[discontinued] [MOD] CockpitCallback MOD v1.0(for v2.0+) 05/04/2009

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Arkblade
x4

[discontinued] [MOD] CockpitCallback MOD v1.0(for v2.0+) 05/04/2009

Post by Arkblade » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:15

I decided to close this MOD.

This MOD is substitute as I said before.
There is splendid other MOD including a cockpit of PSCO1 now.
Please use them.

Thank you for a users.

links:
[MOD] PSCO1's Cockpit Mod
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=254635

[MOD] Shawn's Cockpit Mod
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=249168

[MOD] ITS-PSCO1-Shawn Cockpit MOD X3TC
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=262446

----
hi, i make CockpitCallback MOD for X3TC.
substitute this Mod until more great modders released complete CockpitCallback Mod.

don't use this mod before X3TCv2.0! causes CTD !

Evasion method of CTD !!
"all" cockpits mod causes CTD before X3TCv2.0, please update X3TC.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zm2zyunquiq

Usage:
Decompression archive and moddata(*.cat, *.dat) is moved to x3tc\mods.
(if you haven't mods foldier, make it)

fake patch.
change moddata name to latest x3tcroot *.cat *.dat number, and put x3 root foldier.

ScreenShots:
[ external image ]

It is almost the same as Galaxy613's Cockpit Callback MOD for X3: Reunion.

Known Problems:
1. Cockpit Meters don't work

It happens even if import all X3: Reunion data.
It is fixed in other cockpit mods.

----
and i have a question, this MOD uses the data of X3.(X3TC doesn't contain cockpit data) Does this become a legal problem?

The answer of EGOSOFT is hoped for if it is possible.
Last edited by Arkblade on Tue, 7. Sep 10, 10:13, edited 25 times in total.

LV
Sith Lord
x3tc

Post by LV » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 00:24

Not unless you try to sell it or use within another product.

Without getting into too much of a legal debate treat anything you mod from X3 to be the Intellectual Property of Egosoft and you won't go wrong
LV's TC Scripts
Readme's For All My Scripts

I felt a great disturbance in the forum, Like millions of voices cried out in terror, then were silenced

si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

joedawson
x3

Post by joedawson » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 01:16

This works great!

So what it crashes to desktop when i quit the game, my game is saved, it seems to work fine in game

Good work, im sure someone younger and more adept than I will straighten this out right away

mrsack
x3tc

Post by mrsack » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 07:31

Any screenshots?

Comar
x3tc

Post by Comar » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 07:43

mrsack wrote:Any screenshots?
QFE
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

JoeDawson8
x3

Post by JoeDawson8 » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 15:21

Does seem to crash when docking. Pity, it looks very nice. I wish i knew even where to start to fix this.

pme2001
x3tc

Post by pme2001 » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 18:45

Nice to see someone hard at work with a cockpit mod!
I pre-ordered this game for release day and i am not playing it until a cockpit mod becomes available. :)
XP SP3 AMD DC 4200+ 2GB RAM GeFORCE 9600GT 250GB HDD SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY SE

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 23:35

jlehtone wrote:[mod-hat on]
Is there actually any point in discussing in this Forum whether there should or should not be cockpits? I thought that here the focus should be in finding persons, like Arkblade, willing and able to make such mod, and solutions to the technical problems within making such mod.
ok, there are two technical problems now.

1. CTD
2. Cockpit meter doesn't work

if they are solved, that almost means the completion of my CockpitCallback MOD.

Someone know about the cause of this problem ?
I think about the possibility of these are bugs of X3TC.exe.

It happens even if data is read in the following order.
1. X3: Reunion Data
2. X3: Terran Conflict Data
3. Cockpit Callback MOD
it means the cause of this bug wasn't texture/model data shortage.
(definition shortage of types/T*** data , or bug of X3TC.exe)

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 19:23

i think that someone occasionally makes the cockpit if there is enough time. (don't know someone does it. moreover, i doesn't guarantee it be fulfilled of your demands to that cockpits. However, it might be better to expect it than the barren discussion)

However, it is in a regrettable thing and X3TC has the possibility of including a big problem in the cockpit display.
(It is trouble of CTD and the cockpit meter)

First of all, it is necessary to fix this trouble !
If it is a problem of X3TC, only EGOSoft is to be able to do this problem fix.
Therefore, the thing that we start is a thing to ask them for the fix problem.

ps.
Moderators, Will you make my Cockpit Callback single topic again?
Or, please change the name of this topic (eg: X3TC cockpits discussion) , and describe my Cockpit Callback at the beginning of topic.
My mod is insufficient, but becomes big help to the person who immediately demands the cockpit.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 21:15

Split, hopefully the relevant posts.

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 21:33

thx, gratitude for early response :)

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 22:52

This causes me to crash whenever I try to leave a sector or dock at a station. :? :? :(

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 23:26

mrjingo wrote:This causes me to crash whenever I try to leave a sector or dock at a station. :? :? :(
I also confirmed the problem, I apologize.
but, The cause of CTD is quite uncertain.
This MOD run completely on X3R. it means the model/texture is complete.
In addition, because the panel animation can work, animation.txt is also complete.

Comar
x3tc

Post by Comar » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 00:06

Ah sh**! Hope someone can fix it, i really want cockpits!
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein

Van-d-all

Post by Van-d-all » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 01:43

I played the game for 15 minutes and I knew the next thing I needed was a proper cockpit view. Thank you for your effort. Without them I felt as if flying in a space suit not a spaceship...

Just to make this clear - after reading about your stability problems I downloaded the mod thinking that I'll just change to outer view in crashy situations AND IT WORKS. Just press F1 before docking.

A shame the meters don't work though...
"You can get much further with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone."

Arkblade
x4

Post by Arkblade » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 02:55

Van-d-all wrote:I played the game for 15 minutes and I knew the next thing I needed was a proper cockpit view. Thank you for your effort. Without them I felt as if flying in a space suit not a spaceship...

Just to make this clear - after reading about your stability problems I downloaded the mod thinking that I'll just change to outer view in crashy situations AND IT WORKS. Just press F1 before docking.

A shame the meters don't work though...
i confirmed the CTD problem evasion by the method that had been posted by you. thx!

pme2001
x3tc

Post by pme2001 » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 17:14

Installed your 'cockpit mod' and thanx to the 'ctd evasion' i might just start playing the game!
Any sort of help from Egosoft on this 'ctd' problem would have been nice though!
I know we are not going to get an official "cockpit mod" from Egosoft, so some help on the small problems this community mod has would be greatfully appreciated
..........once again, nice work Arkblade!
XP SP3 AMD DC 4200+ 2GB RAM GeFORCE 9600GT 250GB HDD SOUNDBLASTER AUDIGY SE

mrjingo
x4

Post by mrjingo » Sun, 26. Oct 08, 08:12

The Boron Skate cockpit doesn't show up.

I think I'm gonna have to shelve cockpits until they are working properly. I keep forgetting to switch views :oops: Hopefully someone can get these working :(

JCESAR

Post by JCESAR » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 12:07

Come on :(, i dont know nothing about programing etc, cant someone fix that CTD problem? and manage to get the meters working? plz...
It just ruins the game for me, being in an M1 capital ship just feels like you are in a slower M3, you dont have that feeling you are in the comanding chair of a damn big battleship, like it should

jahulath
x2

Post by jahulath » Wed, 29. Oct 08, 13:54

JCESAR wrote:Come on :(, i dont know nothing about programing etc, cant someone fix that CTD problem? and manage to get the meters working? plz...
It just ruins the game for me, being in an M1 capital ship just feels like you are in a slower M3, you dont have that feeling you are in the comanding chair of a damn big battleship, like it should
LOL you sound like my boss... Yes it will be possible BUT we are all just human (with the exception of a couple of the dev's kicking about here) and these things take time and a lot of cursing to even start... May I gently suggest that you read up a bit about the practical side of what they are trying to achieve - It'll help your frustration and maybe lower your blood pressure :P

On another note how about a no ship nose display? I imagine myself in a shielded M3 and the last thing I want is windows that would allow a lazer through (I'm feeling the snap crackle and pop of my flesh as I sit in an M7 and a stray IRE shot streams through the plexiglass)... I imagine the view as being a shielded camera array on the hull so why not have it on the ships nose?

I made a laughable attempt some years ago at tweaking some of the extra cockpits and as I recall the POV is based on the mesh of the ship. can you confirm that? I'm getting keen on the idea of doing it myself now I think about it! the question I suppose is can the be an addon kind of thing or are we talking 3Dmax? (If it's a mesh thing I'm out, I am an SQL man and lack the resources for 3d)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”