Request - Fixed Universe Trader

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Chris150150
x3

Request - Fixed Universe Trader

Post by Chris150150 » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 08:46

It seems like I'm not the only one who is struggling to get the universe trader to work. Thread: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=217560

I wondered if one of you clever(er) folk who understand how the game actually works had any ideas about why the UT is so unreliable and how to fix it?

kippling
x4

Post by kippling » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 17:01

In X3: Reunion there were some scripts written by Lucike, like his Economy Supply Trader scripts that could be used as a (superior) alternative to the standard UT.

He's got an updated version for X3:TC, but I think he's still testing it or hasn't got around to translating it from German to English (or both).

Linky... http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=216745

I was thinking about giving it a go now (I speak some German you see). Hopefully a complete English translation will be forthcoming =)

Chris150150
x3

Post by Chris150150 » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 18:46

Good to know, I might well give that a shot myself as I can read a little bit of German. Worst case, translation software :D

I was just curious as to whether the clever scripty people had any thoughts on what was causing the problem in the first place.

SymTec ltd.
x3tc

Post by SymTec ltd. » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 18:59

If the problem was simple to see and fix, it would probably already have been fixed.

But if one or the other "scripty person" came along and tried to investigate the problem, that would certainly be good. :)

Chris150150
x3

Post by Chris150150 » Tue, 21. Oct 08, 22:32

SymTec ltd. wrote:If the problem was simple to see and fix, it would probably already have been fixed.

But if one or the other "scripty person" came along and tried to investigate the problem, that would certainly be good. :)
Heh yeah I know, but I like to think smarter minds than me will solve this problem easily down the line.

Overall, great game. I'm now mostly factory dependant so the fact my UT's dont make much isnt killing me.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

UT problem?

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 18:13

I have 2 ships now which are lvl 10 merchants or whatever. They were doing sector trading just fine. They both have jumpdrives and I set them to Universe trader and they are just flying around normally, neither of them are using their jumpdrive?

Is that how it is supposed to work in TC?

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 19:08

afaik, its level 12 before they use jumpdrives

Mad Ashy
x3

Post by Mad Ashy » Thu, 23. Oct 08, 19:21

Even once they get the rank to use jump drives they are still buged my lvl 16 goes standby and only trades in the same sector for the same ware over and over then on standby for 30 mins again.
CPU - Motorola 68000 12Mhz
Zilog Z80 4Mhz
RAM - 74KB
Vid - 64KB
Sound - Yamaha YM2610 15

Dreamwind99
x3tc

Post by Dreamwind99 » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 11:44

I think I found whats up with the UT script.

The problem appears when the ship trys to buy wares that the player doesn't have enough standing to buy, it's not checking.

As for fixing it perhaps one of the more skilled scripters can look at it.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 13:13

Do the station traders you have through the buy ware for best price/sell ware for best price operate the same as before in x3 r? Or can they now utilize a jumpdrive? I saw settings for auto jumping and you can set it to yes so I was curious if they will now jump?

Chris150150
x3

Post by Chris150150 » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 13:23

That might be a problem but its not the problem I'm talking about (a lot I realise), or its only part of the problem. I'm finding that it can be stuff as simple as ore from a totally friendly station that it gets stuck on. I can manually trade for the particular good, but the autotrader doesnt like it.

Dreamwind99
x3tc

Post by Dreamwind99 » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 15:13

If setup yes the station traders jump.

Loading fuel from their homebase each run so it seems.

Mine jump anyways.

As fot that being the only prob with UT that'll be the day. :)

But it's part of it I just tried cheating all standings to max so far the UT's are chugging away okie.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 16:27

Yes they do in fact jump but there is a problem. For example, I have an ore mine so my ore mine needs energy cells to operate. So if I set my trader to buy best price energy sells, it always will load its excess energy sells onto the station and then fly normally to go buy more energy cells. So that means there is nothing checking the energy cells on board the trader in the script. It wont reserve energy cells for jumping, it just loads them on the station.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 18:28

BlackRain wrote:Do the station traders you have through the buy ware for best price/sell ware for best price operate the same as before in x3 r? Or can they now utilize a jumpdrive? I saw settings for auto jumping and you can set it to yes so I was curious if they will now jump?
auto jump allows any ship that has a jumpdrive and energy cells to jump when given a movement command.

this includes thingsl ike the trade command, when they move to the station to buy, they will jump if the option is enabled

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 19:11

Hi Cycrow,

Interesting about the auto-jumping.

The issue I have is that while my Energy buyers will keep ECs in reserve & jump out, when they're buying ECs they never jump back again! My other ships selling (Ore & Silicon for what it's worth) jump out and back again just fine.

All Jump settings on all ships are the same but the energy buyers never jump back. I posted about it on the normal forum but no responses, I assume it's not just me seeing this behaviour?

Jump settings are:

Autojump - Yes
Autojump Minimum Jump Range - 0 (i.e. always jump)
Fuel Resupply Quantity (jumps) - 10 (they take 200 ec from factory to cover jumping)

Cheers,

Scoob.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 20:05

just remember that fuel resupply and autojump are not linked.

i really dont know y they wouldn't be jumping back, i assume they have enough energy on board ?

is this with any command, or only certain ones ?

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Fri, 24. Oct 08, 21:30

Hi,

They certainly have plenty of fuel on board, especially if they've just loaded up from the SPP they were visiting. Even the ones that have a 'failed' visit where the price has changed still have plenty in reserve to jump back but they never do.

This only effects my ships buying energy, those selling are fine. I've only got the one complex and all it needs is energy. I may set up an SPP later and see if its energy SELLERS fail to jump back or if the crystal BUYERS fail. That way we'll know if it's an EC issue or a Buying issue.

At the moment it's only my ships which BUY ECs for their factory that fail to jump back. All other ships, including those manually ordered, are jumping as expected.

Cheers,

Scoob.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 00:43

Hi again,

Ok, I've set up my SPP and I can confirm that it's 'Buy for best price...' ships that jump to go get the ware but fail to jump back. Ship has enough ECs in reserve to make the jump but doesn't do so...unless there's some kind of extra reserve it always keeps in case it's attacked?

If that's not the case it must be that the script that does the 'return and offload cargo' for the TS returning to it's home isn't one of the commands that the Autojump handles. Odd as it handles 'fly to...' and 'return home' but not this.

Any ideas? One for the tech forum as a bug maybe?

Cheers,

Scoob.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 05:36

Well, my ships wont even jump when they are going to buy EC's. They were jumping for other stuff but not for Energy cells when buying that is. They wont jump on the return trip home either.

For example the ship has 200 energy cells on board. I set it to buy ware for best price, energy cells. The ship unloads the 200 energy cells onto the station and then flys off to find more energy cells. The ship buys the energy cells and then flies back home, No jumping either way.

Graxster
x3tc

Post by Graxster » Sat, 25. Oct 08, 07:28

Scoob wrote:...unless there's some kind of extra reserve it always keeps in case it's attacked?
If he's a UT, he'll always keep some in reserve for jumping out of being attacked. But that doesn't mean it's not buggy. There have been numerous bug reports about UT's not working properly. If this is a "supply ship" that works only for your factory/complex, then it's probably a different bug or just scripted poorly.

EDIT: I checked out THIS thread in the German forum, and the Economics and Supply Trader scripts look like they come with English Language files. May want to check it out.

-Grax

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”