem to come over ok, usually missing weapons, but keep their home base and do function.

Fighters that were docked inside carriers end up in a station, but will return "home".

Problem is, if you have several hundred fighters that you've moved over, you have to take each one and rebuild their armament. Easier to cheat a few wings. In fact, it's easier to cheat the carrier's too.

Not sure what to do with the stations.

Sectors and other information transfer do just fine.

So, overall, the script works well, albeit with some wares problems here and there.

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Fri, 31. Oct 08, 04:22

anybody figure out how to get the factories to work?

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:46

X3-X3TC-Converter 0.9.3 beta released
* Stations do now produce wares.

Hotfix for old versions: Hotfix
Move to "scripts", start game, save game, done. Remove after use.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 00:55

russbo wrote:1. Stations don't seem to want to work despite having enough credits and resources.

2. Some capital ships (Reaver) turn into Advanced Navigation Satellites. (not sure if Pirate Reaver is in TC...)

3. M3 fighters generally turn up as they were (Mamba's and Nova's, etc), but without weapons, or new TC weapons (the Nova's get that new chain thingie).

4. Some capital ships come over (Zeus, Titan, Colossus, Mammoth) ok, but need to have weapons either changed or added.

5. Traders (Demeters, Caimans, etc) seem to come over ok, usually missing weapons, but keep their home base and do function.

6. Fighters that were docked inside carriers end up in a station, but will return "home".

Problem is, if you have several hundred fighters that you've moved over, you have to take each one and rebuild their armament. Easier to cheat a few wings. In fact, it's easier to cheat the carrier's too.
1.: fixed in v0.9.3
2.: see readme - I can only fix this if I have a list of all ships (with main/subtypes) from XTM and their counterparts (again with main/subtypes) in X3TC. This is an awful lot of work, which is why I didn't get around to it in the first place. I did, however, implement a system to fix this quite fast once I have the data.
3.: This is not easy to fix without spending hours on individual solutions for every ship. Sorry, too big a change between X3R and X3TC
4.: see 3.
5.: good to hear
6.: yes, it is sometimes easier to build stuff from scratch instead of looking what the converter gave you and trying to make that stuff work. But that's as good as it gets.

Thanks for feedback :)

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 05:43

Thanks for the fix. Just getting one's factories over into the new game is a major accomplishment. Adding weapons to a few cap ships is not a problem, and just "cheating" some fighters back into the game is easy.

It will be nice to have the old empire back. Appreciate it!

russbo
x4

Post by russbo » Sun, 2. Nov 08, 09:29

Some more info:

You only need to remove the "arrow" that the Terracorps Fleet script puts on the fighters. The other symbols, such as parentheses and brackets, are ok.

Quantum tube factory, 1 and 2 mj shield factories don't convert to what they are; the wares change.

Spaceweed and Spacefuel factories just disappear during conversion.

Headquarters turns into Equipment dock with all of your wares intact.

Meatsteak Cahoona factories disappear.

Most Capital ships lose some weapons. But otherwise seem to be ok. They tend to keep their shields, though the shields are changed to the new formats.

Capital ships transfer over, they have game images and continue with their orders in various sectors, but they do not show up in the My Property list under Ships when you filter for capital class ships. They show up in the My Propery / Ships list when you turn on the "fighter" filter. They present as "green" when you see them. They are there, the game just thinks that they are fighters and not cap ships in the property listing. You see all of them in the statistics area.

Pirate Reavers come over as advanced satellites.

Most fighters also lose some weapons.

The OTAS HCF becomes a fighter drone.

M6's don't seem to transfer well. Become some sort of freighter.

Have not checked all of them, but stations do seem to be running normally, most of them with the usual standard wares and products, and they also have their image in the sector (no missing stations).

Great job! It's easy to cheat a few things, destroy a few things, and get back to a fairly close representation of your empire.

Hexenhammer
x4

Post by Hexenhammer » Thu, 13. Nov 08, 00:34

I just converted my X3R savegame to X3TC and had the same problem as russbo (file not found).
Problem here also were some special characters in the names of some ships.

Two of my M5s had a "" symbol in their names. I removed them - then it worked fine!! Great work indeed, most of my ships and even some of my stations were converted, including my satellites... perfect!! Thanks a lot!! :)

Too bad that no XTM and other mod content could be converted though ;)
Also the whole pilot stats in addition to the money and ranks should be converted (name, start scenario, shots fired, etc...). Oh and my former Argon Centaur MkIII Vangaurd (I think this was a XTM ship) vessel is now listed correctly but responds as "Chokaro" and looks like some freight vessel and has a wrong classification (M6 it should be, but it is YTMAE-50).
Thanks in advance :)

Marcus666
x3tc

Post by Marcus666 » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 13:25

Hi. I'm having no luck downloading this script. When I click on the Download link here I'm connected to a MSCI site then select Download again and get - Der Bestätigungscode für diesen Download war nicht korrekt. Bitte kehre zurück und versuche es erneut.

Sorry, my German is not good, but it seems that a code is incorrect.

Can you help? :cry:
A dark and vengeful god arises - seek the light

Hexenhammer
x4

Post by Hexenhammer » Sun, 23. Nov 08, 15:41

Marcus666 wrote:Hi. I'm having no luck downloading this script. When I click on the Download link here I'm connected to a MSCI site then select Download again and get - Der Bestätigungscode für diesen Download war nicht korrekt. Bitte kehre zurück und versuche es erneut.

Sorry, my German is not good, but it seems that a code is incorrect.

Can you help? :cry:
The code you have to enter usually stands right next to the "Download" button. It's a little picture with numbers and letters in it which you have to enter exactly into the box right of it. THEN click download and it should work. Otherwise try another browser, e.g. firefox or opera, if you can't see a picture.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”