[Question/Request] overtune

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

AlphaCentauri
x3tc

[Question/Request] overtune

Post by AlphaCentauri » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 16:33

How hard would it be to add another icon to the stations/people somthing like a lil spanner. And they offer engine and rudder tunings maybe evevn cargo bay extensions, either for cash or as reward for doing a task?

paintner

Re: [Question/Request] overtune

Post by paintner » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 17:39

AlphaCentauri wrote:How hard would it be to add another icon to the stations/people somthing like a lil spanner. And they offer engine and rudder tunings maybe evevn cargo bay extensions, either for cash or as reward for doing a task?
well, most trading stations do offer the engine and rudder and cargo space 'upgrades' ... so no need for the spanner there really ...

as a reward for a quest, don´t know if you can do custom quests, if you can, then maybe it would be possible ...
I got an angel on my shoulder, but the devil hold's my hand ...

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Re: [Question/Request] overtune

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 17:51

paintner wrote:
AlphaCentauri wrote:How hard would it be to add another icon to the stations/people somthing like a lil spanner. And they offer engine and rudder tunings maybe evevn cargo bay extensions, either for cash or as reward for doing a task?
well, most trading stations do offer the engine and rudder and cargo space 'upgrades' ... so no need for the spanner there really ...

as a reward for a quest, don´t know if you can do custom quests, if you can, then maybe it would be possible ...
what hes talking about is overtuning. From the trading stations you can tune your ship to its max speed. However, overtuning increase that above and beyond whats usually possible. So the ship can go faster than its maximum speed.

as for doing it, it should be fairly simple in the MD to offer an overtuning service via the comm. However, im not sure if you can add new icons, so u might just have to use one of the existing 4

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 18:29

If adding icons is like it was in X3R, it should be possible. I was just looking at the GUI stuff last night, not much has really changed.

However, it's a pretty difficult task without an editor, so you can see how the specific icons are indexed. Without that, it's a crap shoot. More like a nightmare, trying to decipher it all from the files looking at them in text form.

I'd be willing to collaberate with someone on this, if/when the editor is adapted.

Until then, I think I'd rather drive rusty nails into my ****.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 18:37

well im not sure how the MD selects that icon it displays. I think you just set the mission type and the game engine display the correct one. So it might not be possible to select the actual icon to display.

Would have to dig into the MD more to see if its possible

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 19:54

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.

fud
x3

Post by fud » Wed, 22. Oct 08, 20:24

Cycrow wrote:well im not sure how the MD selects that icon it displays. I think you just set the mission type and the game engine display the correct one. So it might not be possible to select the actual icon to display.

Would have to dig into the MD more to see if its possible

Yeah. I'm trying to find the icon for now. It's not in the GUI master that I've seen.

It's most likely in a file of it's own, in an overlay/etc, since it's been added to the game from the previous version (rather than revamp the gui master).

I'll find it. ;)

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”